Legions of Nagash FAQ Compilation Thread.

yarrickson

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would expect GW to errata ceaseless vigil to say before allocating a wound to Nagash instead of when so that you don't get double deathless, Morikhane and eben-wrought against mortal wounds.  Never know though, they could just say heck with it, he's 800 points, he can have it.

I would like to contribute the following. 

1) Can the Sepulchral Guard warscroll be taken in a "Legions of Nagash" army? 

2) For the Legion of Sacrament it states "All wizards in a Legion of Sacrament army know one additional spell from one of the Lores of the Dead." Does this mean for instance a Necromancer in a Legion of Sacrament army would generate 1 spell from the Lores of the Dead, or two?  

56 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

I would like to contribute the following. 

1) Can the Sepulchral Guard warscroll be taken in a "Legions of Nagash" army? 

2) For the Legion of Sacrament it states "All wizards in a Legion of Sacrament army know one additional spell from one of the Lores of the Dead." Does this mean for instance a Necromancer in a Legion of Sacrament army would generate 1 spell from the Lores of the Dead, or two?  

Well I can answer 2) for you now. As a Deathmage the Necromancer gets to know one spell from the Lore of the Deathmages because he is in the Legion of Sacrament. He has no innate ability granting him another. Save for the Dark Acolyte Command Trait I also see no other way to change that.

Guy for exemple necromancer and wight King got ability to heal d3 wounds to a summonable unit near. Can i use that ability two Times in the Same turn?(one time for wight King and 1 for necro, obviously if i have an unit near that heroes) or i can use that ability one time per turn?thx for help:)

With Deathly Invocation, say 1 model had a wound missing, and a 2 wound model was dead, on a roll of 3, can you heal one wound, then as no wounds are now allocated to the unit, revive the 2 wound model with the remaining 2 points? Or is it, before the roll, choose a unit. If there are wounds on it, you can only heal. If there are no wounds, you can revive?

Spoiler

Deathly Invocation: At the start of your hero phase, pick up to X different friendly SUMMONABLE units on the battlefield. You can heal D3 wounds that have been allocated to each unit you picked (roll separately for each unit). If no wounds are currently allocated to a unit you picked, you may instead return a number of slain models to it that have a combined Wounds characteristic equal to or less than the roll of a D3.

Also, does anyone think its funny that the nighthaunt Tomb Banshee has an ability that scales off enemy bravery, but no Nighthaunt units can affect bravery when the majority of GA death units can?

38 minutes ago, ZephyrExia said:

Also, does anyone think its funny that the nighthaunt Tomb Banshee has an ability that scales off enemy bravery, but no Nighthaunt units can affect bravery when the majority of GA death units can?

I guess as far as GW is concerned, it's another reason to run one of the mixed Legions?

Another good question is; what is the intended footprint of a Gravesite? The warscroll cards have a token for them, but the rules say 'you may put a suitable marker', so what size should they be if I want to model them? It's kind of important, as 9" of a grave site can vary drastically. Is a Garden of Morr a suitable marker? Is one of the tombs from the same kit a more appropriate size? 

Do Gravesites block line of sight? Do gravesites count as terrain pieces in regards to abilities like Nurgle's 'The Burgeoning'  or 'Tainted Corruptor' abilities, or are they not regarded as part of the table?

7 hours ago, yarrickson said:

Well I can answer 2) for you now. As a Deathmage the Necromancer gets to know one spell from the Lore of the Deathmages because he is in the Legion of Sacrament. He has no innate ability granting him another. Save for the Dark Acolyte Command Trait I also see no other way to change that.

So the Legion of Sacrament is the only way to access either of the two new lores? That seems off to me.

3 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

So the Legion of Sacrament is the only way to access either of the two new lores? That seems off to me.

Grand host of Nagash and all three legions grant any wizards in them a spell from the lore corresponding to their keyword.  

Now I assume the answer here is no, but you can always make the Knight of Shrouds your general, but the 4 Legions say that if you include their named character then they must be the general.

So. If you have a Legion’s named character and a Knight of Shrouds in your army, can you make the Knight of Shrouds your general?

(I assume the “must be your general” overrides “can always be your general” so you can’t do this. Will certainly play it that way but there’s a little bit of ambiguity in there that would be good to get clarity on).

2 hours ago, ZephyrExia said:

Another good question is; what is the intended footprint of a Gravesite? The warscroll cards have a token for them, but the rules say 'you may put a suitable marker', so what size should they be if I want to model them? It's kind of important, as 9" of a grave site can vary drastically. Is a Garden of Morr a suitable marker? Is one of the tombs from the same kit a more appropriate size? 

