AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

Ok, from left to right:

Zombie Dragon (missing the king on top, where is him?)
Vargulf courtier (Giant bat-wolf, brings back ghouls and horrors/flayers)

Crypt flayers (Winged things)

Crypt horrors (flayers without wings)

Then, between them, there are the two courtiers, which are almost identical to them: the Infernal courtier (for flayers) is the one with 4 wings (two big, two small on hi back), the haunter courtier is more open to you, I would choose the second on the second row of horrors.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hope for something fluffy and balanced, nothing imba over the top and hopefully compatible with my recent 2,5k army...

the faq pimped army we have right now is pretty good.

on the other hand I think it was about time for the poor little rats to get some love and I‘m kinda missing a freeguild book more, or classy elves or decently clothed dwarves...

still excited about a new book!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Honk said:

I hope for something fluffy and balanced, nothing imba over the top and hopefully compatible with my recent 2,5k army...

the faq pimped army we have right now is pretty good.

on the other hand I think it was about time for the poor little rats to get some love and I‘m kinda missing a freeguild book more, or classy elves or decently clothed dwarves...

still excited about a new book!!!

It will be very interesting to see what approach they take with the BT, just a consolidation with some tweaks and added stuff, or a complete overhaul.   I hope they keep our core summoning mechanic, I have actually become quite fond of it. 

It would be cool if there was a FEC Keep or some other scenery. What is a King without his Castle!

Plus it is interesting the Hero in the box is actually higher than a ghoul king. I'm also curious if there might even be FEC Queens/Ladies...I mean GW does seem to be on a roll with more mixed gender options (Genestealer Cults got one!) To the FEC, they may look like fair maidens but in reality they're terribly ugly witches and hags!

• Like 1

Thing I would really like is a second battleline option, like ghouls and urghouls or something.

Make the basic ghouls 60-80 points, fec-summonable and remove the reroll 1s rule or use zombie rules to scale with the horde or whatever. Maybe with a funny madness rule, like the zombie rule for the newly dead, but the other way around. Roll a dice for every model from this unit killed in melee combat, on a 6 one model of the attacking unit succumbs to the flesh eating delusion and you may add one model to a fec unit within 6“... plow through us, but you might just loose your mind doing so

Then make some new models slightly bigger with 10/120 or something. Not summonable by courtier but stronger in combat, between ghouls and horrors.

whatever, I hope they expand the range a bit and hopefully add something fluffy and cool, that really gets used in semi-competitive games

26 minutes ago, CanHammer-darren said:

whoa calm down guys. It’s just one of those boxes like khorne and slaanrsh just for. So unless we see more for either of those then it’s not likely they do anything different with this box

It said in the article that there is more to come for both of these factions soon, so I would expect at the very least a new battletome and endless spells for FEC. Hopefully we get lucky and see a plastic Varghulf and maybe another new unit as well. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

It would be cool if there was a FEC Keep or some other scenery. What is a King without his Castle!

Plus it is interesting the Hero in the box is actually higher than a ghoul king. I'm also curious if there might even be FEC Queens/Ladies...I mean GW does seem to be on a roll with more mixed gender options (Genestealer Cults got one!) To the FEC, they may look like fair maidens but in reality they're terribly ugly witches and hags!

Agreed, but I don't want them to be ugly.  Wouldn't be fair. I mean look at the new model. Look at his jawline. 

20 minutes ago, CanHammer-darren said:

It also said that when they spoiled the new slaanrsh khorne box lol

It takes time. Wrath and Rapture was just released about 3 weeks ago.  

The article mentioned in "The new few weeks" So I suspect sometime in February-March. The updated Battletome also would line up with the rumors that several AOS 1.0 factions would be getting updates.  

I have no trouble admitting If I'm wrong, but I think we have enough information (even if some is unconfirmed) that the FEC will get something beyond just the box set.  The extent of the release is yet to be determined, but I think it's a pretty safe bet FEC will get a tome and endless spells. I'd like to see them get a plastic kit or two as well as a terrain piece. 

I'd be honestly surprised if we didn't see a plastic varghulf, a terrain set, and some endless spells, and would be only slightly less surprised if we saw anything more than that in terms of new models.  That said, I have my fingers desperately crossed for separate courtier models.

Regardless of what might be, this new hero who's already been confirmed looks simply fantastic.  I don't know if I'll be able to find a skaven player to split a box with, but if I don't I'll be trolling ebay for him.

• Haha 1

I hope we get battletome, a piece of terrain and cards/endless spells.
What I fear is that they add strange things out of context or that they duplicate models (Regent on TG/ZD similar but better than the GK)

I don't think we will see new models, they would have announced it in a different way, teasing us like for other armies.

2 hours ago, Glaurung said:

I don't think we will see new models, they would have announced it in a different way, teasing us like for other armies.

It could be that FEC and/or Skaven updates won't be for a long while like 3-6 months minimum post box set release I'd say.

Edited by kenshin620
  • Sad 1

Guys,

for me it’s so good to see they care about us. We will have a boxed set, with new character and a new Battletome (let’s hope!).

I already have many things in my FEC army, I just want updated rules, I can wait a lot for them, it’s been two years since Sylvaneth and the “new” books, so another few months won’t make a difference.

However, I think they will come sooner than expected...

• Like 4