Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

8 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

AoStorm is going to do more damage.  If you have the points AoStorm+Volturnous would be the best bet for damage dealing.  The leviadon can soak up some damage but your Namarti are probably as good at it with models getting returned.

Unfortunately Storm + Volt puts me 20 points over otherwise that would be what I would run. The only combos that fit are Volt+Turtle or King+Storm.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mmimzie said:

Also things that are stupidly strong:
Fuethan tidecaster uses command ability to flip the tide -> that new at the double to make your eels move 20 inch" and then charge turn 1. Then have a few kings use thier command abilities to buff up a unit???

Wonde if the rule of 1 will be in effect or not for command abilities, and how stacking will work.  Even then you could bring vulturnous and a regular king and just plow threw stuff on turn 2 with your high tide.  9 or 12 Morrsarr guard with 4 attacks each...... mmmmmmmm thats pretty fantastic. 

Pretty sure our book has the wording "if xxxxx is your general" for that exact reason. Having turn 2 high tide with battle line eels and Volty buffing would be grossly strong. 

2 hours ago, Drofnum said:

AoStorm is going to do more damage.  If you have the points AoStorm+Volturnous would be the best bet for damage dealing.  The leviadon can soak up some damage but your Namarti are probably as good at it with models getting returned.

2 hours ago, Reezark_SP said:

Unfortunately Storm + Volt puts me 20 points over otherwise that would be what I would run. The only combos that fit are Volt+Turtle or King+Storm.

Actually I take it back if I run 30 Thralls in one unit instead of 20 and 10 in two units the discount I get will allow me to run Voltrunos + Storm :D

That would put me at 1960 points... wonder if there is anything that can be done with those extra 40 points??? I guess a Black Ark Fleetmaster fits and at least looks like he kind of belongs lol!

2 hours ago, Keggers said:

Pretty sure our book has the wording "if xxxxx is your general" for that exact reason. Having turn 2 high tide with battle line eels and Volty buffing would be grossly strong. 

Yeah as I had added to my post. Seems you either get early high tide or a super buffed high tide. 

4 hours ago, mmimzie said:

Yeah as I had added to my post. Seems you either get early high tide or a super buffed high tide. 

I guess it depends on where you want to lay your eggs. As much as I'd love to have ASF on turn 2, I'd much rather cause pure chaos in turn 3. Just gotta camp behind the turtle and play safe at first. Magic snipes are going to be my biggest fear. 

1 hour ago, Keggers said:

I guess it depends on where you want to lay your eggs. As much as I'd love to have ASF on turn 2, I'd much rather cause pure chaos in turn 3. Just gotta camp behind the turtle and play safe at first. Magic snipes are going to be my biggest fear. 

Yeah couls reduce the magic sniped by keeping morrsarr and king off the table for turn 1 and 2.  

11 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

Yeah couls reduce the magic sniped by keeping morrsarr and king off the table for turn 1 and 2.  

So instead of two tidecasters, replace one with a scryer and combine the 3 units of morrsar and just deepstrike em all in on turn 3?  ?Could be interesting, I'd be tempted to test it out.

Volty General

Tidecaster

Soulscryer

2 Allopex

1x9 Morrsar

2x3 Ishlaen

Leviadon

Akhelian Corp

Can I deploy units in a battalion in the aethersea (with the scryer) at the same time as dropping the rest of the Akhelian Corp??

22 hours ago, mmimzie said:

You need 2-4 separate units of akeliean guard to qualify for the corp.

Edit: which obviously you have via your formating ^.~ clearly <.<

Yea sorry, all units were minimum size and I’m lazy typing on my iPad. 

3 hours ago, Keggers said:

So instead of two tidecasters, replace one with a scryer and combine the 3 units of morrsar and just deepstrike em all in on turn 3?  ?Could be interesting, I'd be tempted to test it out.

Volty General

Tidecaster

Soulscryer

2 Allopex

1x9 Morrsar

2x3 Ishlaen

Leviadon

Akhelian Corp

Can I deploy units in a battalion in the aethersea (with the scryer) at the same time as dropping the rest of the Akhelian Corp??

Yeah. You deploy the s cryer first. Then the akeliean corp and declare they are you going in the aethersea. 

Unlike other similar mechanics. The units deploying with a scryer don't all deploy at once the scryer and his attendants are all each individual drops. 

9 hours ago, Sactownbri said:

Has anyone build a Leviadon without the howdah? I think it looks pretty badass with a strong Dune vibe with just the Akelian rider. Not sure how I’m going to finish this one off on my final assembly... thoughts?

