Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

1 hour ago, chord said:

I thought blessed weapons didn't explode like that.   I thought it was worded so as a 6 gives you one extra attack total, not that each 6 gives you an extra attack?

For every 6+, immediately roll another attack. So on average an extra 16.67% attacks for whatever unit is blessed. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

For every 6+, immediately roll another attack. So on average an extra 16.67% attacks for whatever unit is blessed. 

It's 6+ or natural 6's? It's the latter in my book.

It makes quite the difference when interacting with buffs.

15 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

I don't think that's how it works.  It's been discussed a lot of TGA.    For any hit rolls of 6+, roll an additional attack.   Meaning you roll 3 6's, you get AN additional attack...roll one 6+ you get AN additional attack.

I totally wish it was for EACH 6+ roll another attack..cause then we would have a better prayer than just Lightning Chariot...

9 minutes ago, AdamR said:

It's also not the way it's been played at any tournament in the history of ever...

I think human nature is to look for ways to gain an advantage over others (not one of humanity's best traits..) so we (including myself) assumed it exploded like others, but even before the FAQ a careful reading shows "an additional attack".  

Hence why Stormcast need a new battletome badly

Actually I'm exactly the opposite - I generally always take the worst possible interpretation then anything else is a bonus. But it honestly never even occurred to me that people could read it as only +1 attack for the whole unit until the linked thread up there. 

Also I can't think of any cases where an ability like that does only grant 1 extra attack regardless of how many sixes are rolled. It makes it a pretty poor prayer, especially when you consider it is one of the harder ones to cast.

11 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Actually I'm exactly the opposite - I generally always take the worst possible interpretation then anything else is a bonus. But it honestly never even occurred to me that people could read it as only +1 attack for the whole unit until the linked thread up there. 

Also I can't think of any cases where an ability like that does only grant 1 extra attack regardless of how many sixes are rolled. It makes it a pretty poor prayer, especially when you consider it is one of the harder ones to cast.

Yeah...after seeing the discussion and re-reading it... RAW is only one attack.

Poor stormcast

I

24 minutes ago, chord said:

Yeah...after seeing the discussion and re-reading it... RAW is only one attack.

Poor stormcast

I'm not convinced! RAW could easily go either way, hence all the discussion. GAP I've never seen other than 6's generate extra attackS.

5 minutes ago, AdamR said:

I

I'm not convinced! RAW could easily go either way, hence all the discussion. GAP I've never seen other than 6's generate extra attackS.

I wish it was that way....but Any hit rolls of 6+ generate AN extra attack   AN gives you the single attack.  Any refers to 1 or more 6's 

4 hours ago, chord said:

I don't think that's how it works.  It's been discussed a lot of TGA.    For any hit rolls of 6+, roll an additional attack.   Meaning you roll 3 6's, you get AN additional attack...roll one 6+ you get AN additional attack.

I totally wish it was for EACH 6+ roll another attack..cause then we would have a better prayer than just Lightning Chariot...

I can't believe there's even contention on this one. I've never seen, nor even heard of, someone who plays it "if any rolls of 6+, single extra attack". That would make the ability so monumentally garbage that I can't imagine anyone even playtesting it. A 50/50 chance to grant a unit a 1/6 shot at a single extra attack? Yikes. 

The exact quote says "for any hit rolls of 6 or more...immediately roll another attack" - it does not say "if any hit rolls". The phrase "for any" should probably read "for every", but to me (and I think every other tournament player I've ever seen), it's clearly synonymous with "for every". Also, the wording "roll another attack" indicates the allowance of multiple usages.

I'm not a rules expert, but I've never considered it to be ruled the other way, and have no experience with it being taken as such. 

8 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

I can't believe there's even contention on this one. I've never seen, nor even heard of, someone who plays it "if any rolls of 6+, single extra attack". That would make the ability so monumentally garbage that I can't imagine anyone even playtesting it. A 50/50 chance to grant a unit a 1/6 shot at a single extra attack? Yikes. 

The exact quote says "for any hit rolls of 6 or more...immediately roll another attack" - it does not say "if any hit rolls". The phrase "for any" should probably read "for every", but to me (and I think every other tournament player I've ever seen), it's clearly synonymous with "for every". Also, the wording "roll another attack" indicates the allowance of multiple usages.

I'm not a rules expert, but I've never considered it to be ruled the other way, and have no experience with it being taken as such. 

Agreed as written (and ruled by the GW FAQ)  Its garbage.    Given all the other garbage in the SCE battle tome I wonder how well it was playtested.

9 minutes ago, chord said:

Agreed as written (and ruled by the GW FAQ)  Its garbage.    Given all the other garbage in the SCE battle tome I wonder how well it was playtested.

I think it's just a twist in language from whomever wrote that errata answer. The question wasn't specifically asked about "how does Bless Weapon work", it was for stacking multiple unrelated buff abilities.

Nice to learn something new, but I will continue to play it the "correct" way (not that I was using anything but Lightning Chariot anyway), and would expect any logical person to do the same. 

On 5/3/2018 at 10:03 PM, PJetski said:

Has anyone made a cool conversion for their Lord Celestant on foot? I'm not a big fan of that sculpt

Here's mine. Currently re-painting it because my level was awful at those times

celestant resoclé.png

Archived