Do Gravesites block line of sight? Do gravesites count as terrain pieces in regards to abilities like Nurgle's 'The Burgeoning'  or 'Tainted Corruptor' abilities, or are they not regarded as part of the table?

4 hours ago, ZephyrExia said:

The intended footprint is specified in the rules for the gravesites. 'A Point' on the battlefield. You may place a marker over the point but I'd suggest painting a dot in the middle point of your marker as that is what you'll need to measure from, not the outer edge of whatever elaborate cemetery piece you've modelled.

It also says you may place 'a marker', not a scenery piece, so it does not interact with any of the other things you've mentioned. Different wording entirely to the Feculent Gnarlmaw and Sylvaneth Wyldwood rules.

1 hour ago, stickybluetoffee said:

Now I assume the answer here is no, but you can always make the Knight of Shrouds your general, but the 4 Legions say that if you include their named character then they must be the general.

So. If you have a Legion’s named character and a Knight of Shrouds in your army, can you make the Knight of Shrouds your general?

(I assume the “must be your general” overrides “can always be your general” so you can’t do this. Will certainly play it that way but there’s a little bit of ambiguity in there that would be good to get clarity on).

Feels like a situation where a specific rule overrides a general rule. But I'll add that to the list as it could be clearer. 

One that's cropped up elsewhere this morning is using Ageless Cunning to outflank a death hero into range of a gravesite marker then using the Unquiet Dead to bring on a summonable unit. Both appear to be 'end of movement phase' abilities so again it could be made clearer what the intent there is. 

15 hours ago, TheKingInYellow said:

How does ceaseless vigil interact with Skarbrands carnage rule.  It says no saves can be made nor abilities that reduce or negate damage but ceaseless vigil does neither, it reallocates it.

I would definitely lean toward whoever gets hit takes the damage.  Carnage is almost impossible to use effectively so I highly doubtful there's a way to avoid it.  

I think intent was 'no funny business-you're taking the damage.'

13 hours ago, ZephyrExia said:

With Deathly Invocation, say 1 model had a wound missing, and a 2 wound model was dead, on a roll of 3, can you heal one wound, then as no wounds are now allocated to the unit, revive the 2 wound model with the remaining 2 points? Or is it, before the roll, choose a unit. If there are wounds on it, you can only heal. If there are no wounds, you can revive?

Reveal hidden contents

Deathly Invocation: At the start of your hero phase, pick up to X different friendly SUMMONABLE units on the battlefield. You can heal D3 wounds that have been allocated to each unit you picked (roll separately for each unit). If no wounds are currently allocated to a unit you picked, you may instead return a number of slain models to it that have a combined Wounds characteristic equal to or less than the roll of a D3.

That's another question. Do LoN warscrolls replace GA Death warscrolls. They kept all the right keywords.

On 2/10/2018 at 6:34 AM, Sception said:

Can the Legion of Blood, Legion of Night, and Legion of Sacrament battalions be taken in a Grand Host of Nagash army?

Right now RAW seems yes, but I've gotten some pushback over the table, so official confirmation would be nice.

I don't think it can unfortunately.  

GHB:  "An army can have a specific allegiance if all starting units and warscroll batallions in the army have the keyword for the allegiance..."

And:  "All units in a warscroll batallion are considered to have the allegiance noted above the title on the warscroll."

2 minutes ago, Lemon Knuckles said:

I don't think it can unfortunately.  

GHB:  "An army can have a specific allegiance if all starting units and warscroll batallions in the army have the keyword for the allegiance..."

The only way around this would be if a batallion is considered a "unit" and thus covered by the disclaimer in the opening paragraph of each Legion.

Point 4 allows it, and that is the way they have been run for awhile. Everchosen includes several Everchosen battalions that are impossible to run with Everchosen units for example. Its the reason why you see Fatesworn Warband run in StD, DoT, and GA:C lists.

image1.JPG.b104639ba887eea61d9a9a72b22db

4 minutes ago, deynon said:

About Coven Throne: it will gain the effect of the command trait (and simliar ones) Walking Dath for all her attacks or only a part of them and why?

That remains to be FAQ'd; if it only applies to the Vampire Queen, its considerably less powerful, but if its the entire Throne, it is incredibly strong. But I assume they'll just limit it to the Vampire Queen.

Archived