5kaven5lave

Hi all from first time poster in here but all time lover of rat people although never owned an army.

I was just interested to here what the you guys think the future of skaven looks like in AoS?

With WHFB coming back I thought it would be cool to see skaven and chaos  split off a bit different in AoS and expanding more like Belakors army.

Maybe pestilens and new pestigors with maggotkin mortals and daemons? 

Skyre could be it's own thing but eshinbcoukd be part of a underground chaos faction from the shadows with other elements of StD in there. 

What models would you like to see for each of the main clan to bring them up to date? 

Seeing what they've done with one of their other unique IP in Seraphon and how they've updated classics and gave new ideas makes me really hopeful for Skavens future!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CDM said:

Hi all from first time poster in here but all time lover of rat people although never owned an army.

I was just interested to here what the you guys think the future of skaven looks like in AoS?

With WHFB coming back I thought it would be cool to see skaven and chaos  split off a bit different in AoS and expanding more like Belakors army.

Maybe pestilens and new pestigors with maggotkin mortals and daemons? 

Skyre could be it's own thing but eshinbcoukd be part of a underground chaos faction from the shadows with other elements of StD in there. 

What models would you like to see for each of the main clan to bring them up to date? 

Seeing what they've done with one of their other unique IP in Seraphon and how they've updated classics and gave new ideas makes me really hopeful for Skavens future!

I'd like to see a new Skaven Daemon faction :D of 10 Bravery boys

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CDM said:

I’d like to see all of our models in need of an update update.

(with the exception of clanrats and stormvermins, as I believe that they are fine)

as for the doom flayers.

I would love to see gw go the total war warhammer way and make them into a cavalry base unit so, like rats in death bringing bikes.

a unit of three

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CDM said:

Skaven being more involved in the world/narrative. Currently they just pop out of skavenblight for raids or from other undercities. They feel rather disconnected from the realms they inhabit.

As for updated models ... The obvious ones are dual gutter/night runner kit, rat ogres, and skryre acolytes. A weapons team box would be nice. One that makes any of the ranged weapon teams. (or grinder)

A unit of doom flayers would be interesting. Make them our demigryph equivalent. (obviously not JUST like demis) I could dig it.

Alas, GW has pushed the factions even further away from one another with the StD book. So I don't see a likelihood of any combined books. You already can run a pure skryre army pretty easily, so if they wanted to expand an internal faction, probably not them.

Faction abilities? More customization? Like how beasts of chaos command traits alter the way the army plays? Something to encourage more list variety.

• Like 2

Give verminlords spells how is the warpseer not a grey seer 🤷‍♂️

Make deceiver deal mortals with his weapon like all other eshin units 🤦‍♂️(maybe even run and shoot if im being greedy)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ivo said:

Give verminlords spells how is the warpseer not a grey seer 🤷‍♂️

Make deceiver deal mortals with his weapon like all other eshin units 🤦‍♂️(maybe even run and shoot if im being greedy)

Interesting options.

thanks mate you made my day and you will have given me great addition to my fanmade faq.

l

37 minutes ago, Diemer84 said:

Is there a skaventide discord?

There is.

https://discord.gg/NFcCEPba

although this is probably one of multiple.

It is at least from my understanding ine of the bigger ones as well as one that contains people of pretty much every place on this planet.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

@Skreech Verminking You're FAQ sure looks like fun. You also made me realize that in some cases our reinforcement point problems could be greatly mitigated by doubling the base size. A stroke of the pen would fix that. In reality, with the exception of plague monks, theres not many units boxed that way. Sad. 

Good call on the rat ogres movement, more and more I feel the lack of a proper calvary unit. They work quite well as a mobile anvil if that was the only change. 

Good stuff. Looking forward to your Summer FAQ ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

https://discord.gg/GVkVAKXp
Another major one. My personal favorite.

Sounds interesting.

i’ll happily join, if I’m not already a part of it

so…

do I have to do something to be allowed to write in this forum?

i seem to not be able to do so?

New things that I'd love to see

• Updated spell lores, particularly a new category for Verminlords (available to Unique, looking at you Skreech)
  • Increased minimum size of units, mostly for battleline
  • Better organization of our enhancements, its a jumbled mess in the book. 
  • Skyre Battle Trait, when a model is slain, they explode (would add more fun to doomwheels)
  • Skaven battle trait for foot heroes, most battleline gives weak bodyguard, matching clan grants better version 

Other than the gazillion tweaks to our unit roster and their warscrolls, this seems like a good overview. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

New things that I'd love to see

• Updated spell lores, particularly a new category for Verminlords (available to Unique, looking at you Skreech)
  • Increased minimum size of units, mostly for battleline
  • Better organization of our enhancements, its a jumbled mess in the book. 
  • Skyre Battle Trait, when a model is slain, they explode (would add more fun to doomwheels)
  • Skaven battle trait for foot heroes, most battleline gives weak bodyguard, matching clan grants better version 

Other than the gazillion tweaks to our unit roster and their warscrolls, this seems like a good overview. 

