AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

2 hours ago, Honk said:

The tides have turned. As Ben showed, if you know what your doing, 3x10 ghouls are horde enough.

not sure how I might pull this off but it is possible ?

Not sure if I’m fooling myself, but there are so many good options to play LoN/FEC semi competitive these days... great to be dead

Yeah I’m thinking of buying a bunch more boxes. FEC must be the cheapest army to collect and seem able to do multiple ok builds. The combined boxes give all the required units (bar varghulf). 

I want to be able to do 4 flappy, royal family, heavy horrors. The only builds I won’t have models for will be mass ghoul (90+) and deadwatch. 

3 minutes ago, XReN said:

Incorrect, only 10 ghouls per SC

Well, that’s a bummer... especially with the courtier drama. after building all 4 sets, games within 1k are possible in almost all variations maybe grab an extra ghoul box.

Then try out what feels like the most fun... charging, I like charging most, and returning slain models  ;-D

I still have my original army box they did that was amazing value 20 ghoul, 9 horror, flappy and varghulf. 

Shame they don’t make it anymore. I’m not a guy whose good with magnets so will just buy more and have separate horrors and flayers. At least with the monsters you just base the GK separately and put him on the monster base if using it mounted. 

My problem is that I not only have hobby ADHD amongst multiple armies but also always want to run different builds within an army. Still I’ve found a way to paint FEC super fast so can quickly get everything ready for different builds. 

—————

On a more tactical note something I want to try is a couple of large horror units (9 each) along with palisade and gravetide using the endless spells to stop people getting good frontage on the horrors so they can regen and grind over several turns.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Reuben Parker said:

On a more tactical note something I want to try is a couple of large horror units (9 each) along with palisade and gravetide using the endless spells to stop people getting good frontage on the horrors so they can regen and grind over several turns.

I should point out that 18 horrors are a good frontage already)

next saturday I have my first tournament game,  I do not know which units I should use  :(

I hope you can help me !

units that I have ;

1x Abhorrant Ghoul King

1x Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist

1x Terrorgheist

65x Crypt Ghouls (inkl. 5 Crypt Ghouls Courtier)

3x Crypt Horrors

3x Crypt Flayers

1x Varghulf Courtier

I thought of the following lineup:

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist + magestic horror

Varghulf Courtier

30 Crypt Ghouls

10 Crypt Ghouls

tactic: i summon with the GK 3 horrors and 3 flayers ....

the following lineup:

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist + magestic horror

Crypt Ghouls Courtier

20 Crypt Ghouls

10 Crypt Ghouls

+Ghoul Patrol

tactic: i summon with the GK 3 horrors and 3 flayers, and with the Courtier I fill up my ghouls ......

but only 20 Ghouls is very risky

I'm running 1500 points vs Khorne today.

Bringing:

GK on TG as General (Majestic Horror, Flayed Pennant)

Crypt Ghast Courtier (Wraithbow)

Varghulf Courtier

AGK on foot

20 x Ghouls

20 x Ghouls

10X Ghouls

Ghoul Patrol

Soulsnare Shackles

Quicksilver Swords

1 Extra Command Point

Delusion: Crusading Army

Since my local meta might force me to face shooty lists, I've been thinking of putting Pennant on crypt ghast, so I would be able to patrol him and maybe unit of ghouls, as well as summoned horrors/flayers and get close and personal with opponent's ranged threats/support heroes very soon or force to deploy closer to boarder.
What are you lads think of it/have anyone performed it?

Edited by XReN

2 minutes ago, XReN said:

Since my local meta might force me to face shooty lists, I've been thinking of putting Pennant on crypt ghast, so I would be able to patrol him and maybe unit of ghouls, as well as summoned horrors/flayers and get close and personal with opponent's ranged threats/support heroes very soon or force to deploy closer to boarder.

2 hours ago, XReN said:

Not tried it yet but do want to in a dual ghoul patrol and royal family build. As you say it either gets right on top of them or forces them to deploy very conservatively. 

That way if wanted I could go double GK, double Varghulf, ghast summoned ghouls and even maybe one unit from the patrol  all on top of them with 6+ re rollable charges. Whilst the rest of the patrol, horrors and GKoZD come up the table. 

As dual battalion can still have brooch for CP and either garland or mortal wound save on the general as access to 3 items. 

