5kaven5lave

3 hours ago, Verminlord said:

The regeneration CA is going to help keep our hordes alive.

3 hours ago, Verminlord said:

That Rally rule, it’s got to be since the last previous turn - there’s no way we could take a unit of 40 Clanrats and keep bringing 1/6 dead rats back at the top of every turn - but that would be awesome.  

E.g. You just took 32 wounds, made you bravery because your next to the Bell… Rols 32d6 - gets back 6 Rats - minimum 10 rats within 6” of the Bell - back in the game baby!  That went from a stranded Bell to still operating.

2FA8696C-F81C-49EB-BFEB-4CDE5098407B.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Warp-fire thrower weapon team, will be devilish against any kind of horde, with this new command.

They will have to be in the open then wont they? So the enemy can shot them away or spells before they charge.

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

That Rally rule, it’s got to be since the last previous turn - there’s no way we could take a unit of 40 Clanrats and keep bringing 1/6 dead rats back at the top of every turn - but that would be awesome.  

E.g. You just took 32 wounds, made you bravery because your next to the Bell… Rols 32d6 - gets back 6 Rats - minimum 10 rats within 6” of the Bell - back in the game baby!  That went from a stranded Bell to still operating.

2FA8696C-F81C-49EB-BFEB-4CDE5098407B.jpeg

Even better, imagine using it on a 6x stormfiends unit with 1x left, be lucky and roll 3 6s;p

• LOVE IT! 1

21 hours ago, Darkhan said:

They will have to be in the open then wont they? So the enemy can shot them away or spells before they charge.

It is a weapon team so we could hide them in a unit of clanrats or stormvermin and release them in the shooting phase.

1 hour ago, DocKeule said:

It is a weapon team so we could hide them in a unit of clanrats or stormvermin and release them in the shooting phase.

Yeah, sadly they can only be released in our shooting phase.

So not much of a chance to protect them till then, although this will be a pretty great strategy against any non shooting armies, or against those that really don’t want to use on of their shooting attacks against a three wound model, like for example those crawler catapults from the new death-things.

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

That does sound awful in another way.

So do we have to fear-fear that clanrats will loose their horde bonus? (I very likely won’t care if they went down to 100points in total.)

Dropping to 100pts would seem sensible. I suspect this is why the Stormvermin lost their horde bonus. GW knew what was coming.

10 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

I would love to see them drop the minimum size to 10 as well. A lot of smaller units could much easier shield a lot of ground that few bigger ones.

And yes I expect the horde bonus to be gone completely.

Clanrats in units of 10 would mean a max unit size of 30 (if battleline can only reinforce twice) whereas units of 20 mean that we would be able to take units of 60 😍

Stormvermin would be limited to a max unit of 30 however ☹️and Plague Monks in units of 20 🤢

Edited by Cosmicsheep

58 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

I would love to see them drop the minimum size to 10 as well. A lot of smaller units could much easier shield a lot of ground that few bigger ones.

And yes I expect the horde bonus to be gone completely.

I’m hoping not.

Or it will be extremely hard to have a unit of 40clanrats, when the rumours are true 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DocKeule said:

Unless you field a full pestilens army with monks as battleline.

The +1 to hit and wound will not come up that often any more. We will se if we get any changes in the buffs with a new book (which I don't expect to come out before 2022).

Well that depends, how the unit size of clanrats are going to be handled, and if a unit that already has a min. size of 20 already counts as a single reinforcement (because that would just kill any army, that only has units with 20 models as a min. Size for battleline)

• Like 1

I think smaller min-units would help us more because we could put up more (but smaller) defense lines. 

All of them would only survive one blow but there would be more lines between out damage dealers and the enemy then we have now.

Like: The enemy charges and would destroy the first one or two squads of 10. Right now a block of 40 would probably be lost to the first impact and attacks. We would not even care about battleshock any more.

And shielding against deep striking would become that much easier as well. 

Does that mean 4 max in total? As in you can only beef up 4 units in a 2k list? Or does that mean every unit in a list can be increased up to 4 times?

If its 4 max period then your not increasing your clan rats sizes at all due to needing the reinforcement slots for other units.

Ok, just a question- Which would you prefer?  Other things being equal in you list - 

6 Units of 20 Clanrats or

3 Units of 40 Clanrats?

Also 

1 Unit of 40 Plague Monks or

4 Units of 10 Plague Monks 

(Note - this means x4 Bringers of the Word)

17 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Ok, just a question- Which would you prefer?  Other things being equal in you list - 

6 Units of 20 Clanrats or

3 Units of 40 Clanrats?

Also 

1 Unit of 40 Plague Monks or

4 Units of 10 Plague Monks 

(Note - this means x4 Bringers of the Word)

Also mean you cant beef up other things like Stormfiends or Jezzails since your sinking all your reinforcements into clanrats so probably unit spamming might be coming

7 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Also mean you cant beef up other things like Stormfiends or Jezzails since your sinking all your reinforcements into clanrats so probably unit spamming might be coming

Hopefully we see some min sizes go up to compensate and hopefully horde factions will get some rules/exceptions that interact with reinforcement points in their allegiance abilities

Edited by Verminlord
Misread/correction