Shadespire - Ironjawz Trailer

Chris Tomlin

Hey guys,

I know this isn't the Shadespire forum, but I am not sharing this link for Shadespire purposes! For all us AoS Ironjawz players out there, this was something very exciting to wake up to! #morninglory

We'll be seeing these fantastic models in many an AoS army I'm sure. Seem to be a perfect modernisation of the current (outdated) Ardboy look. Almost remind me of Blood Bowl Orc Ardboy conversions (in a good way). They look fantastic and I can't wait to get my hands on them, they will go straight to the top of my paint list. Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8v7UOmDEkQ

Also noted this tacked on at the end of the article:

It’s been a little while since we’ve seen a new Death model for Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Patience is rewarded though – we hadn’t forgotten about you. Alongside this Herald of Nagash, each of the other three Grand Alliances will also be getting a powerful new hero.

If we're lucky, this could be us! Although we have quite a few heroes as it is, it's unit variety we lack..

3 hours ago, Fungrim said:

From the looks of it, they are literally kit-bashed ardboys (bodies, hands, weapons) and Brutes (heads, upper arms)

I imagine some basic AutoCAD mix & match? And a few new bits added on (fur, weapon mix, fancy new Bane mask)

But I think, as other minis for Shadespire they are going to be in one piece or something "easy to assemble". Just wonder what plastic color they will apear. Hope it is not yellow. Should be GREEEN!

3 hours ago, Bulldoze said:

GW would make a fortune if they sold that bane head in stand alone packs.

I can't be the only one that immediately wanted to put it on my entire 40k Ork army!

I'm definitely doing a head swap for the MegaBoss - that Bane-Head is Pure Gold!

The mask actually reminds me of the old Black Orc Big Boss head, which had a similar top part. Now, that being said, 2 boxes of 4 will go well with the box of 12 Blood Bowl Orcs, for a unit of 20 to put into my existing Ardboys.

6 hours ago, Fungrim said:

Also noted this tacked on at the end of the article:

It’s been a little while since we’ve seen a new Death model for Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Patience is rewarded though – we hadn’t forgotten about you. Alongside this Herald of Nagash, each of the other three Grand Alliances will also be getting a powerful new hero.

If we're lucky, this could be us! Although we have quite a few heroes as it is, it's unit variety we lack..

Goregrunta boss would be amazing 

I was just mildly interested in Shadespire when it was announced way back when.  Since I'm not really into the side-games that GW sells like Blood Bowl, I figured this would just be a neat game that gets players in a different market into Warhammer.  (Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Blood Bowl, but I just don't have the time, money , or mental gymnastics for additional games anymore!)

To me, the coolest thing about Shadespire was the female Stormcast model.  But since I don't play Stormcast Eternals, nor Khorne Bloodbound, I was not interested in getting it for the models.  The Death models looked cool, and that's the army my step-daughter wants to pick up for her first Warhammer army, so I thought it might be a good idea to grab those models just for her.  And then they went and made more Ironjawz models for it.  Now I may have to try it out.  At the very least, I will definitely pick up some of those models at some point!  Did you see the pelt on the one model?  I love me some pelts on my models :)

If you think I'm excited, you should hear what my Megaboss Blurrog has to say about it:

"Oy, lookit dis!  Dem's some propa Boys fer Da Waaagh right there.  I's been saying fer a while dat we needs ta get more Boys in Da Waaagh else we gets lef' behind in da armies we fight.  If I's ain't gettin' me own Maw-Crusha, can I at least get dese Boys in me Waaagh?  Wot are ya waitin' fer?

An' while we's at it, how's about gettin' me own pelt to cover up me own armor if you's likin' it so much?"

I think I could use the Bane Head for a Warchanter. I didn't purchase a Warchanter for my Ironjawz at the moment, because I found his face really really boring. And I don't like buying boring models. If they look boring I am not interesting in painting them. For me he just looked like a Brute with two sticks. I could use this head to convert him to a cool-looking Warchanter, which I would be very happy about to paint. 

Banechanter here I come.

Archived