Personally I wouldn’t mind having the chance of just having verminlords take from the spell lore given by the grey seer.

although when I’m talking about the grey seer spell lore I mean like the old one from

the second edition book and not this one.

Is it feasible to run an army with 4 of the Verminlords?  And in what combo would be most effective at say...taking on 4 Bloodthirsters?  Just a silly notion, that I may or may not delve into....I have a Deceiver already.  I think he, with Flaming Weapon and Devious Adversary, could take out Skarbrand with the Masters of Murder trait.

Warbringer is pretty good, seems like Skreech Verminking might be useful though the Warpseer's Dreaded Warpgale would also be good vs big scary Daemons like that.  Corruptor could be good but his attack profile is so swingy.

Verminlords should be battleline if Skreech Verminking is the general!

@Lord Krungharr A very Timmy idea indeed. Unless verminlords have enchancements they don't really pull their weight to be honest. I still highly encourage you to try, just that flaming weapon can't be used all at once. That said Lord Skreech is great as an independent operator who can buff all of the other verminlords so thats usefull. Frankly if you can add Thanquol in there, he pairs amazingly with skreech to put him on +2/+2's for his weapons which is scary. 

The points efficient methods is to run multiple Warpgnaws and a pair of Corruptors who are more reasonable in a vacuum and don't need enhancements. That way you can focus on a souped up Warbringer who can death frenzy your verminlord "chaff".

While the Warpseer's spell is crippling, in such a list it wont at all be reliable since he doesn't natively have any bonuses to cast. You're unlikely making him your general for Master of Magic. 

Those are my thoughts, but I hope you pursue it. 

• Like 1

Hmmm, I forgot about the Warpgnaw.  Is that not a Legend yet?  I'll take a look.  I agree, they need some enhancements to be their best, guess with a Command Entourage I can get 1.  Or if I run 3 big boyz I could then fit 3 smaller GC heroes to get another, and better score a couple battle tactics.  Research time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Hmmm, I forgot about the Warpgnaw.  Is that not a Legend yet?  I'll take a look.  I agree, they need some enhancements to be their best, guess with a Command Entourage I can get 1.  Or if I run 3 big boyz I could then fit 3 smaller GC heroes to get another, and better score a couple battle tactics.  Research time!

Funnily enough he reallu isn’t a legend unit yet.

I found him in the Monstrous Arcanum.  Pretty cheap for a Verminlord, can do some damage if he's at full health.  I like that spell; seems like an amazing way to force a battleshock test and break coherency on a unit by not charging it (cuz then they could pile-in to fill the gap), just wish the Bravery debuff worked within 13" too!  I'm always wary of Forgeworld units though, usually destined for oblivion.  But if I find one for a reasonable price would be good for some variety.

I'm thinking the Deceiver (devious adversary, flaming weapon, shadow magnet trinket?), Warbringer, Skreech Verminking, 3 Deathmasters, and 3x5 Gutter Runners, plus Vermintide.  They could all be hitting on 2s/2s, and all attacking upon dying if need be, pretty awesome IMHO.  Gutter Runners could try take out little things with the Deathmasters.  

@Lord Krungharr I'm assuming you still want command entourage/warlord which is why you want 6 heroes? If thats the intent, I'd diversify a bit. Swapping a single deathmaster for a grey seer or warlock bombadier would help make use of our spell lores that you're missing out on while maintaining the empowered Eshin battletrait. 

If you don't need that many heroes, a few units of clanrats could easily slide in to prevent alpha strikes at minumum, increase your wound count and later grab points from peeps. Alternatively, to stay on eshin theme, night runners are highly recommended against shooting lists that drop down on top of you. The pre-game move helps mitigate where they can deep-strike and effect your very high cost/valuable verminlords. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I wanted an extra artefact.  Good point though, a Bombadier would be fun!  I sold off my Night Runners...to pay for some the Deathmasters 🤑

I haven't ever looked at Grey Seers, that would be some extra spell lore to explore.  I'll tinker and experiment.  Clanrats are in the future for sure.  I want to find a preassembled and properly based bunch of 60 though, as I reaaaaally don't want to assemble a horde again!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Yeah, I wanted an extra artefact.  Good point though, a Bombadier would be fun!  I sold off my Night Runners...to pay for some the Deathmasters 🤑

I haven't ever looked at Grey Seers, that would be some extra spell lore to explore.  I'll tinker and experiment.  Clanrats are in the future for sure.  I want to find a preassembled and properly based bunch of 60 though, as I reaaaaally don't want to assemble a horde again!

Don’t worry mate.

The grey seers din’t really have too many spells to cast.

its either deahtfrenzy or skitterleap

so not much you would have to look into😂