The Painting Contract- May 2017

Mohojoe

After falling short last month, I'm aiming for:

5 converted Brutes (leftover from last month). These are my "Chamon Brutes" that have been kitbashed with 40k Nobs. 

Stetch Goal: 10 'Ardboys, which have been partially painted for ages now.

2nd Stretch Goal: Test model for Ogres (Likely a Leadbelcher). I'm not sure right now if I want to do them in a matching scheme to my Ironjawz (purple and red armor) or something different. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I pledge a box of arkanaut company to be painted while hopefully getting further with my snotling/mushroom project

(Are snotlings still just snotlings in AOS?)

That's a great question. I think all goblins and snotlings are now called grots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, test model done for my Ard Boyz unit for this month. I wanted to make them look pretty banged up and gross, like they have fallen on hard times and are constantly on the move just to survive.

Front:

ardboyz1.jpg.274e9527473ab26e1206ae4513791d01.jpg

Rear. I think the red adds a nice spot colour, and will tie with the top knots on the Bonesplitterz

ardboyz2.jpg.49fbccf1411d5eb5061059fe84a9ca71.jpg

Thoughts, comments, critique all welcome. Only 9 to go, off to a very slow start this month...

I am going to try this pledge, one it gives me more motivation, but so etching to keep me a little focused.   My pledge is to paint up an admiral and 10 arkanaut company for my kharadron overlords army.   My goal right now is to not buy anything else for the army until I paint what I have, I tend to have the problem of buying too much for an army and never getting it painted, as my 1000 point dark angel army still hasn't gained a finished painted unit before it got pushed aside.

Very small pledge for me this month - a box of Arkanaut Company. With luck next week will be a bit more exciting as I am looking at getting my hands on the models for a small 1,000 point list (2 x frigates, 2 x Arkanaut company, Aether-Khemist)

On 5/10/2017 at 2:28 PM, mhsellwood said:

Very small pledge for me this month - a box of Arkanaut Company. With luck next week will be a bit more exciting as I am looking at getting my hands on the models for a small 1,000 point list (2 x frigates, 2 x Arkanaut company, Aether-Khemist)

I have done my first model, and I am pretty happy with it, so now I just need to work my way through the other 10. The basic idea is that they are a minor sky port, an offshoot of Barak Urbaz that focuses on the dirty side of war - so plenty of chemical weapons and willingness to get down and dirty in irradiated warzones. Couple of pictures below.

59197ba5cf2a7_Arkanaut1.jpg.95c697423fed208cd7224e7bd1439d80.jpg

59197ba90d7ff_Arkanaut2.jpg.e848c18867bf5254ad38467a2cdf618f.jpg

3 hours ago, Routasydän said:

No AoS for me this month, just a little more and Ive painted the whole Shadow War Armageddon terrain pile though :)

Please post the terrain when you're done. I'm personally interested to see some good terrain posted here.

As the election is looming (in the U.K.) I feel justified in pledging one thing and delivering something completely different. So here are my arkanaut company from Barak-Urbaz. Working on a frigate at the moment and Khemist to bring it to a cool 500 points by the end of the month

IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

I finished my pledge and in time to photo document it :)

10 arkanaut company. One of each special weapon just to try them out with paints.

not my greatest painting but nice balance of getting them done and trying new colors and have way more to paint waiting.

I knew the basis colors right when I saw the models first time and those colors happened to match a skyport  - lucky!

i hope to work more with the blues/ beige / metal for the new models. And use more gold for the riggers and thunderes.

IMG_4229.JPG

IMG_4232.JPG

On 5/1/2017 at 2:11 PM, Soulsmith said:

I'm going big, which is risky. 3 skyfires and a tzaangor shaman!

By which I totally meant their discs. Because this month has been just so much work, but should get the rides done in time. I actually think the riders won't take as long, discs are nice models and all, but they're rather dull.

Archived