Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Steini said:

Don't know if the topic already came up but how we gonna transport these beautiful airships... And I can already see them crashing on the battle Field because this flying stand toppled over...

I was going to find or build a large Treasure Chest. Then I'll magnetize it and the bases. I was also thinking it would be cool to really make it...Aetherpunk :)

9 minutes ago, Dez said:

I was going to find or build a large Treasure Chest. Then I'll magnetize it and the bases. I was also thinking it would be cool to really make it...Aetherpunk :)

Better find some Endrins to aid in transportation.

Soooooo I'm in the US military and where I'm at it's 14 hours ahead of US. I got on GWs site and everything is sold out lol. Any word on the stick to the code cards going to be released later? I really don't want to get on eBay and pay $50 for a free item. Also how is everyone thinking of running these guys? 

9 minutes ago, Ulrock said:

Soooooo I'm in the US military and where I'm at it's 14 hours ahead of US. I got on GWs site and everything is sold out lol. Any word on the stick to the code cards going to be released later? I really don't want to get on eBay and pay $50 for a free item. Also how is everyone thinking of running these guys? 

The cards won't be released again.  They never are.   

So I've been sketching an initial Ironbark Sylvaneth list with KO guests to help pass the time on a train to visit my folks. Fluff-wise, this group of Ironbark have stumbled across some rare solidifies aethergold underground, and an aether-khemist has turned up to investigate. Naturally, he has a bodyguard of Thunderers to protect him:

Aether-khemist

10 Thunderers (mortars)

Treelord

Treelord Ancient (general)

5 Tree-revenants x2

Branchwych

10 Dryads

6 Kurnoth Hunters (swords)

3 Kurnoth Hunters (scythes)

That clocks in at around 1900 points. Not sure if I should spend the extra 100 on another 5 Thunderers, another Branchwych or  a Branchwraith, or more revenants.

The Thunderers will mostly have mortars, with maybe a couple of rifles or other guns to provide a bit of an anti-charge incentive. Basically they're there as ranged support to free up more points for the hunters to get into combat.

5+ save on the frigate? Are you kidding me? The gunhauler was bad enough. This thing is going to get torn to shreds like wet tissue paper! Everything kills this thing easily, and its firepower.... what the hell GW? The ship has a pitiful firepower for its points cost, its going to die super fast and.... Jesus

its 280 pts thats 14% of your army (2k game).... for.... if we do the math the expected damage output at full health within 12" will be 3.87 wounds to a liberator squad. (this is not counting their re roll ones on saves). so not even 2 liberators. 14% of your army shooting at full power will kill 20pts of guys 1%. At that point the enemy has no reason to ever shoot the frigate, its threat to the enemy is negligible.  An expensive fragile unit that can't kill and is easily killed.... yeah thats what I'd call a workhorse of the army. 

I've been twirling my metal mustache waiting for these guys but now its starting to feel rusty.   I know I am being super salty but.... come on it seems to me that the arguments made for them is... well if you spend points on these airships it'll let your ranged infantry get one real good punch in before the enemy realizes they have more than one unit and murder you. 

Again being super salty... I... I am having a hard time seeing how they won't get steamrolled by everything. 

I think you will need to take the ships as anyone taking big units of Thunderers should know that they are a dream target for the many alpha strike pew pew lists out there. If they take first turn, then they can readily shred 10+ Thunderers and suddenly the unit is in popping territory. I've done this with units of 30 Auric Hearthguard - I keep them underground as that's the one place they will not get popped. Once they do come up the enemy inevitably deletes them, so the big hope is the double turn.

4 hours ago, Shorewood said:

5+ save on the frigate? Are you kidding me? The gunhauler was bad enough. This thing is going to get torn to shreds like wet tissue paper! Everything kills this thing easily, and its firepower.... what the hell GW? The ship has a pitiful firepower for its points cost, its going to die super fast and.... Jesus

its 280 pts thats 14% of your army (2k game).... for.... if we do the math the expected damage output at full health within 12" will be 3.87 wounds to a liberator squad. (this is not counting their re roll ones on saves). so not even 2 liberators. 14% of your army shooting at full power will kill 20pts of guys 1%. At that point the enemy has no reason to ever shoot the frigate, its threat to the enemy is negligible.  An expensive fragile unit that can't kill and is easily killed.... yeah thats what I'd call a workhorse of the army. 

I've been twirling my metal mustache waiting for these guys but now its starting to feel rusty.   I know I am being super salty but.... come on it seems to me that the arguments made for them is... well if you spend points on these airships it'll let your ranged infantry get one real good punch in before the enemy realizes they have more than one unit and murder you. 

Again being super salty... I... I am having a hard time seeing how they won't get steamrolled by everything. 

I'm quite shure there will be mechanics in the battletome to better the save of these vessels. Code, artifacts, battle traits, abilities.... then there is a built in healing trait that I'm shure can be made better as well

Archived