Chainrasps or Skeleton warriors?

JonnyTheKing

5 hours ago, Lemon Knuckles said:

Rasps are tougher against anything with Rend, but their damage output is terrible.  As others have said, 30-40 for Skeletons, 10 or 20 go Rasps, but honestly I often feel like the points on Rasps might be better spent elsewhere.

Like on Dire Wolves ;) 

I don't think I would ever take 30 or less skeletons. As soon as you loose one model your loosing a attack. 40 points for another 10 is just too good to pass up. if you need to fill a battle line and only have your 240 points available, then personally I would be taking Chainrasps.

1 hour ago, DessTelain said:

Assuming skeletons, spears or swords?

Hot debate, I take spears in 40 and swords in 10, there is a higher math thesis out there saying swords might be always equal and pile in vs to hit chance. 

Honestly, don’t bother. If that’s your only insecurity for the upcoming match, you’ll be fine

An evil numbers wizard once told me that swords perform better than spears with -1 to hit and spears are better with a +1 to hit relative to each other. I have them kitted out with Spears however over the course of a game I am sure there will be a few combats where one option would be better than the other. As I said i take spears as I allow myself to maximise my attacks more often, and we love rolling dice right? but once you have circled that poor defenseless dragon with swords he is more dead than he already was. 

In summary "meh" you choice will be right as much as it was wrong.

With regards to the msu choice I cant see a scenario that skeletons can out perform the chainrasps. They have twice the number of attacks, a better move, a much better save against rend and can fly. Only scenario I can see is to fill out a battalion requirement. 

Archived