Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morathi isnt to be shunned guys! Even with 480 points :-)

Those Khinerai are awesome!!!!

As mentioned my expectations for this army where: Mortal wounds/high rend characteristics and Teleporting units! Those are the abilities which the dark aelfs and their allies lack, but are so important in matched play.

Those Khinerai cost just 80 points for 5 models. so you can get 10 for 160. Now you have a unit you can set up in the skies and threaten opposing mission objectives. You literally make your enemy stay on his mission objectives awaiting the buffed up Hammer of the witches. Those 9" are standard across the board. However there are rerolls of 1 while charging and even better you get a 6" move after bringing all your Spearshots in.

I predict that Artillery lists, Freepeople and Tzzentch might be the toughest opponents for this army.

11 minutes ago, Killax said:

@Twitch of Izalith certainly! Considering even Fyreslayers has 128 pages I would have expected a 104 paged book basically.

However it's also an Allegiance with a ton of cool Ally options :) 

Yeah I wonder how long we need to wait for the next aelf reveals? hopefully its a couple of months so I can get my new DoK stuff painted and my bank balance can recover!

5 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Those are Teclis creations that dissappeared 

Whats the source for that? Is it in the leaked content? (on my phone so not looking at the extra stuff thats out yet)

7 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

Yeah I wonder how long we need to wait for the next aelf reveals? hopefully its a couple of months so I can get my new DoK stuff painted and my bank balance can recover!

Whats the source for that? Is it in the leaked content? (on my phone so not looking at the extra stuff thats out yet)

Yes its in new DoK Battletome lore section. 

They're made by Teclis/Tyrion,  but from what little fluff snippets we have it seems they operate independently from them?  Hard to say.  I mean, I guess 'high aelves' as such don't really exist in AoS anyway, they might have some high elf aesthetic perhaps.

I really love what I see from these adorable fanatics right now. It's quite what I wanted it seems: elite (but you can still try horde), harassing, magic and prayers. Love it. Only downside for the moment is there is only one caster hero (not counting Morathi)...maybe the Hag queen or the Old Helleborn can do but I bet they arr more Priest and Combat respectively.

Also, everyone is talking about the new and shiny succubus and nagas (which is understandable) but everyone forgot about DoomWarlocks. They are preeeetty sweet with points cost and their new ranged attack. Coupled with Khimeirais I forsee a list with high movement and harassing capabilities which can be interresting to experiment.

If doomfires get access to shadow magic I'd choose them over the medusa as if looks like she has gone up from 120pts. As they are quick, have some shooting (not the best) and there basic attacks now have rend 

**The benefit of the medusa however is the -1 to wound. This stops blades of purtridification (spelling?!?) And other abilities that trigger on a 6+ to wound.

33 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

If doomfires get access to shadow magic I'd choose them over the medusa as if looks like she has gone up from 120pts. As they are quick, have some shooting (not the best) and there basic attacks now have rend 

**The benefit of the medusa however is the -1 to wound. This stops blades of purtridification (spelling?!?) And other abilities that trigger on a 6+ to wound.

I like the Medusa because she makes Blood sisters battleline if she is your general :) and awesome model!

18 minutes ago, Kaleun said:

Medusa looks like being at 140 points.

Actually not totally convinced with the Warlocks. They still are very squishy and the casting in the herophase makes them a bit tricky to use.

That's why you give them a support spell instead. 

29 minutes ago, Kaleun said:

Medusa looks like being at 140 points.

Actually not totally convinced with the Warlocks. They still are very squishy and the casting in the herophase makes them a bit tricky to use.

Just my opinion but they share the same Wounds and Saves with Melusai. So they are just as resilient statswise and I assume we don't know if DoK prayers/Command abilities affect DoomW the same as other units yet. Blood sisters are 20 less points, can be battleline and are elite-killers in melee. But they are slower (by 6 inches) and Doom are good all rounders because they are fast, they do magic, shoot and are not shy to engage with that -1 rend (ok you will not engage huge blobs or even judicators but if you soften them before with the mortal wounds..). Even the fact that they got mystic shield is really good if you only got 1 hero mage.

Blood sisters and DoomW clearly don't aim the same role in your army but I wouldn't dismiss them so easily right now. In fact, I think I will have always a room for one unit (or two, depends if I run 2*5 or 1*10) to fill something the rest of my comp is lacking (be it magic, harass, possibilty of taking objectives at the last minute or everything listed). But maybe I'm reading way too much into stats :D

P.S.: I'm sorry if I'm not understandable. I'm really not good at english

I know the khaine statues may not be too good to run multiples of since they need the whole animation (Unsure if prayers are subject to rule of 1, need to check rulebook) but I'm totally looking forward to having a couple running around to smash things up :D 

Also doomfire warlocks getting crossbows should be pretty good!

52 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

I know the khaine statues may not be too good to run multiples of since they need the whole animation (Unsure if prayers are subject to rule of 1, need to check rulebook) but I'm totally looking forward to having a couple running around to smash things up :D 

Also doomfire warlocks getting crossbows should be pretty good!

Prayers are not subject to the rule of 1.  Both Khorne and Stormcast regularly use the same prayer multiple times in one turn.  In fact, the latest FAQ on bless weapons said that its e effects don't stack on a single unit, which is an implicit admission that you can use it multiple times.

Archived