Who would win in a straight up fight? Khorne or Nagash?

Ravinsild

Nagash vs Tzeetch would be an interesting match up.

Both are arch manipulators, but I get the impression that Nagash is the more patient of the two. Tzeetch is always distracted by the next game, the next scheme, and the next gambit.

Once Nagash sets his mind to something he works at it slowly and steadily until it is done.

I could see Tzeetch quickly outplaying Nagash, beating him solidly, and laughing at the impudence of an ascended mortal to challenge him in a battle of tricks and magic. Then going off and doing something else for a few millennia, before suddenly looking up to discover that as far as Nagash was concerned the battle never ended, and the whole time Tzeentch thought he'd won, the great necromancer was still working against him.

Not that I think that Tzeetch would be annoyed to realise that he'd been outwaited. Its just another trick after all...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Do you think he can really beat Sigmar

If the Skaven would just stay the heck out of things, Nagash would beat Sigmar. 

Both are mortal men who got a boost, but Nagash has taken things to another level, whereas Sigmar just has friends and tech.

Don't get me wrong, Sigmar is da bomb, and I've always been annoyed by Nagash as the enemy of the Tomb Kings, but if I'm being objective, Nagash is just more powerful.

Against Khorne? No contest. The actual god wins hands down.

Most of what I felt on the matter has been said, a man turned god can't hope to beat a primordial entity that gets power from the actions of beings in a 1 v 1.  I'll be honest I'm a bit confused on the "power level" of Nagash though.  He's a god like Sigmar, yet he can be taken down by a lucky horde of clanrats in game.  I think he suffers the greatest disconnect between lore and in game ability.  ( anyone with a greater lore knowlege of Nagash feel free to correct me) I still really like him as a character, even being a huge chaos fan myself.

My understanding is that the models of gods which you can deploy in the game  are war forms. Basically they are an Avatar which the god manifests to do battle with mortals. I think, although i'm not certain, that they work in much the same way that Greater Daemons are manifestations of the Chaos Gods given form and autonomy. The difference being that a Chaos God can maintain numerous greater daemons, but an ascended god can only have one avatar on the field of war at the time.

22 minutes ago, Bosmer Nightblade said:

Khorne is basically immune to magic, and nothing Nagash could summon to fight khorne would be enough to match him.

Then again, Nagash is a massive Mary Sue for gw, so who knows

Mary Sue’s don’t lose. Mary Sue’s also don’t have any flaws. 

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

My understanding is that the models of gods which you can deploy in the game  are war forms. Basically they are an Avatar which the god manifests to do battle with mortals. I think, although i'm not certain, that they work in much the same way that Greater Daemons are manifestations of the Chaos Gods given form and autonomy. The difference being that a Chaos God can maintain numerous greater daemons, but an ascended god can only have one avatar on the field of war at the time.

That would be a good way to explain it ... If that's what GW put in the rules and background. I've not seen that anywhere, though.

I think the more likely explanation is Trumpian: Declare yourself a god full of winning, fool people into worshipping you, profit.

23 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I think the more likely explanation is Trumpian: Declare yourself a god full of winning, fool people into worshipping you, profit.

Let's not bog down a good discussion into political jabs (Or lets, I'm not your parents).

2 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

There's a pretty clear distinction between the Gods of the Pantheon and the Chaos Gods.  Nagash was preparing the Super Mega Spell to try and change that, and ascend to something even greater.

1 minute ago, Ravinsild said:

Who all are the gods of the pantheon anyway and are they roughly equal but all lesser than the big 4? How would Nagash fair against the great horned rat?

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pantheon_of_Order 

Considering Nagash is like 0-3 vs the Children of the Great Horned Rat, he'd probably lose.

But Nagash likes playing a game of chess for millennia, not fighting a boxing match.

17 hours ago, Nin Win said:

Long ago, Archaon defeated Nagash and while he is powerful, he is still a mortal champion.  

For now, until he Ascends to Chaos godhood himself as the new Malik and then wipes out all of the puny pretenders and absorbs their powers and portfolio. Starting with that  mewling weakling Khorne. 

