AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

Hi All,

Recently got given a Skragrott the Loonking as part of a secret santa. This brings my Gitz models to:

Skragrott
Troggoth Hag
Boss on Squig
Shaman
Shaman on Arachnarok

I'm really interested in building a gitz force now. Can anyone suggest a viable route to go down? is there a decent magic list I have the makings of?

I know the spider lads are their own force thematically so not fussed if i cant use  everything in one list - i just dont want to buy and paint 80 stabbas to find out i shouldve been going squigs the whole time!

- Grugg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grugg said:

Hi All,

Recently got given a Skragrott the Loonking as part of a secret santa. This brings my Gitz models to:

Skragrott
Troggoth Hag
Boss on Squig
Shaman
Shaman on Arachnarok

I'm really interested in building a gitz force now. Can anyone suggest a viable route to go down? is there a decent magic list I have the makings of?

I know the spider lads are their own force thematically so not fussed if i cant use  everything in one list - i just dont want to buy and paint 80 stabbas to find out i shouldve been going squigs the whole time!

- Grugg

Ooh yeah, that's a good magical force to start with, but I agree, just wait a month or two and you'll have the answers with the new tome.  If you can find the endless spells though, definitely get those!

• 5 weeks later...

So nice when the app gets updated and useable!

I'm strongly forseeing the Marshcrawla to lose the benefit it has for all friendly units, and being FAQd to only work on Orruk Warclans (similar to what happened with Blade of Khorne units no longer benefitting StD units).  Anybody else feel that impending vibe?  I like the Mirebrute too, but mainly cuz he looks cool and is also a Troggoth.  GW seems to be aiming for less allies in general. 

For usefulness with Troggoths, almost seems like just Orruk Brutes would be good allies to deny objectives to 1 wound models (and general crumpin').  Coupled w Drenched in Vomit, that could be nasty.

I think with the glowup the marshcrawla is much less appealing, they probably won't bother to change the scroll until a new warclans book either as gitz are the only army with access to it as an ally anyways.

The +1 to hit aura is still good, but there are so many other good support pieces in gitz now that you might struggle to find the points to fit it in, plus its a bit of a nonbo with the troggboss and loonboss all out attack buffs.

A heavy squig herd build probably loves it though.

8 hours ago, Malakithe said:

I want to go heavy on squigs but not take the marshcrawler for future proofing. Not sure what support guys are good now

Herds can't receive commands, but theres a lot less keyword bingo.

Gobbapalooza can give +1 rend, sporesplattas can give +1 attack, snufflers can give a 5+ ward, then the squigboss only works on squig units but can give mortals on 6s to hit, +1 attack, or +3 move, plus he can let a squig herd do a hero phase move once per game. None of those are commands either so it works on your herds.

Then to top it off whenever the loonboss on foot issues all out attack to a moonclan unit (including squigs, but herds can't receive commands) the unit deals mortals on 6s to wound.

So plenty of options for buffs depending on how you want to play.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

Herds can't receive commands, but theres a lot less keyword bingo.

Gobbapalooza can give +1 rend, sporesplattas can give +1 attack, snufflers can give a 5+ ward, then the squigboss only works on squig units but can give mortals on 6s to hit, +1 attack, or +3 move, plus he can let a squig herd do a hero phase move once per game. None of those are commands either so it works on your herds.

Then to top it off whenever the loonboss on foot issues all out attack to a moonclan unit (including squigs, but herds can't receive commands) the unit deals mortals on 6s to wound.

So plenty of options for buffs depending on how you want to play.

Thats a lot of potential buffs. Im wondering if those would be better on Boingrots instead though. My main plan is to have herds but ill need some hammers as well. I guess herds can be somewhat hammers too. A unit of Boings maybe a Mangler and definitely a unit of Rockguts as a hybrid anvil/hammer. 

26 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Thats a lot of potential buffs. Im wondering if those would be better on Boingrots instead though. My main plan is to have herds but ill need some hammers as well. I guess herds can be somewhat hammers too. A unit of Boings maybe a Mangler and definitely a unit of Rockguts as a hybrid anvil/hammer. 

The hardest part about the new book is figuring out what to play, its all good (except spiderfang).

Big units of hoppers can abuse 4+ rally while being fast

Big units of boingrots can do the same but have less wounds on a 4+ save and a more elite attack profile with reach on the spears but you really want to be charging with them

Squigs have tons of wounds and attacks without reach issues(25mm bases), and splash mortals when they flee (9" range on it now!)

They all seem really playable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find something a little odd here. Bounders and hoppers have two wounds and snarlfang have two wounds. I understand this as its a rider and a creature. Fangs could be three with those big beautiful pups imo but thats just me. Then you have the little squig herd. Its one model on a 25mm with two wounds!! It just seems odd to me. 

6 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I find something a little odd here. Bounders and hoppers have two wounds and snarlfang have two wounds. I understand this as its a rider and a creature. Fangs could be three with those big beautiful pups imo but thats just me. Then you have the little squig herd. Its one model on a 25mm with two wounds!! It just seems odd to me. 

Rippas have 3 wounds. I struggle with the point cost though.

Edited by Gitzdee

Thinking that 2 Troggbosses are actually better than 1 boss and 1 Dankhold.  That lets one take the skullspeaker fetish and the other can take a glowy howzit.  Then if 1 bites it at least the other is still around to issue the fancy bonus AoA.  Then I'm wondering what to do with my spare 150 points; a Gobbapalooza?  Here's my collection:

Dankboss

Dankboss

2 Fungoid Shaman

Skragrott

2x6 Rockguts

2x3 Fellwaters

Marshcrawla.

I still like the idea of some allied Brutes.  They're killy and can deny objectives to 1 wound models, so at least I'd be okay.  But Gobbapalooza can do some fun things, and are actually a bit more durable than I expected.

Alright my little green maniac generals, I've got an idea for some custom fellwaters as the new rules are just too killer to pass up. Ive narrowed it down to two kits for a base. I want to stay in the geedubs line so no suggestions outside that. ive already got a unit i ordered from etsy. Amazing designs but not legal. 

Whats your opinion on these two mock ups? 

The first idea uses FEC crypt horrors. I like this one just fine BUT just a teensy weensy too small. However they do come in a three pack already, they have three or more poses, and it would be minimal sculpting.Screenshot_20230210-090557_Gallery.jpg.fac83d5a6f1bf141652608985634642b.jpg

The second idea uses the SBGL vargskyr kit. I like this one too! It is however only a single model, more expensive to gather a full unit, single pose but not that difficult to play with as far as repositioning the arms, legs, etc. Also more rockgut size so bonus to intimidation factor. 

Screenshot_20230210-090620_Gallery.jpg.efd7742e1347e8853d667bb0cdec4183.jpg

Again these are just mock ups so far. 

And can I get a moment of silence for a sloggoth I hacked up to try out and realized it would be way too much custom sculpting. ☠😔

Hoping to pick your shroom addled brains on this. 

Edited by Vasshpit

@Warboss Gorbolg 

I just cant do them. Toyed with the idea of customizing them to my liking even but just can't. I like what they tried to convey with their design but its just too comical for me. 

Im also a sucker for anatomy and they're just a little too off. Rockguts have a similar comical design but it's done very well. 

Its all subjective. Kruleboyz troggs ruined me. Heh. To see trogg design given more realism and expect to go back... just cant. 

I'm definitely leaning into the vargskyr desin.