5kaven5lave

7 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

No they really haven’t.

depending, if stormvermins, plague monks and giant rats will be available in min. size units of 20, this edition might be exceptionally fantastic for them.

the only sad part is, that mystic shield and all out defence, will never be a workable buff for our clanrats and Stormvermins

How come? It still works with rend I think. Meaning IF you do mystic shield, all out defense, something that attacks you with -3 rend will get you the normal save.
If they have -1 rend, the 2 other saves wont help. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Also a faq may happen regarding the shields.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah, he really could put out a lot of damage.

I might have to try some stuff out.

I’m just a bit sad that our clawlords, currently aren’t able to take any mighty warlord traits because of the new rule limitations.

hopefully, this will be faqed

I don't think this is the case. Specific rules override general rules. The Verminus Battle Trait says you can take more than one command trait, so you can despite the core rule. There is no clause like for the hit, wound and save rolls in the new Core Rules.

10 hours ago, Darkhan said:

How come? It still works with rend I think. Meaning IF you do mystic shield, all out defense, something that attacks you with -3 rend will get you the normal save.
If they have -1 rend, the 2 other saves wont help. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Also a faq may happen regarding the shields.

Rule 13.3 states that the save roll cannot be modified by more than 1

_20210615_091701.JPG

So does this mean our clanrats and stormvermin clan shield ability cannot be modified further? Even by cover? This makes the 3+ armour save of other armies that much better 

Edited by Cosmicsheep

1 hour ago, Cosmicsheep said:

_20210615_091701.JPG

So does this mean our clanrats and stormvermin clan shield ability cannot be modified further? Even by cover? This makes the 3+ armour save of other armies that much better 

I thought the same thing, after reading the rules, yet I’m not certain

3 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

_20210615_091701.JPG

There is a clause that explains it. So you cannot stack positive modifiers easily, but you can stack bonuses to save against high rend as long as you don't exceed the rend and other negative modifiers by more than one.

IMG_20210615_135340.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

As @shalvan wrote we would still be getting that bonus against all rend-attacks.

Also I think this might be FAQed so the wording changes to a higher base-save when the unit has shields and more than ten models instead of a +1.

• LOVE IT! 1

Something I just caught in the core rules: "each model with 5 or more wounds count as 2 models" for contesting objectives.

This with the new rat ogor moulder mutation is shaping rat ogors up to be a very strong anvil for contesting objectives. The mutation brings each rat ogor up to 6 wounds and their save charateristic up to 4. With mystic shield or the +1 to save charge reaction they are impressively solid as far as skaven units go. Lots of options to buff their decent damage output as well, and a master moulder or packmaster unit will double their bravery.

rogors.PNG

• LOVE IT! 2

Just now, Cosmicsheep said:

Do you have details? I’m going to watch it back in the morning 

Stormfiends 315 for 3x

stormvermin. Start unit 10x, same with plague monks.

clanrats 130p, but can take in 20, so 60max. Almost everything got point increase. Thanquol 410.

doomwheel 160-165 cant remember.

no more 9 jezzails.

Bell of doom 80p

WLV 90 I think?

rat swarm endless spell 85 I think it was. 
bell of doom 265 I think. All on top of my head. Better double check😂

acolytes, start unit 5x

• Like 1

Dissapointed that minimums were barely touched and that youre not allowed to take understrength units even if you overpay. Wanted to run Ogors in 5s.

Giant rats with no save and negligible damage that can no longer benefit from allegiance + to hit/wound reduced to min 6? Did they think being able to spread 5 out 1" would be too op. 😂 No points change on them at least🙄

IMG_20210617_165304__01.jpg

Edited by Verminlord
Pic for scale

8 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

Giant rats with no save and negligible damage that can no longer benefit from allegiance + to hit/wound reduced to min 6?

Their warscoll now makes no sense. Having a range of 2" or 3" is impossible because they max out at 18 per unit. Wtf!? 

As someone who runs Giant Rats in my Moulder force purely as screens and objective grabbers, I'm pretty happy currently with 6 man Giant Rats!

I've gone from 5 units of 10, to 8 units of 6. In my mind that will make them better at blocking charges from my Ogors, and then still have some units left to go back and hold home objectives.

Can't wait to give them a go!

1 minute ago, Ahriman said:

As someone who runs Giant Rats in my Moulder force purely as screens and objective grabbers, I'm pretty happy currently with 6 man Giant Rats!

I've gone from 5 units of 10, to 8 units of 6. In my mind that will make them better at blocking charges from my Ogors, and then still have some units left to go back and hold home objectives.

Can't wait to give them a go!

I love running pure moulder too. All they've ever been good for is screening / bodies on an objective, but If GW wanted to break their warscroll in order to support that use, why not 5 min? See my last post for the length difference. It's not the end of the world or anything; I think skaven got away pretty well off with their changes. Some of them are just leaving me scratching my head.

When I run them, I will be arcane bolting as many min size giant rat units as I can to get them to 5.

7 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

I love running pure moulder too. All they've ever been good for is screening / bodies on an objective, but If GW wanted to break their warscroll in order to support that use, why not 5 min? See my last post for the length difference. It's not the end of the world or anything; I think skaven got away pretty well off with their changes. Some of them are just leaving me scratching my head.

When I run them, I will be arcane bolting as many min size giant rat units as I can to get them to 5.

I completely blanked on that meaning they're 1 model away from the more lenient coherency rules, yeah that is a tad annoying!