Let's chat Kharadron Overlords

Dez

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Balloon Dwarf said:

Well, the Stormcast are bringing in the Sacrosanct Chamber which is engineers, priests and magi. Maybe we'll get something similar? Lost Sky-Port if we need something fluffwise. 

I believe!

I guess unless they change their pattern with allies, stormcast getting a wizard will mean we get a wizard we can ally in.   I’ve always wanted to mystic shield an ironclad!  

I think primarily it will just be lower points. Magic has been big in many editions of WHFB and dwarves simply did without. My speculation is that they continue down that path. I think the annual GHB should always keep people positive as unlike WHFB, adjustments get made relatively quickly.

would be great to see more ships on the boards.

adjustments are made once a year. If they don't do right by Kharadrons this release, kharadrons are a dead army for a year. Deader than beastclaws. And then you have to hope they get something a year from now. I'd suggest not buying any KO models for the purpose of play (Hobbying has different priorities) until the rules are revealed in full.

I got into AoS less than a year ago, and I'm afraid they're going to kill my interest in playing AoS.

If the Overlords got a new battletome (or even just a GH update) what specific changes would you like to see?

I would want to see the saves of the ships increased, the range of certain weapons increased,  and some way to use the bombs aggressively.

With slight tweaks, I would like to see footnotes become once per turn rather than once per game too. 

7 hours ago, stratigo said:

adjustments are made once a year. If they don't do right by Kharadrons this release, kharadrons are a dead army for a year. Deader than beastclaws. And then you have to hope they get something a year from now. I'd suggest not buying any KO models for the purpose of play (Hobbying has different priorities) until the rules are revealed in full.

I got into AoS less than a year ago, and I'm afraid they're going to kill my interest in playing AoS.

Dont overreact is the best thing to do right now. 

If the shooting change only to "no shooting out of combat" but still allows shooting the unit your fighting or shooting from outside into said close combat, we will be fine. 

I cant even remember the last time I used a unit fighting in CC to shoot something outside of it.

Also, the strongest KO list at the moment makes heavy use of close combat Endrinriggers. So that works in our favour as well. 

Additionaly, the new magic rules will be optional. So the sky isnt falling for non-magic armies.

1 hour ago, Dez said:

DON’T PANIC!!!!

To late, I burnt my army like an early AOS 2015 hater. 

Joking asside, kharadron don’t need a new nerf. Hope for good stormcast allies for us. Engineers/mage chamber could fit pretty well.

22 minutes ago, wanderingrogue said:

This wont have been my first "the sky is falling". Id argue we were in a better possition after the last "nerf" because the missions suited us so well....

.... so well be fine.

I beat deepkin the other day. Pretty easily that army that "counters" ours so ?

What list did you use?

Well...I just want more units to be made Battleline. Barak Zilfin in the fluff has the Great Coghalls of Endrineering which to me means they should be able to take Endrinriggers as Battleline. Barak Zon should be able to take Thunderers as battleline and so forth.

I'd love newer models but maybe some minor rules like designating some Arkanauts as "Veteran Arkanauts" with a better statline with a bump to their points would be enough.

Skywardens need to be better to be worth the trouble of packing those stupid sky mines.

You know what I’d do for Skywardens?  Give skypikes a flat damage rate of 2, making them more reliable (I always, without question, inflict 1 damage with skypikes) and then give Skywardens a charge bonus similar to other cavalry units.  Combine that with their retreating skymines trick and you have a unit that could charge in, deal decent damage and then fly away, possibly inflicting more damage in the process. 

The rumour of charging units strike first in combat had me concerned, but it would actually suit my list.  I only want 2 units in combat, my riggers and wardens, and being able to get both in combat and strike first on the same turn makes our strike even more effective.  If me arkanauts or heros ever get charged its rare they actually do any damage so going second makes little difference anyway.  Dont use Thunderers (yet) so looking forward to seeing if they get a points tweak in the new GHB.

By the way my concern is about options.  I'm playing a barak urbaz endrinriggers heavy list with Brokk and i feel head and shoulder below every enemy list.
Already our options was "barak zilfin clown car", if the take out the target selection in combat shooting our gameplay is limited even more :( That was my concern,  not balance or points. I want to play an army with options...

hi huys,  i try competiv list on pair tournamen (1000+1000)

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Skyport: Barak-Mhornar
- Additional Footnote: There's No Trading With Some People

Leaders
Aether-Khemist (140)
- General
- Trait: Opportunistic Privateers 
- Artefact: Aethershock Earbuster 
Knight-Azyros (80)

Battleline
30 x Arkanaut Company (360)
- 9x Light Skyhooks
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Light Skyhooks

Units
9 x Skywardens (300)
- 3x Aethermatic Volley Guns
- 3x Drill Cannons

Total: 1000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 68

Azyros fast hero (misson duality of death 1 of 3 in tournament) reroll 1 ty hit and litle mw

maybe take lord-relictor ?  or something else on 80 points ?

that do u think ?

1 hour ago, Furuzzolo said:

By the way my concern is about options.  I'm playing a barak urbaz endrinriggers heavy list with Brokk and i feel head and shoulder below every enemy list.
Already our options was "barak zilfin clown car", if the take out the target selection in combat shooting our gameplay is limited even more :( That was my concern,  not balance or points. I want to play an army with options...

