Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

9 minutes ago, pachawar said:

I disagree about the waffling part. Why would you state the same thing over and over again, because someone might've missed it? What if everyone would go around triple/quadruple/... posting his exact same opinion.

Anyway, I come here mostly to lurk the narrative play section, my particular segue into AoS, the 9th Age then caters mostly to the r&f competitive side, still I'm no raving fanboy about either except maybe for well sculpted and painted plastic fantasy minis. That's why this release kind of bothers me, not merely the aesthetic part (de gustibus et...) but the kind of advanced tech setting direction it's likely a prelude of.

I felt much the same about the chainswords, eye tech and other bits. But the times they are a changing i guess. Plus I love converting so its just a challenge :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fancy that, a 9th age player having a negative opinion on something new... :o

I'm pretty sold on these. Everything feels like it's consistent with the AoS setting. Some nice touches on the minis.

Background looks good. Thumbs up.

Although, possible Cthulhu elves have now grabbed my interest...

Those dwarfs are totally fantasy. Its other kind of fantasy. Its not the medieval-renaicess (I don't know how to write in english) type of fantasy of Warhammer Fantasy, just as Warhammer Fantasy wasn't the bronce-age fantasy of the world of Conan.

Final Fantasy with his flying ships and magic empowered technology its a prime example of the type of Fantasy this dwarfs represent. 

But its not Sci-fi. If this dwarfs break your inmersion in the fantasy of Age of Sigmar its because you are not playing Age of Sigmar, you are still in the Old World.

Not a bad thing you know, I play every week to Warhammer Fantasy. But we should critizise things for the thing they want to be, not how we think they should be.

And in the "spam" of Dez... after years of rants and rants in Warhammer Forums, its refreshing to see someone really pasionate with Age of Sigmar as people was in the past with warhammer. Let people be happy. We need more happy people.

3 minutes ago, Galas said:

Let people be happy. We need more happy people.

Couldn't agree more, its been one of the really great things about AoS this far. I've loved the positivity, GW re-engaging with the community, trying new things, experimenting, and the general feeling of enthusiasm and the positive community that AoS has built up...long may it continue. 

2 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

Fancy that, a 9th age player having a negative opinion on something new... :o

I'm pretty sold on these. Everything feels like it's consistent with the AoS setting. Some nice touches on the minis.

Background looks good. Thumbs up.

Although, possible Cthulhu elves have now grabbed my interest...

Aaah  I wondered when... I play both tabletop games and for different reasons, can I, or do we all have to be in one camp or the other?

Also notice the 'in my opinion' and 'personally' in my posts, I just don't like the world building direction this release seems to point to, and to me it's quite contrary to what I originally envisioned for the mortal realms setting, so I subsequently wondered if there were others feeling the same, but if that's already a dissent opinion I'll just as gladly go back to lurking.

12 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

So..? I mean, you aren't really making much of a point. There was no need to call him a shill so you don't really have a foothold here.

There wasn't really a point to be made on that note, just that if browsing a thread and involuntarily noticing someone's name solely because of the same 'LOVE IIT' statement every other page the message might 've been clear after the first or second time. Discussing a release is about more than love/hate it right, you can appreciate a quality sculpt without loving its aesthetic.

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ MOD HAT ON +++

Folks, drop the game bashing for which ever system now. It is okay not to like something but I do not want to see any system bashing now. 

Was waiting for that, also in my minds eye your mod hat is that pink wig.

Anyway, back on topic. 

Really liking the pale blue scheme we saw at GAMA displays. I am considering yellow ( similar to the Irojawz) for my fleet. Really feel they look better with less metallics.

11 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ MOD HAT ON +++

Folks, drop the game bashing for which ever system now. It is okay not to like something but I do not want to see any system bashing now. 

...or, presumably, we don't want to see any individual posters being picked on either?

33 minutes ago, Mohojoe said:

Was waiting for that, also in my minds eye your mod hat is that pink wig.

Anyway, back on topic. 

Really liking the pale blue scheme we saw at GAMA displays. I am considering yellow ( similar to the Irojawz) for my fleet. Really feel they look better with less metallics.

RE: Colour schemes, From a WhatsApp chat..... 

IMG-20170317-WA0010.jpg

Wondering if it's just going to work like Space Marine chapters - there are well defined chapters with their own specific colour schemes and special rules, but you are still of course free to make up your own colour schemes and adopt any set of those special rules for your army.

Pretty much, can't see it being enforced at a tournament level as long as you are clear with your opponent what rules you intend to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, pachawar said:

@Dez are you really a manic fanboy or paid shill I wonder? What else is there to make of all these posts in just a single thread... Top notch meaningful DPRK style addition to the conversation.

Personally not a fan at all, appreciate the sculpts not the feel. Not saying Tolkienesque dwarves were all that should be explored, but after those orc releases I kind of hoped that maybe we could return to normal scaled models, apparently not. These 'minis' don't just look grotesque, this steampunk/advanced tech is not something I can identify with in an, even epic, fantasy setting.  

No one is forcing me to buy them, but they will appear on tables and in tournaments. My personal fantasy immersion and enjoyment would be gone when that happens. 

Don't intend to be that doom 'n gloom guy but I'm recalling the original Sigmarine haters' outcry of AoS becoming 40k. Ridiculous, but now I'm less sure.

You should see how much I'm getting paid in aethergold! I have a pool full of it, and I'm jumping in it RIGHT NOW Scrooge McDuck style! I've never been paid so well, I just strut around with my purple tuxedo on wearing a top hat and monocle and my personal GW Red Shirt carrying my banner that says "Haters gonna Hate" in glowing neon letters. 

Gettin' paid like Flava Flav, YEAH BOY!!!

You should see how much I'm getting paid in aethergold! I have a pool full of it, and I'm jumping in it RIGHT NOW Scrooge McDuck style! I've never been paid so well, I just strut around with my purple tuxedo on wearing a top hat and monocle and my personal GW Red Shirt carrying my banner that says "Haters gonna Hate" in glowing neon letters. 

Gettin' paid like Flava Flav, YEAH BOY!!!

I hope you are wearing your containment armour or you may end up resembling Flava Flav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived