AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 minutes ago, Charly2912 said:

Yeah I was shocked back in the day when i read it. No offense intended - just sayin that the miniature of the destroyer doesnt fit the ruleset of a great taurus. 

I cant see me using him at all, why not using him as https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Skaarac-the-Bloodborn

I mean its the model FW turned the WIP Kdaai Destroyer into (and I am still sad about it 😅)

Damn that's way better but doesn't match the Molten Infernoth aesthetic as well as the Great Taurus does. Oh well...

On 6/3/2019 at 2:06 PM, Andreas said:

I had a really rough weekend with really close matches that didn’t go my way. LoA is of course a swing army with alot of upsides (and downsides) depending on a few dicerolls. We knew that and it is what it is. But I did scramble a lot of points even in defeat. And the team finish in 3rd place which is very good I think.

Solid results mate. 

If LoA got a full book they'd be unstoppable tbf.

I had a really rough weekend with really close matches that didn’t go my way. LoA is of course a swing army with alot of upsides (and downsides) depending on a few dicerolls. We knew that and it is what it is. But I did scramble a lot of points even in defeat. And the team finish in 3rd place which is very good I think.

Solid results mate. 

• Like 1

Solid results mate. 

I am mildly hopeful Chaos will get its Duardin due someday....there's a dwarf in the WarCry Iron Golems group, though it doesn't much resemble Azgorh by Forgeworld.   They have the fluff too; I recall Astragoth being the leader of a different Chaos Dwarf faction than Drazhoath, so they could have little subfactions like all the battletomes.

So I am registered for Las Vegas Open and was seriously wanting to do LoA as my army for it. Last time I went with the new gloomspite and had fun, but this time I want to take my evil dwarfs. Does anyone have any advice on any specifics I should look into? Right now I have the Blackshard Warhost and a Magma Cannon. I am open to any suggestions and price is not overly a concern as I have 6 months to build and paint it all.

I've dusted off some of the old models recently and started to make a list of a balanced force to start testing what I like...

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh

Leaders
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Grotesque 
- Artefact: Black Hammer of Hashut 
Drazhoath the Ashen (320)
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon

Battleline
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (180)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)

Units
6 x K'Daai Fireborn (280)

War Machines
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Magma Cannon (140)
Skullcracker War Engine (200)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Soulsnare Shackles (20)
Suffocating Gravetide (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 126

On 6/5/2019 at 6:35 PM, Gulthuk said:

So I am registered for Las Vegas Open and was seriously wanting to do LoA as my army for it. Last time I went with the new gloomspite and had fun, but this time I want to take my evil dwarfs. Does anyone have any advice on any specifics I should look into? Right now I have the Blackshard Warhost and a Magma Cannon. I am open to any suggestions and price is not overly a concern as I have 6 months to build and paint it all.

How many little guys does your Warhost have?  Can't go wrong with another Magma Cannon and a Daemonsmith to get both better hero sniping range.  Seems like you could fit an Artillery Train and Warhost in one 2K army but not much room for other stuff.   An allied potent wizard is recommendable too perhaps with the new boatman or bridge endless spell(s)…..or Gutrot Spume and 5 Blightkings.  Azgorh needs ways to get across the table and those are what can think of.

43 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

How many little guys does your Warhost have?  Can't go wrong with another Magma Cannon and a Daemonsmith to get both better hero sniping range.  Seems like you could fit an Artillery Train and Warhost in one 2K army but not much room for other stuff.   An allied potent wizard is recommendable too perhaps with the new boatman or bridge endless spell(s)…..or Gutrot Spume and 5 Blightkings.  Azgorh needs ways to get across the table and those are what can think of.

You can also run a bunch of K'daai Fireborn -- good mvt and good damage output

On 6/5/2019 at 5:21 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

I am mildly hopeful Chaos will get its Duardin due someday....there's a dwarf in the WarCry Iron Golems group, though it doesn't much resemble Azgorh by Forgeworld.   They have the fluff too; I recall Astragoth being the leader of a different Chaos Dwarf faction than Drazhoath, so they could have little subfactions like all the battletomes.

They also have multiple mentions as the forgemasters of the chaos forces. Massive forge cities that have a monopoly on daemon forged weapons and armour. They definitely have a place in the realms. 

• Like 1

No point changes of LoA is a little dissappointing, I was hoping to at least see a reduction for drazhoath, he was overcosted before the latest battletomes and is now a joke when compared to verminlords and other similar models. Kinda feels like forgeworld just got lazy and didn't even look at LoA or TH.

6 hours ago, Qrow said:

No point changes of LoA is a little dissappointing, I was hoping to at least see a reduction for drazhoath, he was overcosted before the latest battletomes and is now a joke when compared to verminlords and other similar models. Kinda feels like forgeworld just got lazy and didn't even look at LoA or TH.

Pretty much what you said. The army remains alright from a competitive perspective but I would've appreciated a little help from FW/GW on this one :)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KevenM said:

Pretty much what you said. The army remains alright from a competitive perspective but I would've appreciated a little help from FW/GW on this one :)

Agreed. I'm happy Kdaai fireborn didn't go up in cost, and I'm sad drazhoath didn't go down. I just do find it strange that there are zero changes, I wasn't expecting many, but I did expect more than zero. Especially seeing that, from the sound of it, monstrous arcanum is getting an almost complete cost rework.

Edited by Qrow

The lack of changes point wise really does not hurt us much. I do hope they will look over our allegiance and unit profiles a month or two after the GHB 2019 release though. We really need some more spells even if they only give us a spell list with only 3 spells keeping with the 3 command traits/artifacts theme of our allegiance especially after lizardmen and ironjaws just got their own spell list in the new GHB.

1 minute ago, Qrow said:

Yeah, no point changes at least.

Booooo, I must have missed that. I wasn't sure if they'd just release the updated PDFs for LoA and Monstrous Arcanum on Saturday when GHB drops or the week after (as FW are never on time).

If Monstrous Arcanum is having big changes, I hope it doesn't affect the Chaos Mammoth too much as I've been planning to include one with my little angry dudes :(

11 minutes ago, divineauthority said:

Booooo, I must have missed that. I wasn't sure if they'd just release the updated PDFs for LoA and Monstrous Arcanum on Saturday when GHB drops or the week after (as FW are never on time).

If Monstrous Arcanum is having big changes, I hope it doesn't affect the Chaos Mammoth too much as I've been planning to include one with my little angry dudes :(

I'm low-key hoping that there will be slight changes to some of the LoA units when they release the update. A fools hope, but it could happen.

Im happy with 95% of our roster myself, just not happy with the points/usefulness of drazhoath and the dreadquake. How those two units got cleared without any change in points confuses me.

I'm just going to use Drazhoath as a Sorcerer Lord on Manticore now.   I think he'll have the same results but save me bunches of points.  Frankly all Draz needs is 3+ to hit across the board, his spell has way to high of a casting value, and his Hellshard Amulet? needs to protect against mortal wounds as well as normal wounds.   And even at 300 points he'd be solid then.  Right now he's not  on par with a Verminlord Warpseer, which he is very similar to in battlefield role and stats, etc.

A few more relics and spells, and maybe tweaks to or more battalion choices, and Azgorh would be really really good.  I sure do like the Blackshard Armor Trait.  That makes them very durable.

Entered a 1K Meeting Engagement tourney on Sunday. Here is my list (950pts total so +1 CP):

SpearheadCastellan, 1x10 Fireglaives

Main BodyTaur'ruk, Daemonsmith, 1x10 Fireglaives, 1x10 Ironsworn

Rearguard: 2x Magma Cannon

Edited by Televiper11