5kaven5lave

1 hour ago, Cosmicsheep said:

Thanks, so if my first 2 drops were the warp-grinders and the 3rd drop was the batallion, i could place my 2 stormvermin units (and WFT) off the board with the grinders?

Yes, that would be correct. Even if you don't outdrop he can't kill the stuff off the board anyway, so they can just as easily drop down in the bottom of turn 1 and flame everything. Let us know how it goes!

Another synergy to think about: Clawlord's plus 1 to attacks CA + Plague Priest with generic prayer Curse + spear clanrats/ stormvermin/ anything with lots of attacks. (Sorry for the poor quality screen shot, didn't feel like typing it out)

Screenshot_20210624-135739.jpg

Edited by Verminlord
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Verminlord said:

Another synergy to think about: Clawlord's plus 1 to attacks CA + Plague Priest with generic prayer Curse + spear clanrats/ stormvermin/ anything with lots of attacks. (Sorry for the poor quality screen shot, didn't feel like typing it out)

Nice catch. That would be really useful against the improved saves of 3.0. The range is very limiting and its a 50-50 shot, but it def makes clanrats pack a punch. Also really nice on plaguemonks since they dish out a ton of attacks and you probably take a priest or two anyway.

10 minutes ago, umpac said:

Nice catch. That would be really useful against the improved saves of 3.0. The range is very limiting and its a 50-50 shot, but it def makes clanrats pack a punch. Also really nice on plaguemonks since they dish out a ton of attacks and you probably take a priest or two anyway.

The short range makes me think it's better on a big blob of screening spear clanrats because they can actually take a hit and then the priest will be in range when your turn comes around. Alternatively you could have a thin sacrificial screen with stormvermin or monks behind for the classic skaven counter charge.

Edited by Verminlord

How are people feeling about rat ogres in the new edition? In second edition I’ve been running a mixed Verminus / Skryre list but the recent Moulder buffs have me thinking it might be time to switch things up. (Good chance to break out some old pewter models I have kicking around, too!)

My first thought is to use two units of four paired with a Master Moulder — two separate units increases the chance for them to respawn, plus a little more flexibility. Anyone have any thoughts on / successes with these guys?

Edited by eliminatorjr

@eliminatorjrI'm glad you asked. The mutation for +2 wound and 4+ save single-handedly makes them bonkers. This particular mutation takes the most advantage of the new core rules since they now count as multiple models each going past the 5 wound threshold, they have a min size 2, making them super easy to reinforce without worrying about unit coherency (easy for newer players) and finally they dodged (relative) point increases and thus a great buy. They take buffs like a champ: +1 attacks with Skavenbrew artifact, packmasters or vigordust injector artifact give the +1 hit or Moulder's rabid Crown re-rolls wounds. Mix and match at your leisure. And cherry-on-top, they have exploding hits built-in. 

Not to mention, the other mutations are just super-neat, allowing you to have multiple packs with different roles on the table. Stonks.

IMG_0028.JPG

• Thanks 2

I would echo what @Riff_Raff_Rascaljust said. I played a game vs OBR a couple of weeks ago with 2 units of rat ogors. The +2 wounds 4+ save significantly outperformed the 6 attacks buff. I always take a master moulder for +1 to hit and respawn, and generally take the rapid crown when I can. They also work very well in multiple small units. Technically the master moulder can buff more than 1 unit, and gives you more chances to respawn 😁 They are going to be a staple of my new armies in 3.0 and can’t wait to try them with All Out Defense / Rally / Bless etc..

4 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

I would echo what @Riff_Raff_Rascaljust said. I played a game vs OBR a couple of weeks ago with 2 units of rat ogors. The +2 wounds 4+ save significantly outperformed the 6 attacks buff. I always take a master moulder for +1 to hit and respawn, and generally take the rapid crown when I can. They also work very well in multiple small units. Technically the master moulder can buff more than 1 unit, and gives you more chances to respawn 😁 They are going to be a staple of my new armies in 3.0 and can’t wait to try them with All Out Defense / Rally / Bless etc..

Yeah, ratogors, really became amazing with the new broken realms addition.

with the almost not existing points increases, they’ll very

likely be our newish melee hammers in the army, or just plainly hard to kill,

especially with all out defense or mystic shield on them 

I am tempted to play them, but the fact that the toughened sinews is restricted to one unit coupled with the MSU of 2 puts me off somewhat, since you can only reinforce them once. I'd like a 6 or even 8-model unit of Rat Ogors, but that's not possible under the new ruleset. 4 models is still good, 24 wounds at 4+ with decent melee prowess for 190 points is certainly okay. Though I guess 6 models would have the problem of coherency ****** with delivering melee attacks.

No matter what, this is at least one of our precious reinforcement slots to be impactful.

1 hour ago, shalvan said:

I am tempted to play them, but the fact that the toughened sinews is restricted to one unit coupled with the MSU of 2 puts me off somewhat, since you can only reinforce them once. I'd like a 6 or even 8-model unit of Rat Ogors, but that's not possible under the new ruleset. 4 models is still good, 24 wounds at 4+ with decent melee prowess for 190 points is certainly okay. Though I guess 6 models would have the problem of coherency ****** with delivering melee attacks.

No matter what, this is at least one of our precious reinforcement slots to be impactful.

You can reinforce rat ogors to 6 in Moulder. I honestly believe Moulder may have legs this edition. Idk if you have looked at the new battleplans and battle tactics, but doing nearly anything with monsters is getting you extra VP.

Edited by Verminlord

7 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

You can reinforce rat ogors to 6 in Moulder. I honestly believe Moulder may have legs this edition. Idk if you have looked at the new battleplans and battle tactics, but doing nearly anything with monsters is getting you extra VP.

I know you can. But I don't want to play straight Moulder xD I prefer Izzet over Simic, ;) if you know any Magic lore.

• Like 1

Hey all — looking for some feedback on a mixed Skryre / Verminus list. Going to be getting my first third edition game in soon. 

Grey Seer w Bell 265

Warlock Bombardier 125

Warlock Bombardier 125

40 Clanrats 260

20 Clanrats 130

30 Stormvermin 330

Doomwheel 165

Warp Lightning Cannon 185 

6 Jezzails 290

Feeling good about the list overall — decent number of bodies and a few solid threats. My main question is what to do with the remaining 125 points. On hand and painted I have a claw lord, a plague priest, the vermintide spell and a mix of weapon teams (ratlings and warpfires). Thoughts?

Edited by eliminatorjr

@eliminatorjr

The Plague Priest is a good option to fill out your roster. With the new universal prayers he can give a unit a 6+ ward. 

A warpfire thrower would be great too with the new rules on hidden weapon teams. 

Other than that it looks like a fairly solid list and with the right battalion could give you a free Unleash Hell

• Thanks 1

This is an alpha strike hidden weapon team list. Hidden weapon teams RAW do not count as drops because they aren't "set up." That means you can bring tons of them and still fit into a one drop Battle Regiment.

Spoiler

Battle Regiment:
Warpseer                               335
     -Flaming Weapon
Arch Warlock                         175
     -General: Overseer of Destruction
     -Amulet of Destiny (5+ ward)
     -More-more Warp Power
Grey Seer                               140
     -Skitterleap
Clanrats x60                          390
Clanrats x20                          130
Clanrats x20                          130
Warpgrinder                           75
Warpfire Thrower                   70
————————-
Ratling Gun                             65
Gutter Runners x5                  65
Warp-lightning Vortex            90
Emerald Lifeswarm                 60
                                     Total: 1995

In most cases all 6 teams go into the blob of 60 clanrats deepstriking with a warpgrinder. I then drop them in a line 9" away from the opponents whole army. 25mm bases are less than an inch, so you can line them up base to base and stay coherent. Weapon teams come out 3" from your clanrats so they will all be within 6" to melt-melt or shoot-shoot your opponent.