Edited by Reuben Parker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, XReN said:

Tried it „back in the days“ ghb16, ended in tears against skyfire spam...also ended in tears as min squads against kharadron.

sooo, generally speaking 20/20/10 could be pretty good. As always unit placement, target choice and tactical acumen needed. If you charge 10 ghouls into a double ballista team unsupported... usual things happen

What you think about this List:

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
Necromancer (110)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 1010 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 53

This is an armylist of a player who makes the first place in a local tournament,  his tactic was that he buff his terrorgheist and killed everything whit it.

but I do not know for what he use the necro, the necro can only his abilities and spells use on summonable units, ghouls are not summonable units,  or do I overlook something ?

The tournament was 4 months ago !

1 hour ago, Diablo said:

he buff his terrorgheist and killed everything whit it.

...the gkotg is pretty strong, if he’s able to pull that off, he doesn’t need the necro to do anything. With realm spells or whatever...

Otherwise i‘m not sure why he fields him. And he’s 10 points over. but that’s just pure speculation. I wouldn’t want to accuse somebody of cheating, just because he fields a necromancer, I’m on the other side of the world for all I know...

On 10/21/2018 at 12:12 AM, Honk said:

...the gkotg is pretty strong, if he’s able to pull that off, he doesn’t need the necro to do anything. With realm spells or whatever...

Otherwise i‘m not sure why he fields him. And he’s 10 points over. but that’s just pure speculation. I wouldn’t want to accuse somebody of cheating, just because he fields a necromancer, I’m on the other side of the world for all I know...

yes, I also think that the player has cheated , I did not see the game myself , but my teammate played in the tournament and he told me about it and he said that the FEC player with all its three wizards buffed the Terrorgheist.

and that he was 10 points over, which is not allowed at the tournament (I asked) , I guess that was not exactly controlled , on saturday i have my first tournament, then i know more, but I think the last place is mine   :D

• Haha 1

The times, when everybody could start violent dancing...are two years gone now.

but otherwise gk black hunger +1 to all melee attacks and the gkozd reroll failed to wound within 10“ makes him pretty nasty. If you‘re really lucky and roll sixes for the maw...first wiff all, then reroll for like quadruple  6s and your opponent will ragequit after 24 unsaveable wounds.

but vanHels only for summonable units...

• Thanks 1

Ahahaa how do you win a tournament with illegal spell targets and an army that is 10 points over the limit? Christ alive MtG might be a scam but at least the events are run with a genuine interest in creating a legitimate competitive environment.

@Diablo Don't worry too much about where you place in your first tourney. The important thing is to focus on which decisions pay off and which ones come back to haunt you. You'll work out your own event-winning list soon enough. That tends to be the way AoS works out; you work out an army full of units you know how to use, and you approach each game with a clear plan. Also, call me crazy, but at 1k I'd rather have a big block of ghouls than lots of small units of ghouls. I like being able to cast Black Hunger on a huge block so that I can wipe anything with my 200 attacks. I also don't like paying for battalions at 1000pts but hey, that's just me. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Diablo said:

and can i with the Royal Family Battalion summon a Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist/ZD ?

If you sell your soul to yourself, they might just put that into the rules...??

best are 40 ghouls, so 3x10 or 20/10 depends on the game and battleline requirements and stuff. Generally speaking more is more, also when the unit US wiped, your courtiers can’t return models so watch out for min size units.

and no, royal family calls in a agk on foot...

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, just getting into FEC... 

To me it seems like a good idea in a 2k list to run all 3 GK variants for the unique spells and the command abilities. Maybe do two CA summons turn 1 and the last one turn 2.  Use the command trait maybe to summon 2 courtiers turn 1.   What's the main reason many of these lists don't seem to run a 3rd GK?

Courtier abilities only return units, this is always vs the starting size of the unit right?  If I add units with ghoul patrol, and some of those extra units die, can not return them right?

I don't wanna go too deep on this army (i.e. don't want 5k models to play every batallion), I will probably start with 3 SC boxes minus a terrorgheist (sell VLoZD to my buddy, keep GK) plus some more ghouls. 

My plan is out of 3 horror/flayer kits, make 1 of each courtier (haunter, infernal, vargulf conversion) and magnetize the other 6 models.  Any tips on this plan?  Kind of a complicated kit with so many options. 

What is the minimum number of ghouls needed for a 2k ghoul patrol army (including summons). For 1k while I am building up I guess I can run heavy horror/flayer lists