AoS 2 - Mixed Destruction Discussion

broche

16 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Yep, it will be a massive blow to Mixed Destruction if Gitmob are no longer Battleline.

Just a shot in the dark here, but I could see Gitmob possibly getting placed in with the rumored Gutbusters....  maybe?  

Gitmob have their own section in the Core Book (within "The Savage Tribes").  It really makes no sense to me that they've deleted a faction that is confirmed as existing and has been written about in the Mortal Realms.

My main hope is that they do a Savage Tribes book at some point, similar to Beasts of Chaos, and that it will also be a keyword they can add to the FW Monsers that don't already have one (e.g. the Magma Dragon and Dread Maw).

14 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

Gitmob have their own section in the Core Book (within "The Savage Tribes").  It really makes no sense to me that they've deleted a faction that is confirmed as existing and has been written about in the Mortal Realms.

My main hope is that they do a Savage Tribes book at some point, similar to Beasts of Chaos, and that it will also be a keyword they can add to the FW Monsers that don't already have one (e.g. the Magma Dragon and Dread Maw).

There will never be a gitmob book. They have been moved to the legacy section of General’a handbook alongside tomb kings. There hasn’t been a case yet of a faction moving out of there so there isn’t much hope.

There also hadn't been any cases of a faction that actually exists in the Mortal Realms being deleted from the game until now, so you don't know what will happen in future.

I agree that Gitmob on their own won't get a book, but I wouldn't rule out their return in some kind of soup tome one day.  It's particularly relevant to give the FW monsters an ongoing purpose in Matched Play in my opinion.

Edit: just to be clear, I'm not willing to die on the hill that this is definitely happening! 

I agree that it's improbable, I just don't think it's impossible, and I want it to happen more than I believe it is likely to happen.

Edited by PlasticCraic

42 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

I agree that Gitmob on their own won't get a book, but I wouldn't rule out their return in some kind of soup tome one day.

They'll return as Grot Sky Pirates - they've been mention several times in the lore.  In the meantime, the 80 I've re-based onto rounds so far will see action as Moonclan Grots.

• Like 1

Yeah I think I'm in the same boat....redo the banners, slap some black on where I can, and they've got a new life.

Spears and bows are the less optimal weapons options for Moonclan (imo), but not to the extent that they are useless.

2 hours ago, Aelfric said:

They'll return as Grot Sky Pirates - they've been mention several times in the lore.  In the meantime, the 80 I've re-based onto rounds so far will see action as Moonclan Grots.

I think we'd all love this!  And it's probably on the cards at some point, given the repeated references.  That army would print money.

Edited by PlasticCraic

4 hours ago, Dimatrix said:

There will never be a gitmob book. They have been moved to the legacy section of General’a handbook alongside tomb kings. There hasn’t been a case yet of a faction moving out of there so there isn’t much hope.

No they havent. They are not in GHB at all, other then Gitboss and Gitboss on Wolf Chariot.

22 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I think we'd all love this!  And it's probably on the cards at some point, given the repeated references.  That army would print money.

Too right - I should start saving now ( once I have enough Troggoths, oh and Ardboyz .... and more Sisters of the Watch and ..and ..and ).

• Haha 1

Managed a 4-1 (all Majors) with my Mixed Destruction at Lord of War this weekend (65 player event in Melbourne).

MVPs were Skragrott with Arachnacauldron, and the 60 Gitmob Archers.  Sooooo good for 270 points!

Highlights were nicking an Etheral Amulet with Nikkit (casting at +3 with Arcane), and teleporting the Hag with Hand of Gork so she could throw out Geminids on Turn 1, and pop the crews on 3 Helstorm Rocket Batteries :D

Very sad that it's the end of the line for Gitmob, I'd been really enjoying this army.  Will have to see what happens because Compendium is often allowed in Australia (there was a Tomb Kings army at the event) so they may allow Gitmob too...although the list is 2020 now with Geminids going up, so it would need reworking anyway.

• Like 2

Congratulations for the result! 

I think that GW this time makes a mistake, nobody's is perfect, alright, but I cannot find any commercial reason into delete an army. 

Why I cannot use them anymore? Why they disappeared from the GH '19. 

I think that they would move them in the legacy section of the book. 

I agree that this is a big blow for any mixed Destruction army.

What can we use to replace them? I don't see anything so effective as the Gitmob Grots. 

Any suggestions? 

• Like 1

IMO...

Ogors are decent in a 12, not worth taking anything smaller.

Orruks are garbage but cheap enough at 80 points, decent Battleline filler.  The Orruk keyword does at least trigger a couple of things (Weirdnob Shaman casting bonuses, extra attacks from the Warboss).

