Wrath and Rapture

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

If that's the conversion rate plus the horrible mark up for being in Australia ☹️ I would expect it to be similar price to eg the Vigilus sets that came out - tooth and claw, wake the dead.

So just had a look at tooth and claw on the Aussie site. $250... That's £140 haha

3 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

Jeebus that's some mark up!! it's 'only' £90 on the uk site.

Yeah, the "Australia tax" (and New Zealand) is brutal. Thankfully I'll be in the UK in January, might have to bring a spare suitcase or 2

1 minute ago, Retro said:

Yeah, the "Australia tax" (and New Zealand) is brutal. Thankfully I'll be in the UK in January, might have to bring a spare suitcase or 2

Good plan the savings will pay for the flights 👍 Check out indie stockists they can be 10-20% cheaper. Not sure where you will be in the U.K. But if near Manchester then a trip to element games in Stockport (few mins on train) or Fan Boy 3 in Manchester will be worth it 

4 hours ago, Praecautus said:

Good plan the savings will pay for the flights 👍 Check out indie stockists they can be 10-20% cheaper. Not sure where you will be in the U.K. But if near Manchester then a trip to element games in Stockport (few mins on train) or Fan Boy 3 in Manchester will be worth it 

Thanks for the tip, haven't locked down the details but definitely swinging by the Manchester area at some point.

3 hours ago, Waiyuren said:

If it's comparable to blightwar, it'll be about $300 in New Zealand. So slightly cheaper than two start collecting boxes. 😅

Yeah, the New Zealand tax is possibly worse than the Aussie one.

Edit: when I say tax I'm not referring to an actual tax but calling our price hike a tax

Bit of a weird theory, but what if the harp's ruleset is based of Orpheus and his 'duel' with Cerberus. For those who don't know, Cerberus is a monstrous three headed hound in the underworld who was lulled to sleep by Orpheus - a man searching for his lost love - with a lyre. Perhaps the harp will have an ability to mimic this.

20181128_100950.jpg

12 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Bit of a weird theory, but what if the harp's ruleset is based of Orpheus and his 'duel' with Cerberus. For those who don't know, Cerberus is a monstrous three headed hound in the underworld who was lulled to sleep by Orpheus - a man searching for his lost love - with a lyre. Perhaps the harp will have an ability to mimic this.

I like your thinking, and a great idea :)

If it did, it would be truly annoying as in the original realm of Chaos : Lost and the Damned, the spells of slaanesh were a thing for a khorne army to be fearful of, and in return, to  a magic heavy army, a khorne army was equally something truly frightening. The bloodthirster was obscene by todays standards.

If they're looking to somehow mimic that, the dynamic between khorne and Slaanesh and the inevitable Tzeentch vs Nurgle will get a whole lot more interesting as a result.

I think if would be very cool if the army had rules where the effect was magnified if used against a khorne army and khorne got stuff who's effect was magnified if used against the slaanesh keyword. It would be very thematic.

I think we need to start reading up on Greek mythology! Cerberus and Orpheus, the Bull of Beasts of Chaos - Melusai - Morathi - its clear someone in GW is reading up on it!

Oh gods this means one of the dwarven factions is going to get a walking statue titan unit! And ooh this might do well for the Lions of Highelves!

7 hours ago, Enoby said:

20181128_100950.jpg

Her title as the "Infernal Enrapturess" does suggest she's a debuffer. Maybe an attack reduction bubble to represent the calming of anger-dogs? I hope she can tag-team with The Masque; one plays, the other dances, everybody dies. 🤔

She could do many things from buffing to debuffing to both. She could also be missdirectional, eg a targeted unit must take the shortest distance toward her (not ignoring dangerous terrain, but obeying impassable terrain); even if that unit is well outside of close combat range (that would seriously mess up enemy movement!)

8 hours ago, Enoby said:

20181128_100950.jpg

As mentioned when realm of chaos first came out the Slaanesh spells were around taking units out of combat. One had the description that the unit/model was spending it's time dancing to music only it could hear

Other spells halved characteristics of enemy units or made Slaanesh units immune to psychology effects 

1 hour ago, Praecautus said:

As mentioned when realm of chaos first came out the Slaanesh spells were around taking units out of combat. One had the description that the unit/model was spending it's time dancing to music only it could hear

Other spells halved characteristics of enemy units or made Slaanesh units immune to psychology effects 

You'll be talking about Pavane of Slaanesh :)

31153330667_fa540fbcbd_b.jpg

My favourite was Aquiescence:

46092375221_24575b609a_b.jpg

oh how I laughed (and my opponent's jaw  dropped when a warriors unit was revealed with bolt guns...

Finally the ten man goblin stone thrower would meet it's match!

45368410884_a9ee8260c1_b.jpg

I just want GW to start doing more reveals now in tandem with the Vigilus campaign.  I'd really like to start reading some lore leading up to release :)

9 hours ago, Enoby said:

The one thing I do worry about is that we'll get a boring ability on the herald (like -1 bravery). For such a cool model, it needs fitting and interesting abilities. I would really like siren-like abilities.

slopitty bilepipper anyone?

Archived