points leak for new units

Jgregs

Scroll leaked like a week ago, much of the allegiance abilities are known.  I dont have a personal opinion on it, havent paid much attention to it as I never cared much for vampires (where's my Wight King on Zombie Dragon?), but enough is out for those who have been paying attention to form informed opinions on this unit's point costs.

Less clear are the values of the formations.  Most are cheaper than i expected, but without rule text its hard to say if they're cheap enough.  I want to like the first cohort, but its the most expensive one.  On the other hand, sacrament should be decent regardless at that low points value.

Im still disappointed that thete arent more formations.  I would have loved a super formation for huge games with Nagash and all three mortarchs in it working together, maybe allowing them to all use their command abilities at the same time.  Oh, well.  Maybe next time around, in another two or three years.

I'm genuinely surprised at formation prices. I was expecting 200+ like nurgle has but those seem quite fair point values. With that said, we have no real context to work with, but considering how good some artifacts seem plus ability to deploy your army faster, that 70 p formation has to be really terrible not to see any play.

Is it just me or is Nagash ridiculously good now. He is still 800 p and will be able to cast 8 good spells a turn without real effort. No one can stop his casting and he is hard to kill. Earlier I used to ignore him and win but now that will not be an option anymore. I think he is to strong. 

7 minutes ago, Sigwarus said:

Is it just me or is Nagash ridiculously good now. He is still 800 p and will be able to cast 8 good spells a turn without real effort. No one can stop his casting and he is hard to kill. Earlier I used to ignore him and win but now that will not be an option anymore. I think he is to strong. 

I have been thinking the same. It will be interesting to see how it turn out in practice.

9 minutes ago, shadowseercB said:

Well this is the first time I'm seeing it. It looks like skeletons are at 30 points. And cap at 280 for 40. Is anyone else able to make out what it says? I'm not sure.

That can't be right xD

I'm guessing they are still 80 but their pts are quite unreadable

10 minutes ago, shadowseercB said:

Well this is the first time I'm seeing it. It looks like skeletons are at 30 points. And cap at 280 for 40. Is anyone else able to make out what it says? I'm not sure.

30 points wouldnt make sense as that would put 40 at 120 points.  Looks more like 80 per 10 with a massive regiment discount for 280 points for 40.

1 hour ago, angrycontra said:

I'm genuinely surprised at formation prices. I was expecting 200+ like nurgle has but those seem quite fair point values. With that said, we have no real context to work with, but considering how good some artifacts seem plus ability to deploy your army faster, that 70 p formation has to be really terrible not to see any play.

Yeah, I expected much worse.  Then again, the legion formations all make a special character your general and as such eat your command trait, so maybe there's some points discount built in as compensation?

The sacrament formation almost can't be bad, but despite loving arkhan im most hopeful for the first cohort.  160 is a lot, but still much less than I expected, and it looks to be potentially a quite playable 2k to 2.5k army in a single formation (plus maybe a couple necromancers to give nagash a couple extra spell options).

1 hour ago, Sigwarus said:

I think it depends on the final text of his formation and the new spells, but i always thought nagash was a decent spell list and some shooting protection away from a real competitive presence, and hey, would you look at that.

9 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Skeletons (along with everything else I can tell) are unchanged. 80/280 is what they are at present

Zombie Dragon and Terrorgheist dropped 20 points from what they are in Azyr.  Thats the only change i can see.

Spells arent as amazing as i might have hoped (good debuffs, low damage, very little buffing), so nagash doesnt gain quite as much from them as wild flights of fancy might have suggested, especially as there's no way to run Nagash in a Legion list while making Arkhan the general.  But he still gains a lot, and the protection from his formation, 3+ to pass any wounds including mortals to the ghast unit, is better than I could have hoped, so first cohort lists might actually be a competitive thing, though model count and mobility will be an issue.

Archived