Its just occurred to me that Thunderers option to retreat as their activation in combat will actually become quite useful if you cant shoot out of combat. By retreating in your opponents turn (if we haven't been wiped out on the charge) then we will actually be able to move and shoot in your own turn without penalty. Admittedly Thunderers are currently a bit poor but a lot of our opponents will now be building lists to shut down shooting against their Hero or key units, we've got a way around that with a pretty effective (if short ranged) unit.  This could be quite interesting!

1 hour ago, azmarus said:

hi huys,  i try competiv list on pair tournamen (1000+1000)

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Skyport: Barak-Mhornar
- Additional Footnote: There's No Trading With Some People

Leaders
Aether-Khemist (140)
- General
- Trait: Opportunistic Privateers 
- Artefact: Aethershock Earbuster 
Knight-Azyros (80)

Battleline
30 x Arkanaut Company (360)
- 9x Light Skyhooks
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Light Skyhooks

Units
9 x Skywardens (300)
- 3x Aethermatic Volley Guns
- 3x Drill Cannons

Total: 1000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 68

Azyros fast hero (misson duality of death 1 of 3 in tournament) reroll 1 ty hit and litle mw

maybe take lord-relictor ?  or something else on 80 points ?

that do u think ?

Great list, very similar to what ive used.  Its shooting power is very effective, the Azyros ability probably wont get used much as the Mhornar ability is better, but the Azyros is a great mobile unit. He will be a big target for your opponents so be prepared to lose him often, as he is obviously a key target in Duailty of death but also people are scared of his abilities.  I often used mine as bait to lure opponents into attacking him and putting their units out of position.

Depending on how many drops you expect to face having 3x3 wardens is actually quite useful for more mobility as your khemist should be entirely focussed on maximising your unit of 9 skyhooks. Also reduces the chance of losing some to battleshock.  Losing out on drops isnt too bad for Mhornar as they can run and shoot first turn (but not run and charge dont forget!), so you can deploy far enough back to keep out of range of being charged first turn but still move up enough to get in range with key targets.  That threat is also good for forcing opponents to deploy further back, so remember to casually mention the 9 skyhhook, shooting twice with re-rolls to hit and a 28"+D6 (34") threat range first turn ?.

Hello guys, am starting a narrative path to Glory league in my store, and decided to try out my Kharadron for the first time. The storyline is that a powerful amulet was stolen from Nagash, that has the potential to do many mysterious and powerful things for the winner of the league, and we all had to tie into that a little intro for our army. Mine is that my admiral is a survivor of the initial campaign to retake the Forge City of Grungni, and is looking to go back this time to succeed and wipe out the Skaven from the city! Should be a fun league and am excited to start it. However, I had so questions about what you guys would recommend taking. My options are Admiral and IC +0 followers, Admiral and Frigate + 2 followers, and just Admiral +4 followers. based upon the list I can see that I will never get a chance to add the Frigate or IC to my list after this and am wondering if either is sufficiently powerful to Justify the initial handicap in the league to get them and if so what builds I should grab?        

15 minutes ago, bigpoppanev@yahoo.com said:

Hello guys, am starting a narrative path to Glory league in my store, and decided to try out my Kharadron for the first time. The storyline is that a powerful amulet was stolen from Nagash, that has the potential to do many mysterious and powerful things for the winner of the league, and we all had to tie into that a little intro for our army. Mine is that my admiral is a survivor of the initial campaign to retake the Forge City of Grungni, and is looking to go back this time to succeed and wipe out the Skaven from the city! Should be a fun league and am excited to start it. However, I had so questions about what you guys would recommend taking. My options are Admiral and IC +0 followers, Admiral and Frigate + 2 followers, and just Admiral +4 followers. based upon the list I can see that I will never get a chance to add the Frigate or IC to my list after this and am wondering if either is sufficiently powerful to Justify the initial handicap in the league to get them and if so what builds I should grab?        

I just played in one :) I used the Battletome charts, so I could get a chance later but we have a Path to Glory event this Saturday where I'll be using that books charts. I'd recommend the Ironclad. The Frigate was ok...but I found the Grundstok Gunhauler was better as far as dealing damage and speed goes.

Just now, Dez said:

I just played in one :) I used the Battletome charts, so I could get a chance later but we have a Path to Glory event this Saturday where I'll be using that books charts. I'd recommend the Ironclad. The Frigate was ok...but I found the Grundstok Gunhauler was better as far as dealing damage and speed goes.

What would your buildout be for the IC? is the Cannon still favored?

38 minutes ago, bigpoppanev@yahoo.com said:

What would your buildout be for the IC? is the Cannon still favored?

A lot of people like the Aethermatic Volley Cannon, and that may be best for PtG. I'm starting to think I like the Skycannon better, but I'm basing that off of having rerolls to hit with Mhornar and a having a Lord Ordinator nearby in Matched Play. Rerolling Hits on a 4+, wounding on a 2+ -2 Rend is nice. D6 damage can potentially spike nicely, but I seem to roll 1's for that consistently :)

Archived