AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 minute ago, schwabbele said:

Lol , no that actually shows that the game is evolving. And we don't even have all 2.0 tomes out. Bad for the game would be , if all were like sce , or if GW isn't trying out new stuff. If you don't like it, switch army for your competitive needs or learn to deal with it.

It is an endless discussion, nothing big will change until all factions have their tome, and even I wouldn't be so sure that we instantly see new SCE tome.

eh not exactly. Power level wise there is a vast difference between say, the new Khorne and Sylvaneth tome, and the new Slaanesh or FEC tome. If i go back to earlier releases, the DoK tome for instance. Its obvious they have different teams, but yeah the 'evolution' isnt on the same scale.  Marks comment makes more sense, if the idea is to push sales, its obvious to give more detail and attention to something like when DoK came out and now Bonereapers, 

On 10/23/2019 at 12:28 PM, PJetski said:

I'm not sure how to do a formal write-up, but I'm always willing to answer specific questions. I'll go through and compile all my posts from this thread into a single blog post that people can link to (Follow the link: https://shiftingobjectives.blogspot.com/2019/10/anvilstrike-tips-faq-updated-oct-25-2019.html)

Any way you could add a couple of various of lists on here and give your opinion on why?

Edited by MadKingZach

Hey folks.  Don't see too many hobby-related posts in here so I figured I would share my WIP Lord Arcanum on Thundercat.  This is my first time sculpting fur in any large amounts so I think it turned out pretty well.  This is just the start, however,  as I plan on adding fur to most of my army to make them seem a bit more barbaric. 

Also, liquid greenstuff is a MUST for any push-fit models.  Otherwise there are very obvious joints in odd places.

Comments and criticisms welcome!

20191024_162931.jpg

20191024_162941.jpg

20191024_162951.jpg

• Like 6

Guys, I need an help on SCE rules:

1) Castellant "creates" a Gryph on the field. This counts as a single drop in deployment. After if, in order to apply the allegiance ability i should count 1 or 2 units on the fields? I suppose 2, but no sure.

2) Does allies counts for the units on field for allegiance ability? 

Thanks in advance.

NB: SCE is still good in competitive, don't worry.

Edited by Raffonerd

10 minutes ago, Raffonerd said:

1) Castellant "creates" a Gryph on the field. This counts as a single drop in deployment. After if, in order to apply the allegiance ability i should count 1 or 2 units on the fields? I suppose 2, but no sure.

Thanks in advance.

I’ve always counted it as two units, one drop. 

12 minutes ago, Raffonerd said:

Thanks in advance.

1) 2 units, 1 drop

2) Instead of setting up a STORMCAST ETERNAL unit on the battlefield, you can place it to one side and say that it is set up in the Celestial Realm as a reserve unit. You can set up one reserve unit in the Celestial Realm for each unit you have set up on the battlefield. At the end of your movement phase, you can set up one or more of the reserve units in the Celestial Realm on the battlefield, more than 9" from any enemy units. Any reserve units in the Celestial Realm that are not set up on the battlefield before the start of the fourth battle round are slain.

I would say yes, since it's not written in the allegiance that the units must be SCE ones. BUt allies do not benefit from army's allegiance, so ... ?

Edited by Maturin

1 minute ago, Maturin said:

2) Instead of setting up a STORMCAST ETERNAL unit on the battlefield, you can place it to one side and say that it is set up in the Celestial Realm as a reserve unit. You can set up one reserve unit in the Celestial Realm for each unit you have set up on the battlefield. At the end of your movement phase, you can set up one or more of the reserve units in the Celestial Realm on the battlefield, more than 9" from any enemy units. Any reserve units in the Celestial Realm that are not set up on the battlefield before the start of the fourth battle round are slain.

I would say yes, since it's not written in the allegiance that the units must be SCE ones. BUt allies do not benefit from army's allegiance, so ... ?

If you check in GA19 they say that allies don't count for allegiance abilities btw. It's tricky.

Another topic to clearify:

The castellant heal ability is applied in simultaneity with the wound application or you must have already a wound assigned to the model in order to apply?

Which example should I apply:

Case 1: 4 wound to be applied on a Dracoth with 0 wounds . I roll 2 6 and 2 2. Dracoth exit combat with 0 wounds applied.

Case 2: 4 wound to be applied on a Dracoth with 0 wounds . I roll 2 6 and 2 2. Dracothexit combat with 2 wounds applied.

Case 3: 4 wound to be applied on a Dracoth with 1 wounds . I roll 2 6 and 2 2. Dracoth exit combat with 3 wounds applied.

