New Aelves

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Killax said:

:P People should stop wondering that now.

This isn't to say it will forever be there but I still don't get where the idea comes from that it should be different. 

Order isn't just Stormcast but I guess due to the many Stormcast releases people have stopped seeing the difference ;) 

I was secretly hoping for storm of chaos cult of slaanesh. Any one remember these old rules? http://rosters.mysteria.cz/ostatni/download/SoC - Cult of Slaanesh.pdf

Image result for cult of slaanesh

To have my face melted off this early in the morning. The models are freakin' awesome. Morathi looks pretty damn sexy for a being that is multiple of thousands of years old. 

But now I am super sad that I went in on 40k this year, guess I need to start saving again and strip off my Blood Throne and sisters for a repaint D:

Ok so will know that it'll  probably be 3 kits release - Morathi box, Harpies box, Meduses box, then Witch Aelves kit + Shrine kit + Doomfire kit - that's a lot of options 10 options + leaders 

I guess with leaders it would be something like :

Morathi as two entries or one that can change form 

Death Hag 

Sorceress or some kinf of spellcasting hero maybe it will be possible to assemble one out of Harpies/Meduses box

Assassin/Tenebrael 

1 hour ago, Jamopower said:

Doomfire warlocks are still in. Not all daughters then :)

Great looking minis all the way.

Well.... Not all Blades of Khorne units carry Blades either. ;)  It's just in the name, the Warlocks are also too cool to skip and in addition a compelete abscence of a particular genderis actually what GW is working to remove. Which is only a great evolution for their wargaming lines.

44 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

I was secretly hoping for storm of chaos cult of slaanesh. Any one remember these old rules? http://rosters.mysteria.cz/ostatni/download/SoC - Cult of Slaanesh.pdf

I get the fanbase for it! At the same time though, as mentioned elsewhere too, it's actually good to not have AoS be as Chaos orientated. Because the only logical outcome of such narrative designs is that Chaos wins again just like with WFB.

In that same vein it's a good thing that so far we havn't seen traitor Stormcast. The flaw that ripples in 40k's Chaos 'influences' is that no matter how you try to curb the narrative your forced to work with an outcome that stagnates the lore again. Because there are only two options and it makes it so sad because it keeps the Xenos part a largely irrelevant backpart for 40k. 

What I deem good lore is to have several contenders be capable to operate on same levels of strenght. The fact that Morathi and Malerion have captured Slaanesh means that their combined powers are indeed capable to stop Chaos. This means that even Khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle arn't safe. Which creates a design perspective that is miles better as WFB's all powerful Chaos Gods.

This is comming from a guy who plays Chaos since the 90's and never really stopped. I love the patheon but what I don't love is a narrative that is abscent of contention. 

4 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

So there are

- Spear wielding Harpies and hand weapon armied Harpies

- Meduses wielding bows and another version with Spears

- Meduse hero I guess?

- so both Morathi models did not look much apart 

We’ve only seen one of the Morathi models in full, and the tail of the monster version. And I think the Medusa hero is just the unit champion. 

11 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

So there are

- Spear wielding Harpies and hand weapon armied Harpies

- Meduses wielding bows and another version with Spears

- Meduse hero I guess?

- so both Morathi models did not look much apart 

Yep pretty much summed up. Here are the shots of the new units, which are quite a lot!

"Spear Harpies"
image.png.c0d64f0a03a20f9f17acea5da71463c6.png

"Sword and Shield Harpies"
image.png.40192858577725dc1c16e735c52fc51e.png

"Spear Medusa"
image.png.45aefe71794de3057f12302569f10cea.png

"Bow Medusa"
image.png.3d5cbd91ec796fd0e3ed58c2d7b0bcc3.png

"Small Morathi"
image.png.f7bc97d346dcee0c7166378f0a7e1a79.png

"Big Morathi *teaser*
image.png.7e9ff40e84d2bd1b5c690ba7054b7ea6.png

I suspect several Heroes will also be available to make from this kit basically. Have the Warhammer Quest Dark Elf with a Warscroll update and in general I expect more Warscroll updates and the likes.

Technically 7-8 new units, likely packed in 3-5 boxes/blisters :) 

Cheers,

Yep that's possible that it's champion but they got to have 3-4 leaders there is Morathi, Hag so I guess Assassin and Sorceress are quite safe bets (as Assassins were always Khaine guys raised by Witch Elves and they need some kind of spellcasters) so it's possible that with Doomfire Warlocks being in, whole Shadowblades faction will be folded into DoK. Also having Assassin in there could mean Tenebrael as well as named hero :D 

39 minutes ago, Charles said:

I wonder if that little dragon will have rules like the beast claw hunting bird, or like the Kharadron drill bird.

Do think so. At least I expect a bonus to shooting and all that. In addition I think it's a really wicked release and as before I really like that GW has shown that Order isn't all good guys who are beautiful shining gold :P 

It also solves a lot of Rumour engine stuff:
RumourEngine-Dec12-1hex.jpgRumourEngine-Nov14hcsv.jpgRumourEngine-Oct31.jpgRumourEngineOct24.jpg(harpy tail)
RumourEngine-Sep191jd.jpgRumourEngineMar22-320x320.jpg

Some guesses (parts):
RumourEngine-Jan16-1urs.jpgJan2-RumourEngine1yrcls.jpgRumourEngine-Nov21-Image1ursv.jpg

Keep in mind though, I think we will see more new Aelves as "just" this. 

I'm so happy right now that I've found my army !

The naga dual kit did it for me. Now we have a cool theme with a lot more diverse option than Ironjawz for exemple as DoK have Ranged units, Monster, flying infantry, cavalry....and Morathi ! GW has improved in the way of tying together ancient and new kits from early AoS.

@Killax Thank you for pointing it. It'll be nice if there is a post for all the Rumor Engine pictures already solved, in a way to have more clarity about it.  Anyway this release solves a lot (adding the little baby dragon). The only one I'm not agreeing with you is besides the serpent's belly (naga) which is Custodes on motojet for 40k.

sorry for my english.

8 minutes ago, Harioch said:

The only one I'm not agreeing with you is besides the serpent's belly (naga) which is Custodes on motojet for 40k.

sorry for my english.

You mean the flowing hair is from the Custodes? Could very well be possible. But that Medusa/Naga belly isn't on those jets :D 

Custodes-Jetbikes-2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

The witch elf kit is what, 4 years old, hardly an ancient kit. We still have zombies and orc boyz around :)

Yeah by "ancient" i meant pre-AoS sorry :D

1 minute ago, Killax said:

You mean the flowing hair is from the Custodes? Could very well be possible. But that Medusa/Naga belly isn't on those jets :D 

My bad, I wanted to say "below"...:$

1 minute ago, LeeM said:

Wowsa! 

Are these likely to be a small Elite  army, or will I need 100+ models? 

Medium sized most likely, you'll like the Infantry for Battleline purposes and then supplement with Cauldron, Monster units (now) and Heroes. 

So I don't think 100+ but nearing 100 is certainly an option so far.

Archived