Warpseer pops his Battleshock ignore CA every turn and makes sure he stays in wholly within 26" of the blob. Can also rally and cast Lifeswarm to keep reviving fearless Clanrats.

Grey Seer Skitterleaps the Warlock where ever the Ratling Guns are coming out to give them reroll hits from Overseer of Destruction and +1 damage to one. Arch Warlock uses a spark to reroll casting for Warp-Lightning Vortex.

I put one warpfire thrower in the battalion so that I can put it on the board unhidden with a unit of 20 clanrats for Unleash Hell if the opponent has deepstrike. Can drop a second warpfire thrower with the second clanrat blob at the cost of going up to 2 drops if needed. Gutter Runners are there to help with battle tactic and just be distracting while not counting as a drop.

Edited by Verminlord
  • Like 1

Hey guys, I played some other games this last evening. New rules are great, I'm really liking this kind of play (maybe is justan impression because are new😂). 

Some consideration from games, made 2 game Vs ossiarch and 1 more Vs slaves. I played with Warpseer, Grey seer, Arch, Stormfiends, clanrats 60 20 20 and 1 warpfire (have only one at the moment😭

So 1 game Vs 2 catapult, and stormfiend looked fine this game but nothing incredible. The other game was VS nagash, katakros and 4 mortek guard units and i won also this game thanks to missions, but the game felt really bad. Was like playing 2000 VS 600 points since his nagash stopped 100% of my spell for 5 turns and I never got a chance to kill him, I dealed like 10 wounds but the next turn was again full health (seeing that I think soulblight with summoning are really nuts). Basically this game was Clanrats VS his army, my other stuff did nothing and Stormfiends in this match revealed their big problem dealing pretty much no damadge. 

Warpfire Thrower best piece all my first 5 games in the new edition 😎 Against nagash for example he canceled 2 units of mortek completely alone before explode 😁 

I have to say this game VS nagash felt really bad, there was not a single turn where I thought I could have done something, but playing for objectives and applying the typical rats strategy (RETREAT and Teleport) I got this. Really I like to underscore that, those games where really a lot strategic, more on positioning and getting control of board than dealing damadge. I mean if in the game we are able to deal our typically skaven damadge we obliterate people, but this rules give us also a great board control. For example happened all games that I charged only with verminlord for move again in combat. 

Last game I choosed to switch my skavenbrew with snotgrouvel robes, so Warpseer became a Verminking just for try, and holy also Verminking looked great. All his abilities where good, summoning rats was something really relevant in the game I played it, I basically won thanks to 13 spell stealing a lot of objectives during turns with random rats that he ignored cause he needed first to deal with Stormfiends (he played slaves). 

I good point about Stormfiends, are really hard to kill for people. Save 3+ thanks to CA is something great and they basically are ever sorrounded by walls of rats and also another thing that was really strong i  games I played was to force the opponent to deal with gnawhole. Since I set up my fiends near one and thanks the smallest table the other 2 gnawhole (that typically I place near opponent deployment) couldn't be ignored and forced every game the slaves guy or ossiarch to place a unit there and keep it there. I felt like this kind of outplay (if we want to call like that) is not possible without Stormfiends. 

Now I'm going absolutely to try more Verminking😁

Edited by Yes-yes warpstone
  • Like 1

So next list I think to try.

Warpseer

2 bombardier

2 cannons

1 hell pit abomination

2 warpfire thrower

Clanrats 40 20 20

Emerald lifeswam

1915 pts. 

So 1 bombardier and cannons in artillery battalion. Now I could ad 1 plague priest that is not so useful in this list but would unlock me the battalion +1 enchantment +1 cp. 

Another change I was thinking about was to downgrade 2 units of 20 clanrats at 10 stormvermin, bring to 60 clanrats the third battleline and play Verminking instead of Warpseer so the list will be 2000 pts. One thing about this option is that inspiring presence is probably enough for not take battleshock with the 60 clanrats unit and let stormvermin run away if they survive (I don't think they never survive).

