Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

17 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

This sounds good. However I was really hoping for a point decrease for Nurglings or some stat boosts. Really wamt to field them but they just do not deliver..

Running Morbidex and a bigger unit of nurglings sounds kind of fun haha

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rotbringer Allegiance and Nurgle Daemons are technically still things, but they have no impact on the game. All nurgle stuff will get a nurgle allegiance ability in the new campaign book, and certain models are battleline in pure nurgle armies. The alliance info should be in the campaign book too.

I doubt any points will change with the release coming out right after the GHB.

Daemons of nurgle have no allies.

Rotbringers have a bunch - brayherd, chaos gargants, ever hoses, monsters of chaos, hosts of slaanesh, slaves to darkness (except units with Mark of tzeentch), warherds.

Considering rotbringers isn't actually an allegiance, I'm a little confused by the ally list.

15 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

Daemons of nurgle have no allies.

Rotbringers have a bunch - brayherd, chaos gargants, ever hoses, monsters of chaos, hosts of slaanesh, slaves to darkness (except units with Mark of tzeentch), warherds.

Considering rotbringers isn't actually an allegiance, I'm a little confused by the ally list.

I can only agree that the ally list is confusing, because Daemons of Nurgle have no Allies list. Yet Rotbringers do. And Rotbringers are also on the Allies list of other factions Slaves of Darkness, Host of Slaanesh and Blades of Khorne, and of course Everchosen who has any Chaos faction. Yet Clan Pestilence does not have Rotbringers as their allies, but they do have Daemons of Nurgle as the only faction to have the daemons on their list apart from STD and Everchosen.

So...If a forthcoming battletome lumps Daemons of Nurgle and Rotbringers together, all those Allies lists are obsolete and will need to FAQ'ed. That's a bit of a mess really, not considering that as it is now, it seems a bit random who got what on their list and odd that Daemons of Nurgle didn't even get one.

Nurgle daemons have no allies because they'll have their list in the battletome! Also they lack in blightwar.

I suppose the following things:

- there will be a Nurgle battletome soon, blightwar is only as dark imperium for 40k. Nurgle is not over yet. The allegiance abilities showed on blightwar were the thing that has make me realise 'ok they're doing it'

- Nurgle daemons are going to be updated first, then rotbringers will come. Indeed rotbringers have allies and Nurgle daemons do not.

- daemons will be stringer than mortals, just as happened with tzeentch and khorne.

- the ability of the glottkin is shared by the exalted Fw guo... What can this mean?

- they are going to at least redo beasts of nurgle since horticulus buffs them. Also the guo cause he is ugly.

Don't expect any new unit tho for daemons.

-for rotbringers instead i suspect they'll drop the named lords and instead going for 'regular' maggoth lord and sorcerer maggoth lord. Less named, same models and hopefully cool rules.

- there have to be a cavalry option and a new troop option. I can be fine with that. Also i suspect there will be a double kit.

29 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Horticulus imho is fairly strong! For 200 points he hits well (no 4+ to hit luckily), buffs, healing, resilient, 3+ save (!!), deals damage if enemy retreats. Also provides a good -2 rend which is always useful.

His scroll. That retreat ability is super cool!

I usually don't dig using unique characters but the guy on the snail is pretty sweet. Very excited to see what Blightwar provides us! Do you all think that this box will come out as well as a battle-tome, or does this sort of take the place of a Battletome?

I've been looking at GHB2017 all morning. I'm sure that some have already mentioned this; I think that Nurgle Demons + Rotbringers is very much the thing now. I certainly am less interested in pure Nurgle Demons than I was before, and some of the changes in the new GHB really make that mix viable. 

Horticulous' "Ploughed Slime Trail" ability, I'm not sure it fits. He's a resilient buffing here, otherwise, and then there's that.

Here's the exact wording: "Each enemy unit that is within 3" of Horticulous Slimox when HE starts to make a retreat move suffers D3 mortal wounds." (empasis mine)

So he's a resilient buffing hero, has our best save (tied with the Exalted GUO), and he gets a retreat bonus? Feels unfocused.

Maybe the best mode of play will be to stick him in (probably with some beasts),  knock about for a round or two, and then retreat to reposition him and have the mortal wounds and whatever else was stuck in with him finish off their target? He's an 8 wound character with heavy defenses, so I wouldn't mind putting him in harms way and losing some wounds. Maybe this sets him up to be a bit of a skirmisher (on a snail, lol :) ).

so i just started building some nurglr lists for fun on azyr, and ive noticed that there are way more named heroes than there are generic heroes. as much as i like morbidex and the others, i think its kind of a missed opportunity for them not to allow the maggoth lords kit to having te ability to assemble a chaos lord on maggoth, chaos sorceror lord on maggoth, and herald of nurgle on maggoth from that. anyone else feel the same?

Archived