AoS 2 - Fyreslayers Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 hours ago, Voltek said:

Where is everyone seeing these leaks etc?

Lady Atia’s blog

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/6061#disqus_thread

Right now Doko goes there to “not be too negative” and then complain about literally any positive comment anyone has about the rules which leads to Bob leaking some silver linings to try and make him stop.(seriously dude, it’s just a hobby)

Tbf of course the Deepkin posts have their own constant nay-sayer that nothing is good enough(who’s noted as saying Lumineth on release would be “bottom tier”) just like Reddit has Captain Nonsense for saying the Orruk Warclans are all trash and a Chu guy in the Stormcasts forum that is constant rules negativity.

Seems every faction has one guy constantly on duty to say their army is done dirty. xD 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yes i know that i have been too much negative and now after have one people in my city that is in a group where one guy have the tome i know almost all.

If people prefer that i say all is great,fun and every unit is good and cool!.....then i can say it but would be false.

To be short every non hero unit is worse than 2.0 and we lost every lodge tricks as autorun6 and could run and charge or the aura of -1 wound. But heroes hit harder( but also are more expensive) there is a way to have our father in magmadroth(after 99999 setup and buffs and only one time per game) doing a insane damage with as 9 attacks at 2\2\4\3 

But no problem,i wont post here again and tomorrow we gonna have in the web many people with the tome allready and you gonna can see all then.

I really hope you have fun with the new tome because this is a hobby and that is the goal,but for competitive and tournaments players  as me,this tome is a decrease in power of the 2.0 tome

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Lady Atia’s blog

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/6061#disqus_thread

Right now Doko goes there to “not be too negative” and then complain about literally any positive comment anyone has about the rules which leads to Bob leaking some silver linings to try and make him stop.(seriously dude, it’s just a hobby)

Tbf of course the Deepkin posts have their own constant nay-sayer that nothing is good enough(who’s noted as saying Lumineth on release would be “bottom tier”) just like Reddit has Captain Nonsense for saying the Orruk Warclans are all trash and a Chu guy in the Stormcasts forum that is constant rules negativity.

Seems every faction has one guy constantly on duty to say their army is done dirty. xD 

To be fair though Warclans and Stormcast are kinda ****** though. Both only have one viable list and way to play

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Its not? How many different builds and lists do SCE have that arent Drakes, Fulminators, and Raptors? And warclans have only one options which is pork missiles

Fulminators, Drakes, and Raptors don't all fit into a single list together very well - there are very different lists and strategies when you combine Raptors/Fulms, Raptors/Drakes, and Drakes/Fulms

There's so much more going on than just drakes and raptors... Karazai, Tauralon, Bastian, Gardus, Celestant-Prime, Crossbow Judicators, Skybolt Judicators, Tempestors, Annihilators, Prosecutors, Knight-Judicators are all doing very well in tournaments. Stormcast have the highest number of tournament viable warscrolls in the game!

Bonesplitterz (Icebone) and Kruleboyz (Big Yellers) both just got top 8 at Cherokee Open, a Karazai list went 5-0 and took first place overall, and 2nd place went 5-0 with a Stormcast Annihilator list

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Yea, Pjetski has the right of it, I've seen so many different lists do well from SCE. In Orruks, everyone just ran Ironjawz at first, but now I've seen so much more being explored. I've seen Bonesplitterz and Kruelboyz both excelling. Nurgle also has multiple solid builds; the nurgle beasts build is really strong, but so are like two or three others. Nurgle stuff also has seen play in Legion of the First Prince.

If we're lucky the Fyreslayers' tome will be more like Nurgle's: the builds aren't immediately obvious, but with experimenting they start to really shine. 

Edited by DwarfsOnly
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KnowAnyThryng said:

Deepkin book review is on YouTube. It looks like minor change to sharks between fury of the deep and battletome (moving from 10 wounds to 8). This gives me a glimmer of hope that shield vulkites get an attack back. Fingers crossed.

So there was a difference between the box warscrolls and the book release? With how backed up their release schedule is maybe hopefully we will see some changes...

Anyone see any reviews yet?

2 hours to go but a lot more info is out there. 

From what I've heard(didn't see pics so might not be fully accurate) hgb are going up to 160 per 5 and still nerfed. They can bodyguard a foot runefather/son now but I'm not sure you even want one as you probably aren't running them as battleline. Maybe there is a trait/arti for father you want but I haven't seen them yet.

Grimwrath berserkers are the most interesting. Give a strong buff to a unit, one is 6's to hit do mw. Another is 5+ ward in combat. Only 105 points so maybe you want multiple and multiple battlesmiths. Probably supporting vulkites which i was told have a way of getting even more attacks but no specific yet. Maybe these buffs can make hgb worth but I'm not sure...

Deepkin kept their strong alleigeance abilities(like the round 3 fight first) and even have a once per game 3 units fight first so the change to ours seems a bit unfair?

Edited by Svalack
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Svalack said:

Deepkin kept their strong alleigeance abilities(like the round 3 fight first) and even have a once per game 3 units fight first so the change to ours seems a bit unfair?

I wouldnt read to much into that considering everyone is now saying the Deepkin book is not good at all. So who knows about Fyreslayers. As usual everything is up in the air until the last minute 

4 hours ago, Svalack said:

2 hours to go but a lot more info is out there. 

From what I've heard(didn't see pics so might not be fully accurate) hgb are going up to 160 per 5 and still nerfed. They can bodyguard a foot runefather/son now but I'm not sure you even want one as you probably aren't running them as battleline. Maybe there is a trait/arti for father you want but I haven't seen them yet.

Grimwrath berserkers are the most interesting. Give a strong buff to a unit, one is 6's to hit do mw. Another is 5+ ward in combat. Only 105 points so maybe you want multiple and multiple battlesmiths. Probably supporting vulkites which i was told have a way of getting even more attacks but no specific yet. Maybe these buffs can make hgb worth but I'm not sure...

The Grimwrath thing is just their list of warscroll buffs from BR turned into an allegiance ability, there might be slight changes but it's the same concept. They gave up the automatic 5+ ward in combat for this, it's honestly a nerf in almost all situations especially now that it's turned into an allegiance ability.

• Like 1

Leaker Bob had a pretty good run with them.

“Did a tts this lunchbreak we stopped turn 2 to check some rules on artefact & mounts because the runefather on droth killed the MC and the Rogue idol in the same phase ^^
In another game i was testing a COS mage allied (because of ghur) for 115. It was incredible. Made a first turn 25" charge with a grimwrath into a pack of pigs and the second pile in allowed me to wack a warchanter turn 1 ^^ : Mage casted the ghur spell (+2 run and charge) was under speed rune with new heroics (+2 +2 ) on a grimwrath with a run and charge included (also give reroll charge) + double attack item and empower prayer ^^

Edit : Also Grimwrath zerker are not leader so can be in hunter to be imune to roar :D”

Using a group with both Hunters battalion and a cheap Flamekeeper armed with the Arcane Tome to get Metamorphosis off on them sounds like a lot of fun. The Hack Pack. :) 

• Like 1