How did you carry Stormcast

armisael

Hello guys,

I would like to know that how did you carry Stormcast?

I'm deciding to buy citadel crusade case but I'm in doubt that Does it fit my Procecutor, Celestant prime and Stardrake? 

How did you carry them?

(if you have some pic it would be great!)

Ive the crusade case. I cut parts of the foam out when needed and don't use the top trays when I transport dracoths.

I magnetise the wings on prosecutors, azyros, venator etc. Much easier than trying to transport them with wings on.

I have a Stardrake and it takes up half the crusade case by itself.

I don't like the crusade case or foam at all for transporting stormcast. They have so many SPIKES and SPINDLES.

I'm getting a magnet based case soon via kickstarter - it'll be useful for the problem models that don't like foam.

I think one of the best ways to transport those pesky prosecutors is using a box with a metal sheet (baking tray for example) and putting a couple of small magnets on their bases. They will hold securely and you don't have to worry about cutting out foam or losing the tips of the wings as they snag on the foam (having done this several times my prosecutors are looking more and more like plucked chickens!).

Do it with your whole army in one of those large transparent boxes which you can get from stationary shops like staples (http://www.staples.co.uk/multimedia-storage/cbs/224734461.html?promoCode=&Effort_Code=WW&Find_Number=224734461&m=0). You can get them misted like this one if you have hobby shame ;)

This is the way to go for sure. Most of our group use these for all armies now.

You can buy sticky back magnetic or steel sheet and add washers or magnets to the bases, what ever is your preference as long as one of the 2 items used is magnetic :).

Somewhere on this forum there was a tutorial of some type with someone showing you what they did, maybe have a look. otherwise check online for magnetizing really useful boxes and i am sure something will come up.

If you want a place to purchase the Magnetic sheet or metal sheet look at Abel Magnets online, this is where i have been buying my stuff for years, really good prices and service.

I was lucky enough to be employed as a machinist in a packaging company so I designed and cut my own carry case/foam. It's now out grown my collection so I'm now thinking of doing the magnatized base to a metal tray idea. 

The prosecutors are definately a pain in the ****** to tranport. 

I bought both the Crusade and Ard cases. Although I prefer the look, sturdiness and size of the Ard case, it does not hold as much as advertised.

The problem I find is that the foam trays are not deep enough - the majority of Stormcast models have to be placed lying down to avoid breaking bits, and then they take too much place. To give you an example in one foam tray I can fit 10 Retributors and 5 judicators. For the mounted models (dracothian guarda and palladors), you have to place them upright and sacrfice the whole tray above to give them space.

Once in place the models are relatively secure, although it hasn't stopped some bits from breaking off from time to time. And with all their spikes, you have to be careful when placing them or taking them out, which requires a bit more time.

For the Stardrake, you are better off using a separate transport box. 

As many mentioned, it seems that the best way to go is magnet-base cases. I am annoyed because I have already spend too much on storage, but I am seriously considering a magnet case. My only worry is how sturdy those are. There are many videos showing the models staying put if the box is slightly shaken. But what would happen if it was dropped/bumped/hit by Duncan using a baseball bat?

I designed my celestant prime to be broken down into three chunks all magnetized.  Base, body and wings. The then goes into his own littler transport with air padding.  The rest of my stormcast go into the citadel case.  Prosecutors stand upright in the bottom foam tray.

On 6-4-2017 at 10:02 AM, Turragor said:

Ive the crusade case. I cut parts of the foam out when needed and don't use the top trays when I transport dracoths.

I magnetise the wings on prosecutors, azyros, venator etc. Much easier than trying to transport them with wings on.

I have a Stardrake and it takes up half the crusade case by itself.

I don't like the crusade case or foam at all for transporting stormcast. They have so many SPIKES and SPINDLES.

I'm getting a magnet based case soon via kickstarter - it'll be useful for the problem models that don't like foam.

Try transporting Sylvaneth...

I use something like this one

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjchdv1u5XTAhWMVRoKHcCrA_oQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpicclick.co.uk%2FBOSENDA-TOOLS-CLEAROUT-BLUE-METAL-TOOLBOX-Tool-Box-252400901936.html&psig=AFQjCNGPLcLD50UB83d8IDJ3gp5j77TYMw&ust=1491761788681136

For magnetized stuff ofc. Only my Allariele doesn't fit. I put a thin foam on the bottem (the 1 mm thin thing, just to avoid scratchig) I put the models on the sides, upto 50 mm goes in the small boxes on top (the edge of the base sticks out slightly but the lid doesn't close completely in the middle of the top trays. 32 mm fits easily. Large models in the large bottom tray (also on the sides since treemen don't fit in there standing). I guess most stormcast stuff would fit in there easily too (the winged stuff would probably fit easily if you do them face up /face down etc with wings overlapping and some foam in between to be save.

It works..

AND opposed to a lot of other solutions: it's got handles.

AND it was only 15 euro, new.

Archived