Edited by Raffonerd

1 minute ago, Raffonerd said:

The castellant heal ability is applied in simultaneity with the wound application or you must have already a wound assigned to the model in order to apply?

Case 1: 4 wound to be applied on a Dracoth with 0 wounds . I roll 2 6 and 2 2. Dracoth exit combat with 0 wounds applied.

Case 2: 4 wound to be applied on a Dracoth with 0 wounds . I roll 2 6 and 2 2. Dracothexit combat with 2 wounds applied.

Case 3: 4 wound to be applied on a Dracoth with 1 wounds . I roll 2 6 and 2 2. Dracoth exit combat with 3 wounds applied.

Case 2 and 3 depends on the roll order.

2 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Case 1 is totally wrong.
Case 2 is right.
Case 3: Dracoth exit combat with 2 wounds applied.

Not at all. A castellant lantern's make it so you can heal a wound taken. But the save already negates the incoming wound, so you have  to be wounded to heal them, so the roll order is very important.

1 hour ago, Raffonerd said:

You roll your saves, then heal any wounds that were previously allocated, then allocate wounds from failed saves

And by previously I mean from another source, you can't heal wounds allocated from different weapons of a single unit

Edited by XReN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, XReN said:

You roll your saves, than heal any wounds that were previously allocated, then allocate wounds from failed saves

And by previously I mean from another source, you can't heal wounds allocated from different weapons of a single unit

ouch, that sounds bad then. It's not simultaneous.

How about allies and castellant's gryph?

Edited by Raffonerd

2 minutes ago, Raffonerd said:

ouch, that sounds bad then. It's not simultaneous.

How about allies and castellant's gryph?

1 drop, 2 units

I think the part you are concerned with is meant to clearify that by taking allies you don't lose access to Allegiance Abilities

5 minutes ago, Raffonerd said:

I mean if i can or cannot count them as a unit on the field for the allegiance ability.

You can, the rule itself doesn't specify what unit you need to have on the table except that it have to be yours, allied units don't use or benefit from being counted as "your units on the table", no reason to overthink it.

6 minutes ago, XReN said:

You can, the rule itself doesn't specify what unit you need to have on the table except that it have to be yours, allied units don't use or benefit from being counted as "your units on the table", no reason to overthink it.

True, but if you read on the core book it says: they are not included when working out your army's allegiance force .... and cannot use or benefit from your's army allegiance ability.

I just want to be sure, cause in our tournament I've use what you have sayed before but they told me that was not legal.

Edited by Raffonerd

3 minutes ago, Raffonerd said:

True, but if you read on the core book it says: they are not included when working out your army's allegiance force .... and cannot use or benefit from your's army allegiance ability.

I just want to be sure, cause in our tournament I've use what you have sayed before but they told me that was not legal.

To be sure - contact the TO and discuss it before you build your list.

8 hours ago, xking said:

Seriously, it's like who's ever designing the stormcast rules, don't know what they're doing. All of the old war scrolls need to be updated,  liberators should be able to hit, wound  and kill stuff, Vanguard Hunters should be able to charge after riding the wind and Lord celestants should have  multi damage attacks.  And for the love of Sigmar can we have some more rend.

I would even like to see an additional Allegiance ability each, for strike chamber units, extremis chamber units, Vanguard chamber units and sacrosanct chamber units.

We'll never get a "good" SCE update.  If they make SCE good then the very loud minority group of haters will revolt and storm GW HQ.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XReN said:

To be sure - contact the TO and discuss it before you build your list.

Clear. But I would like to know which is the best practise of the rule. I'm on your interpretation btw. 

The thing should be: 1 rule 1 use of it.

Edited by Raffonerd
  • Confused 1

Question on Longstrike Raptors' LongShot ability.

When you use the Anvilguard ability to shoot in the hero phase, does it still apply?

I know it has been discussed before but I couldn't find what the community consensus ended up as and I might be using it soon.

6 minutes ago, Kevin K said:

Question on Longstrike Raptors' LongShot ability.

When you use the Anvilguard ability to shoot in the hero phase, does it still apply?

I know it has been discussed before but I couldn't find what the community consensus ended up as and I might be using it soon.

@PJetski sayed that at the GT he was conviced that range is 30" if they don't move. So in Herophase they have range 30".

@DJMoose so liquid green stuff is worth it then? I've been eyeing it up to fill in some terrible gaps on secondhand models I bought to fix my Soul Wars unit numbers... But I've heard bad reviews about a lot of the pots being dried out (or drying out quickly).

@Kevin K since the hero phase comes before movement I don't think the Longshot ability would activate, only Headshot.

Edited by CommissarRotke