Let's Chat: Nighthaunt

Rid

While I do agree Age of Sigmar needs new characters I still want the story of many of the old ones to live on. With Vlad & Isabella it makes sense that they can (via nagash) and they are beloved characters that I'm sure everyone would be happy to see return. Especially if they can set the narrative right to make them fit in the current world... realm. Which is why I mentioned my theory on Vlad being a stormcast as it would really solidify Isabella as mortarch of grief (and explain why we don't have a Vlad mortarch yet...) and make them both fit and allow us to see the couple reunited one day.

To go back to the new characters of nighthaunt we have 3 characters for the faction so we are getting a minimum of two new ones and I'm really hoping the Craven King and the other guy get some good fluff regardless. If Isabella is the Mortarch of Grief I'll be ecstatic but if they can make me enjoy a new character than I'll be happy. I'll still dream of my favorite Von Carsteins coming back, but I'll be happy either way.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

Holy ****** that box is amazing lol and even more coming too. My wallet will need to pull some clever tricks to hide from me...

Plus new banshees on day one!! And an endless spell for the new wizard that we get in the starter set. My wallet weeps!!! 

****** man i cant wait for buy the new box with that juicy new nighthaunts hope for the new big models dont be vlad or isabella we need new characters ****** the old world

i share this pic for the trailer so ****** hype

0e62f2ce00488236fad6c057fc992c49.jpg

Mortarch of grief looks like a giant ghost... Not exactly human-sized, more God-sized really... Really have no idea about identity now.

Could be Lileath (Lady of the Lake). She screwed up massively in End Times, now sees the error of her ways and has thrown in with Nagash to end Chaos once and for all (because Nagash is the only one who has a chance).

This is if it isn't a totally new character.

Just now, Thostos said:

Chainrasp hordes have "Any number of models" as a unit size,,yet they also have the "summonable" keyword,,how many do you bring in?

As many as you own? I don't think the box-set is designed for matched-play.

1 minute ago, Archimedes said:

I guess the guardian can't use the newgravtide endless spell? That's a bit disappointing.

Why can't he? I thought the idea was that you bought the spell with points and your wizards can cast it. 

I honestly still don't have any idea why they have the Malignant keyword. Unless a new rule shows up that is a buff/debuff specifically for Malignant, it seems like a weird leftover keyword when they made the Start Collecting Malignant box. In fact it is interesting that Start Collecting Boxes are designed to be playable right out of the gate....except that the Mortis Engine is in no way a HERO model (and I'm pretty sure all other SC have a leader of sorts). Well that and also there is no Battle Line unit either....

So I think the Malignant keyword was originally suppose to be The Nighthaunt faction...but they changed their mind post making the Start Collecting Box. But they still kept the keyword since it doesn't really affect the game and they can still sell the SC box (and to help sell more black knights/hex wraiths).

Oh and lovely new models. It is amazing just how far Push Fit models have become. I mean...remember these?

99120207008_VCSkeletonWarriorsBox.jpg

When near a hero, skeletons get 2" 4+/4+, have recursion, have a bravery debuff, guaranteed 6" charge, and when they have over 30 models (which they almost always do) they have 3 attacks each. 

Skeletons have worse speed, true. They also have weaker defenses, though not by much. Against the chaff they both will be faceing, they are both 5+.

Interestingly,  they lack the ability to toss out mortal wounds like Hosts can - heck, even the Executioner doesn't have that ability. It will be interesting to see if the current Nighthaunt units will keep that ability or not, or if it is simply goimg to be much less prevalent in the army than originally thought 

Archived