Savage Orruks are expensive garbage, only worth considering if you're taking a Kunnin Rukk and want a low drop army.  Likely to be less effective than a Bonesplitterz Allegiance Kunnin Rukk because you won't have Brutal Beast Spirits.

Moonclan Grots are Battleline with negs to hit, probably our best competitive option.  Steers you down the path of a debuff and control army.

Fimir are overpriced and underpowered, and their Hero tax is even worse.

Edited by PlasticCraic

Personally, I really wanted to see Ardboyz made Battleline.  I think there's still a chance that Gitmob will be allowed as Battleline in Australian events, but we'll have to wait and see.  

But beyond that I'm personally taking a step away from Mixed Destruction (and in fact the whole of AOS) for a while.

What will you be running?

I don't know at the moment what to do with AoS. As I said before I'm having a tournament on next Saturday and with new GH 19 my plans have to change a lot . 

I was thinking to run a pure Beastclaws Raiders list but I know very well that I would not have any chance to reach one of the first 10 positions, especially in a 5 games tournament. 😞

Only 10 pts above after GHB19 😔

Allegiance: Destruction
Frostlord on Stonehorn (420)
- General
Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (560)
10 x Orruks (80)
- Pair of Choppas
10 x Orruks (80)
- Pair of Choppas
10 x Orruks (80)
- Pair of Choppas
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Gargant Hackers
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas
Braggoth's Beast Hammer (230)

Total: 2010 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 112

• LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Arkahn said:

Only 10 pts above after GHB19 😔

Frostlord on Stonehorn (420)
- General
10 x Orruks (80)
- Pair of Choppas
10 x Orruks (80)
- Pair of Choppas
10 x Orruks (80)
- Pair of Choppas
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Gargant Hackers
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas
Braggoth's Beast Hammer (230)

Total: 2010 / 2000
Wounds: 112

It's a pity. :-(

It would be great the Braggoth's Beast Hammer with Gordrakk!

I suggest to try Eurlbad with Gordrakk. It's not so destructive as Braggoth's but very cool to play as well.

5 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

How cool would that have been!

Is there a Yhetee-heavy Batallion that would fit?  They've always been pretty good, and got a minor points drop.  They have some game in Activation Wars too.

At the moment the only battalion with whom Yethees can be used is Torlbad. But unfortunately you have to use 4 Thundertusk. So it's total unplayble.

I cross my fingers for the new Battletome.

20 minutes ago, DestructionFranz said:

I suggest to try Eurlbad with Gordrakk. It's not so destructive as Braggoth's but very cool to play as well.

Have you tried this kind of list ? 

I made something like that, what's your opinion ? 

Huskard on Stonehorn (320)
- General
- Blood Vulture
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
10 x Orruks (80)
- Choppas & Shields
10 x Orruks (80)
- Choppas & Shields
10 x Orruks (80)
- Choppas & Shields
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Gargant Hackers
Stonehorn Beastriders (300)
- Option: Blood Vulture
Eurlbad (170)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 97

2 hours ago, Arkahn said:

Have you tried this kind of list ? 

I made something like that, what's your opinion ? 

Huskard on Stonehorn (320)
- General
- Blood Vulture
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
10 x Orruks (80)
- Choppas & Shields
10 x Orruks (80)
- Choppas & Shields
10 x Orruks (80)
- Choppas & Shields
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Gargant Hackers
Stonehorn Beastriders (300)
- Option: Blood Vulture
Eurlbad (170)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 97

That is exactly what I would run If I would maximize the Gordrakk's ability effect on a Beastclaws list.

I like so much your list.

Finally the day of my 5 games Tournament arrived. Result 2/5 victories. 

I managed to use the Gitmob like battleline.

My list was: 

Frostlord on Stonehorn X3

Fungoid Cave Shaman

Gitmob Shaman

Gitmob Grots Archers x60

Orruks x10

Orruks x10

Mork's Mighty Mushroom

Arachnacauldron

Lost against Seraphon, Nagash, and Khorne. 

Won twice against Stormcast. (Wiped out twice their army)

I was very close to win with Seraphim and Khorne. 

I was delayed in three turns by Nagash. 

My best unit once again was the Gitmob battleline. 

Best units that I faced were, of course Nagash (he killed two Stonehorns in two turn with hand of Dust) and the Bastilladon (save +3, ignore rend, reroll save rolls for the Battalion ability) . 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine gifted me his tin Overtyrant. And I must say it's a pretty amazing unit for mixed destruction (and you can only really run him in mixed destro anyway). The ability to just give an enemy unit -1 to hit across the board is pretty amazing. Only trouble I'm having is finding his official round base size. I'm going to put him on a Stonehorn base because when he was re-released for week as a resin model he came on that base on the GW website.