Biggest problem with nagash vs any chaos gods is that the only reason one of the big 4 haven't taken over the mortal realm is that if they invest too much into that fight, the other 3 would take over their portion of the warp. Khorne could get off the skull throne, beat nagash and sigmar as an afternoon workout and come back to find the skull throne was converted to an orgy pit, his rivers of blood are now filled with pus and his secret spice garden is being used as alchemy ingredients by tzeentchian alchemists

Ya the Chaos Gods as a whole are on a whole other level. Every thought and emotion that any being has ever had, positive or negative, consciously or subconsciously, fuels Chaos as a whole and its gods. That includes all the thoughts and feelings of Nagash himself, his ambitions, lust for power, hatred of the living, etc.

But the irony is that the Chaos Gods are necessary for people to exist as they do. Without Slanesh there would be no joy in life. Without Khorne there would be no honor. And so on.

6 hours ago, Lior'Lec said:

For now, until he Ascends to Chaos godhood himself as the new Malik and then wipes out all of the puny pretenders and absorbs their powers and portfolio. Starting with that  mewling weakling Khorne. 

Nagash isn't trying to ascend to the Chaos Pantheon a la our Horned Rat Friend. Since he is the master of death, he is looking to bring everything to an end, to kill everything. That's not joining the Chaos Gods, that's usurping them altogether.

Thinking about the spell he was trying to cast, if you imagine Chaotic Space to be akin to the universe, with the Realms being Earths/Stars/Galaxies, Nagash was looking to Black Hole everything by bringing enough grave-sand (mass) to one point.

3 hours ago, SuperHappyTime said:

Nagash isn't trying to ascend to the Chaos Pantheon a la our Horned Rat Friend. Since he is the master of death, he is looking to bring everything to an end, to kill everything. That's not joining the Chaos Gods, that's usurping them altogether.

Thinking about the spell he was trying to cast, if you imagine Chaotic Space to be akin to the universe, with the Realms being Earths/Stars/Galaxies, Nagash was looking to Black Hole everything by bringing enough grave-sand (mass) to one point.

Nagash needs to have a change of tact,  he keeps trying the massive spell to kill everyone line.  It’s been like the fourth time now.  I know he only needs to get luck once but it been like 5000 odd years as least.   The boney lunatic needs a plan b 

1 minute ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Nagash needs to have a change of tact,  he keeps trying the massive spell to kill everyone line.  It’s been like the fourth time now.  I know he only needs to get luck once but it been like 5000 odd years as least.   The boney lunatic needs a plan b 

And he really needs to hire a rat catcher.

26 minutes ago, youngSkywalker said:

It's not a problem it's a feature. Nagash only doesn't know how to utilize it correctly. Seems the big head is too heavy after all, cutting the blood flow a bit

What blood flow? And I agree it's a feature - Nagash and Skaven is a duo like Tom & Jerry.

@SuperHappyTime Not Nagash, he is just another pretender. Archaon. His wants to destroy all the gods, including the ruinous powers, what better candidate to represent the (true) fifth god? The great horned rat doesn’t count because Archaon is already working on the formula for borax acid to remove the rodent infestation from the mortal realms.

Also while the fluff never really developed them, there used to be scores if of not hundreds of chaos gods alluded to in the lore. The big four were just the most powerful, what has happened to this? Everything I’ve read so far in AoS just makes it out to be the big four, GHR and nothing else.

3 hours ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Actually, what he needs is a different author to write his stories. The current ones keep making him fall for the old snowball lob. ?

Nagash would lose.

Comparing the Powerlevels you could say that:

nagash is a seal and every one of the chaos gods is a megalodon.

Nagash is earth, each Chaos god is the sun.

Nagash  is 100 each Chaos god is 10 000

Nagash is a peanut, each Chaos God is a mammoth tree

same goes for sigmar and the other mortal Realm gods (though Nagash might be the mightiest of them due to eating all the death gods).

I love Nagash- at this point he's like a Saturday morning cartoon villain. I can imagine his massive upside down pyramid spiralling out of control as, once again blaming the wrong person for everything, he shrilly screams, "I'll be back, Sigmar! You haven't seen the last of Nagaaaaaaaaaaaaash...!" Cut to theme music.

1 hour ago, Kirjava13 said:

I love Nagash- at this point he's like a Saturday morning cartoon villain. I can imagine his massive upside down pyramid spiralling out of control as, once again blaming the wrong person for everything, he shrilly screams, "I'll be back, Sigmar! You haven't seen the last of Nagaaaaaaaaaaaaash...!" Cut to theme music.

Somehow nagash would be a good reappearing villain in Scooby-Doo. You got me this time kids, but next time I'll beat you.... 

Archived