B044EC8D-FB2C-4A90-AF8B-9D24D6179DA5.jpeg

I just have mine in two separate parts right now, did the basecoating last night.  I think the way to go is to assemble two distinct parts and paint them as such, then combine.

I need final purchase advice.

So far I have:

Volturnous, Aspect of Sea, Tidecaster, 20x Thralls, and 9x Eels.

I'm going to get 3 more boxes of something. My initial thought was to get another 9x Eels, but part of me really wants at least 1 Shark (I mean I really want 2 but...)

So anyway, no matter how hard I squint, I can't find a way to justify a shark for competitive purposes, and 9 more Eels seem the "smart" choice.

Does anyone have a competitive rationale for Allopexes? 2?

And assuming not, and I run 18x eels, what is the consensus on how many to model as Offensive vs. Defensive? I think magnetizing looks too tough for these guys.    

9 hours ago, Sactownbri said:

Has anyone build a Leviadon without the howdah? I think it looks pretty badass with a strong Dune vibe with just the Akelian rider. Not sure how I’m going to finish this one off on my final assembly... thoughts?

B044EC8D-FB2C-4A90-AF8B-9D24D6179DA5.jpeg

This looks sweet.  The only way to finish it would be much smaller and separate "decks" for the two harpoon launchers and the void drummer. But I'm afraid no matter how you did that it would crowd his back and you'd lose the Dune vibe.  

I don't have the kit, but maybe you can mount the two launchers somewhere unmanned? (unelved?) - so you have just two riders (who sometimes stear and drum, and sometimes fire the harpoons????? 

1 hour ago, annarborhawk said:

I need final purchase advice.

So far I have:

Volturnous, Aspect of Sea, Tidecaster, 20x Thralls, and 9x Eels.

I'm going to get 3 more boxes of something. My initial thought was to get another 9x Eels, but part of me really wants at least 1 Shark (I mean I really want 2 but...)

So anyway, no matter how hard I squint, I can't find a way to justify a shark for competitive purposes, and 9 more Eels seem the "smart" choice.

Does anyone have a competitive rationale for Allopexes? 2?

And assuming not, and I run 18x eels, what is the consensus on how many to model as Offensive vs. Defensive? I think magnetizing looks too tough for these guys.    

I'd personally maggnetive them. It's not too hard. With the right bit and magnet, and at worst you can glue it together later if you hate how it turns out. 

Defensive eels are definitly super good. How ever defensive eels aren't particularly more durable than morrsarr eith out defensive buffs like cover or mystic shield, and even then only against attack with rend. With the change to mystic shield just being a reroll, it's not as amazing on them (still good though ). 

Morrsarr pack a real punch on the charge  and that on top of thier once per game zap.  If you care about durability than either stacking -1 to hit spells on your opponents army or Nautilar barrier spell can get you in a good spot durability wise. Also looking at the new edition soaking the kings command ability on a big unit of morrsarr seems very explosive damage wise. 

Anyone worrys about summon free on new rules??? I`m finishing my idoneth army and I see low number of minis for a 2k army so with the summon thing things will go harder maybe.

I know Idoneth have been designed thinking on the new rules but maybe I'm just jealous I wanna summon things, and I have nighthaunt, SCE, wanderers and Sylvaneth but I just wanted to summon things on Idoneth, and I think it's viable thinking on calling them to the aethersea...

Maybe ally with sylvaneth will help :S

18 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Anyone worrys about summon free on new rules??? I`m finishing my idoneth army and I see low number of minis for a 2k army so with the summon thing things will go harder maybe.

I know Idoneth have been designed thinking on the new rules but maybe I'm just jealous I wanna summon things, and I have nighthaunt, SCE, wanderers and Sylvaneth but I just wanted to summon things on Idoneth, and I think it's viable thinking on calling them to the aethersea...

Maybe ally with sylvaneth will help :S

My speculation is that Order armies w/o summoning will be able to "summon" SCE units by praying to Sigmar for aide, or somesuch.  It was actually a rule in the original hardback Age of Sigmar book - but that was before points and the General's Handbook - so the rule was never used or available in Match Play. 

Another funny thing is that that book also had specific rules for battles fought on the "Brimstone Peninsula" in one of the Realms and said that future rules would cover battles in other Realms.  Not that many people bought that first book, but it's amazing to see us come full-circle back to those ideas in 2d edition. 

