AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

There seem to be a disconnect between what the twins are and the expectations of what people wanted/believed them to be. They are not the spawn of a fully powered and unleashed Slaanesh but the result of a portion of Slaanesh's power seeping through the cracks of its prison. Not saying you have to love it, just manage expectations. Two god-tier units which immediately overshadows Keepers would not have been ideal either (as I suspect people would have been furious claiming GW making the battletome obsolete and forcing us to pay for new models/expansions to compete, like typical GW amirite?).

Seeing as HoS got a lot of new units recently and a new battletome I didn't even expect the twins to be a thing at all. Instead, we get two new models who can realistically fit into the same army or complement an army with their respective abilities and areas of focus.

TL;DR: Imma wait for the rules and see what's what. 

• Like 5

I have tried to make a post for like an hour now and keep deleting it because of how negative it is. 

I am instead going to say that, as a grown man, I should not be so crushingly disappointed in words and numbers associated with plastic toys. 

But boy oh boy I sure am. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Nasrod said:

I have tried to make a post for like an hour now and keep deleting it because of how negative it is. 

I am instead going to say that, as a grown man, I should not be so crushingly disappointed in words and numbers associated with plastic toys. 

But boy oh boy I sure am. 

I'm also disappointed, but there's not much we can do about it at the moment (except email them after a few weeks). However I think @pnkdth is right; if we imagine these as a spillage rather than actual 'true' demigods, it may be easier to see the design process. I think the lore suggested that they were uber powerful, but maybe the BR story will explain that it's not the power that made them special, but rather that they can talk with their sire or know where they are. If that's the case, I'd mind their rules much less.

Regardless, with little else to do, I do think the twins will be interesting on the table. One has a 50% chance to stop any hero stone cold for a turn every turn, and the other can project command abilities anywhere on the field. These two abilities alone are interesting, especially with third making changes to command abilities.

You don't have to like them - that's totally fair - but I've at least personally found it best to make the most of a disappointing situation :)

• Like 2

Putting rules aside for a moment I am now quite interested in the size of the models, my assumption was that we were seeing a large oval or the imperial knight skateboard base, but with the wound count and price tag being less than the keeper's I wonder if they might be of a smaller scale, it would be quite rare for GW to charge less for a larger kit (though I recognise a lot of the sillhouette is the wings/drapes in this case) and wounds do often correlate with size.

Wouldn't be the first time scale in an army photo has been misleading, I saw folks speculating the Vengorian Lord was Nagash-sized from the promo shots.

• Like 1

What is all the doom and gloom for.....life will go on...it seems a bit premature as we haven't even seen the warscroll yet and we got a chain of "I'm so disappointed" comments.  I've been playing with the HoS army a few weeks now and have been really enjoying it.  It's been competitive in all of my games.  I don't know what the negativity is for.  We are getting new pretty models, sweet. lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pnkdth said:

There seem to be a disconnect between what the twins are and the expectations of what people wanted/believed them to be. They are not the spawn of a fully powered and unleashed Slaanesh but the result of a portion of Slaanesh's power seeping through the cracks of its prison. Not saying you have to love it, just manage expectations. Two god-tier units which immediately overshadows Keepers would not have been ideal either (as I suspect people would have been furious claiming GW making the battletome obsolete and forcing us to pay for new models/expansions to compete, like typical GW amirite?).

Seeing as HoS got a lot of new units recently and a new battletome I didn't even expect the twins to be a thing at all. Instead, we get two new models who can realistically fit into the same army or complement an army with their respective abilities and areas of focus.

TL;DR: Imma wait for the rules and see what's what. 

Yep I think, upon reflection, this is a healthy outlook to have. I certainly wouldn't want Keepers to be even more overshadowed than they are right now, and it does seem like these two will, as @Enoby pointed out, have some utility outside of mega-caster or beatstick. Having an un-unbindable Slothful Stupor will be pretty good, as well as the toolbox of the other Slaanesh spells. Worst case scenario, we've gained new options. 

Edited by LeonBox
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, azdimy said:

So their warscroll was from the same guy who wrote the warscroll for the broken realm belakor stormcast dude? Pity

I don't think it's that bad - in fact, their warscrolls are pretty okay - I think the main issue is that people don't feel it fits the narrative of Slaanesh's kids.

I bet, if these were just two daemon princes, the reaction to their rules would be considerably better.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I don't think it's that bad - in fact, their warscrolls are pretty okay - I think the main issue is that people don't feel it fits the narrative of Slaanesh's kids.

I bet, if these were just two daemon princes, the reaction to their rules would be considerably better.

You re probably right, still hoping there s something in the warscroll that make them a bit better than what was leaked so far

Edited by azdimy
  • Like 1

The talon rule is worse than I thought. I thought she just gained extra attack each turn, now its just after she fights, so if shes slow she will likely get turn 2 charge (unless lurid haze which is becoming more and more the only way to play) so by turn 3 she gets +1 attack.... very scary

2 minutes ago, MothmanDraws said:

The talon rule is worse than I thought. I thought she just gained extra attack each turn, now its just after she fights, so if shes slow she will likely get turn 2 charge (unless lurid haze which is becoming more and more the only way to play) so by turn 3 she gets +1 attack.... very scary

If they have more than one melee attack profile the +1 attack could really stack up!  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MothmanDraws said:

I'm pretty sure the leak mentioned run and charge. Assuming at least a 12" move (but would guess 14"), they'll be in there turn 1 if they want to be. Especially if board size is reduced like it was in 40k.

To be honest, if board size is reduced, I think it'll massively help us. The KoS will be easily able to make a first turn charge, Glutos's aura will cover more, and we will rely less on Lurid Haze. In addition, shooting units will be easier to pin down.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm pretty sure the leak mentioned run and charge. Assuming at least a 12" move (but would guess 14"), they'll be in there turn 1 if they want to be. Especially if board size is reduced like it was in 40k.

To be honest, if board size is reduced, I think it'll massively help us. The KoS will be easily able to make a first turn charge, Glutos's aura will cover more, and we will rely less on Lurid Haze. In addition, shooting units will be easier to pin down.

With a board size reduction and change to command points I can see a big switch into godseekers from lurid haze which would be nice. 

Pretenders would also be a lot more viable with the extra command points !

• Like 1

Dexcessa could combo really well with Glutos in the same way that Fiends currently do (and assuming the rumours that modifiers are capped at +/-1 is not true). Sure, they won't survive against concentrated ranged fire, but what does these days? If you can get them into melee combat fast and with Glutos in range, they'll be pretty difficult to stop. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Can you describe?

Nope, that was exactly what I was told with no further detail :( Besides the unique spell might be like Hysterical Frenzy but buffed? They weren't clear but it sounded like it would go off on a 5+ rather than 6+, which is insanely good against hordes. It would nuke them from a mile away if true. 

7 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Nope, that was exactly what I was told with no further detail :( Besides the unique spell might be like Hysterical Frenzy but buffed? They weren't clear but it sounded like it would go off on a 5+ rather than 6+, which is insanely good against hordes. It would nuke them from a mile away if true. 

That would make the model an auto-take, IMO. We already have a ton of stuff good at deleting multi-wound suckers (like Shalaxi or Siggy). A horde stomper too would be fantastic. Give them the Cogs and cast both spells on two different hordes and watch them crumble. 

• Like 1