30 tzaangor 450

2x10 orrors 240

2x3 skyfires 400

( 30 blue orrors) 120

tot 1990

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree with the comments about painting Tzaangor... I painted all my horrors very fast and then hit a brick wall with my Acolytes and especially Tzaangor (both on foot and on discs). There is such a thing as too much detail and honestly I think Tzeentch went there.

talking about 30 Tzaangors... I guess this could work based on a standard-ish Tzeentch mix list with Gaunt Summoner, Ogroid and Skyshoal Coven?

Ogroid and Tzaangor blob are a huge distraction. Horrors can act as blockers or sit on objectives. Skyfires can have some extra move and fun with the Skyshoal Coven. With points for blue and brimstone horrors - potentially as reserve – it is exactly 2k.

opinions?

Leaders
Gaunt Summoner (120)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
30 x Tzaangors (450)

Units
20 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (100)
20 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (80)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions
Skyshoal Coven (130)

Total: 2000/2000

2 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

True. I didn't even notice they benefit from a massive regiments points reduction to be honest as I always use them as reinforcements now. 

I get that the theory is the same and you can try to bubble wrap. Being able to split them is super powerful though. Even post-FAQ, that 6" bubble really allows for some shenanigans. 

I think there's a lot of value in having that bubble wrap on the table to start the game to protect you from Stormcast and Skryre alpha strike lists. 

There's also value in having the units on the table to die in the order you need (ie, force a charge on your blue horrors with your pink horrors in range to pile in when you're opponent is planning to sink multiple units in). Initial unit causes a bunch of damage to the blue horrors, opening a hole for the pink horrors to pile in and attack the second unit. The pink horrors then take some hits, splitting and reinforcing the blue horrors. Then you throw a 1 at the battleshock test to get back your horror casualties. 

2 hours ago, Okonomiyakimarine said:

talking about 30 Tzaangors... I guess this could work based on a standard-ish Tzeentch mix list with Gaunt Summoner, Ogroid and Skyshoal Coven?

Ogroid and Tzaangor blob are a huge distraction. Horrors can act as blockers or sit on objectives. Skyfires can have some extra move and fun with the Skyshoal Coven. With points for blue and brimstone horrors - potentially as reserve – it is exactly 2k.

opinions?

Leaders
Gaunt Summoner (120)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)

Battleline
30 x Tzaangors (450)

Units

Battalions
Skyshoal Coven (130)

I was thinking of something similar to this actually

2 hours ago, Okonomiyakimarine said:

opinions?

Leaders
Gaunt Summoner (120)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)

Battleline
30 x Tzaangors (450)

Units

Battalions
Skyshoal Coven (130)

Yeah but investing 850p in that Skyfire/Enlightened/Shaman/Skyshoal cluster is quite steep... not sure if it's worth it? 

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

I was thinking of something similar to this actually

how similar?

48 minutes ago, misthv said:

Yeah but investing 850p in that Skyfire/Enlightened/Shaman/Skyshoal cluster is quite steep... not sure if it's worth it? 

I cannot say if it is worth it really. i just find Skyshoal Coven seems to provide some the great fun options to move - especially away from danger. 

What would you take for the 290pts instead? assuming you would leave out the battalion rules and the Enlightened. 

4 minutes ago, Okonomiyakimarine said:

how similar?

I cannot say if it is worth it really. i just find Skyshoal Coven seems to provide some the great fun options to move - especially away from danger. 

What would you take for the 290pts instead? assuming you would leave out the battalion rules and the Enlightened. 

290p is very close to 300p for a LoC! ^_^

Ok I was thinking of something like this...thoughts? I was looking at the Skyshoal as well but yeah thats a lot of points for extra movement.

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
Battleline
30 x Tzaangors (450)
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
Units
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)

Total: 1750/2000

7 hours ago, Nevvermore said:

Have to agree with the comments about painting Tzaangor... I painted all my horrors very fast and then hit a brick wall with my Acolytes and especially Tzaangor (both on foot and on discs). There is such a thing as too much detail and honestly I think Tzeentch went there.

Acolytes are relatively quick (comparatively)

prime white (go over to ensure they have their base, watch for overspray)

Paint the shields/Weapons and gold masks.

wash gold and skin with reikland Fleshshade.

wash kilts with drakenhoof Nightshade/lamian medium mix.

and they're pretty much done :)

18 hours ago, Nevvermore said:

Yup. Totally agree. I ended up mounting all of my sky fires on screamers instead of disks. Much easier to paint and they look really cool.

Guys im surprised about sorcerer lord on manticore, no one posted list with him. Its only 200 points and with destiny dice got an amazing spell. When you finish destiny dice big Numbers you can infusion arcanum and your manticore Is really strong in combat phase.

is this model understimate?

No - I just used him at Blackout - his damage output is feeble (it would be average with Infusion Arcanum). He is a good Tank with Paradoxical Shield.

The Spell is too unreliable to use 2 DD on - I had Kairos casting it but would have preferred Gateway.

1 hour ago, ssharkus said:

Pink Horror Icon Bearers question. If i roll 1 on battleshock phase - do i still need to loose models to a battleshock, or the battleshock sequence is entirely cancelled and i just add d6 horrors?

You have to have lost models to do a battleshock test.

8 hours ago, ssharkus said:

Pink Horror Icon Bearers question. If i roll 1 on battleshock phase - do i still need to loose models to a battleshock, or the battleshock sequence is entirely cancelled and i just add d6 horrors?

You lose the models first. Sadly, the 1 doesn't make them immune to battleshock. Some/others just appear. 

Interestingly, I believe you can technically get wiped by battleshock, momentarily have no unit left and then the new ones appear (unit if 20. 19 die. Roll a one and fail battleshock by 10. Remove the last model and then roll the D6 to see how many appear).

3 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

You lose the models first. Sadly, the 1 doesn't make them immune to battleshock. Some/others just appear. 

Interestingly, I believe you can technically get wiped by battleshock, momentarily have no unit left and then the new ones appear (unit if 20. 19 die. Roll a one and fail battleshock by 10. Remove the last model and then roll the D6 to see how many appear).

Hmm, wouldn't this be similar to the Skarr Bloodwrath and Ring of Immortality rule though? Where the unit technically died, bringing it back requires paying the points for it.

Here's he specific rule:

"Models in this unit may be Icon Bearers. If you roll a 1 when taking a battleshock test for a unit that includes any Icon Bearers, reality blinks and the daemonic horde is bolstered. Add D6 Pink Horrors to the unit."

They have a base bravery of 10.

The rule doesn't indicate that they "make a new unit" but that they're reinforcing the unit.

So, you gain the models before you loose them to battleshock.

so, order appears to be:

Step 1) lost models <- Forces Battleshock test

Step 2) rolls 1

Step 3) Reinforcement happens

Step 4) battleshock results happen

Step 5) (Profit ?) ;) 

Archived