1 minute ago, annarborhawk said:

My speculation is that Order armies w/o summoning will be able to "summon" SCE units by praying to Sigmar for aide, or somesuch.  It was actually a rule in the original hardback Age of Sigmar book - but that was before points and the General's Handbook - so the rule was never used or available in Match Play. 

Another funny thing is that that book also had specific rules for battles fought on the "Brimstone Peninsula" in one of the Realms and said that future rules would cover battles in other Realms.  Not that many people bought that first book, but it's amazing to see us come full-circle back to those ideas in 2d edition. 

That sounds great. I'm thinking too on the possibility to summon SCE for any order faction. On the faction focus SCE it seems the new guy (lord Arcanum I think, the one on the mount) could heal and return SCE to battle so maybe he can summon SCE. And they said Branchwraith has a tweak on his magic ability so I think she will be able to summon some sylvaneth as alarielle can, maybe only driads or driads and revenants (would be great)... we will see.

Btw all things u said they mention on that rulebook is great

@Hoseman yeah I think we might have a good shot of having some summoning we can ally in.

Also I'm wonder if eather vortexs might be the common name for those new semi summonable spells, like that fire ball thing or the Pokemon. Potentially if that's the case ID armies could get two free ones at the start of the game.  Just a guess and a small hope. 

Then apart from that we have some crazy command ability spam power in the for of kings soaking thier command ability turn 3. Which kind of lines morrsarr up to be our primo damage dealing unit as giving them 3,4, 5 more attacks per profile will be army destroying. Heck with buying just 1 cp and waiting till turn 3, to get 4 uses of the command abilitt, a single morrsarr guard can almost kill a while 5 man squad of liberaters. Which I think will be our own personal form of cheese. 

Outside of that though my one concern is how do thralls hold up in 2.0. Potentially using soul renders in morrphan to act as walls to protect morrsarr?? They could get buffed up by a king as well, but those +1 attacks aren't ad bonkers on units of thralls because it hard to get enough model in fighting range. 

2 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

Then apart from that we have some crazy command ability spam power in the for of kings soaking thier command ability turn 3. Which kind of lines morrsarr up to be our primo damage dealing unit as giving them 3,4, 5 more attacks per profile will be army destroying. Heck with buying just 1 cp and waiting till turn 3, to get 4 uses of the command abilitt, a single morrsarr guard can almost kill a while 5 man squad of liberaters. Which I think will be our own personal form of cheese. 

Are you suggesting a King (if you save command points) can activate his command ability multiple times on the same turn?  (So on Turn 3, Volturnous hands out +3 attacks to 3 units!?) . I didn't read the command point rule that way....  

26 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

I think stacking the same command ability will not be possible the same as making the same magic with the same wizard is not possible.

Namarti should be summonable...

They actually said that you could use the same command ability multiple times, but I believe you will need to have it be sourced from multiple models.  That said, if Volturnos could be taken multiple times....pretty sure I would do it.  He is a giant beat stick and if I could stack that ability 3x on turn 3 on 3 units of Morrsarr....GOODNESS

1 hour ago, Hoseman said:

I think stacking the same command ability will not be possible the same as making the same magic with the same wizard is not possible.

Namarti should be summonable...

I'm thinking you can fro. Reading the nagash faction focus:

"an essential part of your strategies. It gets better when you consider that you can use the same command ability multiple times in the same turn"

and I think it can even be the same person using the command ability all those times as the one they refer to right below can only be used by your general. 

it could be that only generals can spam thier command abilities. 

1 hour ago, Luke1705 said:

They actually said that you could use the same command ability multiple times, but I believe you will need to have it be sourced from multiple models.  That said, if Volturnos could be taken multiple times....pretty sure I would do it.  He is a giant beat stick and if I could stack that ability 3x on turn 3 on 3 units of Morrsarr....GOODNESS

Actualy the one they reference when they said that could only be used by your general. Meaning it was the same model using the same command ability multiple times. Perhaps only generals can spam.

2 hours ago, Luke1705 said:

If you take Akhelian Corp you get 2 command points per turn. So that's a potential 6 buffs across 3 Morrsar on turn 3. ? 

We'll need to wait and see how the new edition turns out because this would feel like mega cheese. 

5 minutes ago, Keggers said:

If you take Akhelian Corp you get 2 command points per turn. So that's a potential 6 buffs across 3 Morrsar on turn 3. ? 

We'll need to wait and see how the new edition turns out because this would feel like mega cheese. 

You get 1 per turn and a bonus point for the battalion to start the game.  You dont get 2 per turn just for adding a battalion.

Archived