Vanari Starshard Ballistas (100)
- Allies
Vanari Starshard Ballistas (100)
- Allies

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 400 / 400
Wounds: 109

I want to test this xD. Each LC with buff each other and get buff from Gardus. X D

This is exactly the kind of stupid gimmick list I was talking about earlier!

I think I would try running it with some Lord-Arcanum on Dracolines instead because

-Pride Leader makes all DRACOLINE hit on 2+ without having to spend a command point with Gardus or get him into melee
-Multiple wizards is always good
-Multiple Cycle of the Storm is good
-Cycle of the Storm + Martyrs Strength combo is good, especially with multiple Cycles
-Multiple heroes on flanks with spirit flasks can wipe out key units before they have a chance to attack

1. Make your general a LADracoline and give him Martyrs Strength

2. Charge in 3+ LADracoline with Saintly Assault active. Position them such that the Arcanum with Martyrs Strength is within 3" of other LADs.

3. Use Spirit Flasks with all 3 LADs to deal a bunch of mortal wounds to the enemy, and kill your general LAD. Fight with Martyrs Strength (with +1 attack from Saintly Assault).

4. Prevent the mortal wounds from Spirit Flask with Cycle, heal a wound instead. Apply the next wound, "die" again, fight with Martyrs Strength again. Repeat for each Cycle of the Storm you have. This all happens at the start of the combat phase, you can even activate it in your opponents turn!

It's a shame that the Pack Alpha command ability only works on EVOCATOR units :( Maybe a mix of Arcanums and Celestants?

The Stormkeep battalion Wardens of the Stormkeep might be worth using with Gardus - you can use the extra command points to make a unit run & charge without having to bring a Heraldor.

Putting Martyrs Strength on a Drakesworn Templar would be really good - piling in multiple times (especially with Cycle) to trigger Cavernous Jaws and Sweeping Tail multiple times. I wish the Skybolt bow worked on DRACOTH units and not DRACOTHIAN GUARD... who designed this stupid battletome >:(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PJetski said:

4. Prevent the mortal wounds from Spirit Flask with Cycle, heal a wound instead. Apply the next wound, "die" again, fight with Martyrs Strength again. Repeat for each Cycle of the Storm you have. This all happens at the start of the combat phase, you can even activate it in your opponents turn!

Wait what? I dont get it xD. You are slain then you roll for MS 2+ to attakck and then you apply Cycle of Storm to not be slain? 

One question pls. Vanguard Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows add 3 to the attack characteristics if they did not move at the end of the movement phase. It does not say "or set-up". Does that mean that if I use the command ability of Aquilor or the Scions of the storm in which it does not say " this is considered as your move in the movement phase" I can add the 3 attacks???

5 minutes ago, Thanos-se said:

One question pls. Vanguard Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows add 3 to the attack characteristics if they did not move at the end of the movement phase. It does not say "or set-up". Does that mean that if I use the command ability of Aquilor or the Scions of the storm in which it does not say " this is considered as your move in the movement phase" I can add the 3 attacks???

Yes you can. Set-ups is not treated for a move. 

10 minutes ago, Thanos-se said:

In Skyborne Slayer says This is their move for that movement phase. So for that batallion things change right?

It means they can't make a normal move later in the phase, not that they count has having made a normal move.

Back when Skyborne Slayers was written they did not have consistent wording on special abilities.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Such amazing model and yet such useless rules

I am partly in denial and Partly a realist. I hope the 4+ save accounts for something from our new battletome. The same goes for the generis weapon profiles. 

When it comes to rules I hate wholly within at least if it was "UNITS wholly withing"instead of "UNIT" it would be acceptable. the wholly within makes me anxious because of the bin writer. 

Anyway rerolling charges and adding +1 to attacks is a really good ability imo. Obviously made for deep striking (doubles the success chance on 9 inch charge without any additional rules) and given that SCE have always used to layer their rules on each other it could become a really nice bomb in the next edition soon. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Feii said:

I am partly in denial and Partly a realist. I hope the 4+ save accounts for something from our new battletome. The same goes for the generis weapon profiles. 

When it comes to rules I hate wholly within at least if it was "UNITS wholly withing"instead of "UNIT" it would be acceptable. the wholly within makes me anxious because of the bin writer. 

Anyway rerolling charges and adding +1 to attacks is a really good ability imo. Obviously made for deep striking (doubles the success chance on 9 inch charge without any additional rules) and given that SCE have always used to layer their rules on each other it could become a really nice bomb in the next edition soon. 

You know it’s only rerolling for heroes, and +1 attack also for heroes, right? And only for hallowed knight units/ heroes. I would say hallowed knights are the most useless chamber imo...

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

You know it’s only rerolling for heroes, and +1 attack also for heroes, right? And only for hallowed knight units/ heroes. I would say hallowed knights are the most useless chamber imo...

can I cry now :( ? I cant read in general so there's that

3 minutes ago, Feii said:

can I cry now :( ? I cant read in general so there's that

That’s sad... else he would be good.. but like always, Stormcast never gets something good. But I will use him as Gavriel sureheart, maybe you can do it too.oh and the 6+/5+ save bubble is only for mortal wounds, so you know that too now.

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

That’s sad... else he would be good.. but like always, Stormcast never gets something good. But I will use him as Gavriel sureheart, maybe you can do it too.oh and the 6+/5+ save bubble is only for mortal wounds, so you know that too now.

we will see. If the questin knights rumours are true for the new SCE I could see them getting the hero keyword from some kind of ability haha. (you know the whole realm of Chamon is basically cut off from Azyr and other realms so some kind of questing/heroic SCE would make sense rn) 

and using him as a proxy is a great idea! 

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

Just note that, since everything about this guy is wrong, he comes on a 50mm base whereas all other SCE foot heroes are on 40mm

oh well he made a 50 mm wide mess while striking the ground haha. we will see. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Just note that, since everything about this guy is wrong, he comes on a 50mm base whereas all other SCE foot heroes are on 40mm

Prepare yourself cause next stormcast hero will have 100mm size base with 4attack 3+ 3+ -1 1dmg 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah I love the model, but there is no way I want to signal my acceptance of that ridiculously bad warscroll by giving GW about $40 Canadian for him. Show me a good warscroll or a new (good) tome, and I'll worry about trying to find a Gardus at that point.