About artefact i think to place skavenbrew for give Clanrats a chance to deal at least some damadge and the command trait still to choose. 

Another thing is about screening bell, i think right now is good since MW spam is even better this edition. 

Any other ideas? 

On 6/26/2021 at 12:18 AM, eliminatorjr said:

Hey all — looking for some feedback on a mixed Skryre / Verminus list. Going to be getting my first third edition game in soon. 

Grey Seer w Bell 265

Warlock Bombardier 125

Warlock Bombardier 125

40 Clanrats 260

20 Clanrats 130

30 Stormvermin 330

Doomwheel 165

Warp Lightning Cannon 185 

6 Jezzails 290

Feeling good about the list overall — decent number of bodies and a few solid threats. My main question is what to do with the remaining 125 points. On hand and painted I have a claw lord, a plague priest, the vermintide spell and a mix of weapon teams (ratlings and warpfires). Thoughts?

As has already been mentioned the new prayer curse is amazing for skaven. Priest curses a unit and hits of 6+ against it do a mw in addition. Warpfire hidden in clan rats is pretty much essential now. 

8 hours ago, DocKeule said:

Only against hordes. Other than that they are even less effective now that smaller units will be more common.

Smaller units might be more common but there are plenty of 20-30 man squads still around to light on fire. Even against 10-man units the WFT still slaps. It's really only against single targets they really fall flat. Plenty of targets in every list except a few select exceptions.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Yes-yes warpstone said:

Now I'm going absolutely to try more Verminking😁

I'm curious, other than the new monster//hero abilities, was Verminking fun to play? I've always thought his spell was the reason to take him but nigh impossible to get it to cast. My experience with him is he's the master of none. I never took him for his attack profile and he's still relatively squishy. The most work I've gotten outta him is his command ability as an alternate clanrat/stormvermin booster with his CA, or, because of the way its worded, as a rattling gun buff in a skryre list. 

Personally, my triple Screaming Bell list is now super fun to play. I'll summon him every time because now he can do more stuff, but I still need some convincing to put him in a list. 

8 hours ago, PUFNSTUF said:

So what are people's thoughts on stormfiends as battleline in skyre lists in the new edition? Some acolytes in smaller or larger squads?

They need support and they kick butt. Don't take three small squads, it's bad for buff efficiency. My impression is that it's a very large opportunity cost to run them as a hammer. I put together a list with 9 Stormfiends, basically what you're left with is some MSU acolytes to fill the battlelines, then heroes to support the fiends. The thing is your need to protect them but you can't really screen and you don't get to use hidden weapon teams.

1 hour ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

I'm curious, other than the new monster//hero abilities, was Verminking fun to play? I've always thought his spell was the reason to take him but nigh impossible to get it to cast. My experience with him is he's the master of none. I never took him for his attack profile and he's still relatively squishy. The most work I've gotten outta him is his command ability as an alternate clanrat/stormvermin booster with his CA, or, because of the way its worded, as a rattling gun buff in a skryre list. 

Personally, my triple Screaming Bell list is now super fun to play. I'll summon him every time because now he can do more stuff, but I still need some convincing to put him in a list. 

Fun to play? Yes a lot, transforming into rats is ever beautiful!

I found him good like warpseer. I mean CP generated from Warpseer is good, but I found the king better in combat (rend - 3, eventually +1 to hit and with the spell +1 dmg eventually), then if you play a skitterleap is great since can be teleported near a gnawhole, run 13 spell and movement phase return behind his wall of rats 😁

I hope GW will give us back the 13 spell, other armies spend CP and summon units, pls give us back one of our most special magic 😍

• Like 1

I'm expecting the Skaven article to drop on Warhammer Community today.... not expecting much from the article having read all the other factions. I'm guessing there'll be mention of Unleash Hell for the WLC and a reminder of Monstrous Abilities for the Verminlords.

I've been a bit dissappointed by the previous factions articles, but you never know :D

• Like 1