Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't care less about this painting thing. I'm getting the big boat and a unit of the foot guys and they are gonna get painted in a nice red and white paint scheme to match my Freeguild force. I think they will fit right in with the steam tank, Hurricanum and Hellstorm Rocket battery, as well as a gyro copter and bomber. Its going to look ace! 

So do you think that we've seen the entire range for the Kharadron?  We only have 3 infantry units (not counting heros) which is pretty thin... unless they mean for the army to be primarily airships which I would love, but I am curious what you all think?

5 minutes ago, Galas said:

I don't think. You can see the bears in the Irondrakes, and this dwarfs are very specific in not showing any cm of skin.

Im not so sure about that. Besides one head all Iron Drakes have a metal beard, similar to their Sky fareing brethren.

2 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Im not so sure about that. Besides one head all Iron Drakes have a metal beard, similar to their Sky fareing brethren.

They've got chain mail arms which isn't exactly environment proof, and the aesthetic isn't that similar bar the metal beards. 

For their line infantry, I would guess that the Arkanaut company and the Skyriggers will be battleline.  As one is a crew compliment and the other has its own form of mobility.  which indicates at least thematically that they would be more common.   

9 minutes ago, Rid said:

I hope they let taking the admiral as your general let's you run arkanaut frigates as battleline 

I doubt that they will let us take the airships as battleline.  I hope to be proven wrong but I must be skeptical.  I mainly hope that they let the infantry have 4+ saves as a minimum given how heavily armored they are.   

I think Beastclaws set a president with big ass monsters as battleline so we are open to the possibility at least.

i think the arkanaut company will only be 5+ saves, other troops n the smaller boats 4+, and the characters n biggest boat 3+

Now from what I've read the airships will be able to carry an drop off the troops.  Which is awesome.  Now I don't think that the gunship will be able to (perhaps a single character) while the frigates will be able to carry a unit of up to 10 guys and a character.  The Ironclad I hope can carry up to two units (no more than 20 guys) and two characters.  

furthermore I think that each of the characters will give a different buff to the airship they are riding in which I am looking forward to in order to customize my fleet to a particular play-style.  

On 17/03/2017 at 6:31 PM, DynamicCalories said:

I was mainly talking about the Ironclad, I hope they are closer matched to the DoT stuff, but I can't see such a massive model being cheaper than the Dracoth Lad. Then again, Greater/Kairos is well valued for such a huge model.

Blimey how times change, i threw a strop and didnt buy any gw for 6 months when the bloodthirster was released at 70 quid... ive since bought one, and a stardrake... the latest releases and reboxing of stormcast do seem to be a bit more reasonable!

50 minutes ago, Shorewood said:

urthermore I think that each of the characters will give a different buff to the airship they are riding in which I am looking forward to in order to customize my fleet to a particular play-style.  

I expect the same. Especially the weatherlord (as I dubbed him in my head) seems very much a support character for the airships. 

GAMA-KO-AethericNavigator-Content-320x32

Here's a fun thing. When I saw the name of the Two-Handed Hammer hero as "Endrinmaster" I thought it was a nice Duardin play on "Engine Master"

So, in in my insatiable hunger for new Kharadron info I actually read the preview stuff that was leaked and noticed that the Skyrigger's "balloons" are called "Aether-Endrins" which means although they appear to be silly aerial buoyancy devices, they're in fact engines strapped to the backs of the wee duardin, and probably just scaled down versions of the larger endrins on the ships.

Nothing groundbreaking, but at least means that we know these are nippy buggers, rather than slowly floating targets.

7 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Here's a fun thing. When I saw the name of the Two-Handed Hammer hero as "Endrinmaster" I thought it was a nice Duardin play on "Engine Master"

So, in in my insatiable hunger for new Kharadron info I actually read the preview stuff that was leaked and noticed that the Skyrigger's "balloons" are called "Aether-Endrins" which means although they appear to be silly aerial buoyancy devices, they're in fact engines strapped to the backs of the wee duardin, and probably just scaled down versions of the larger endrins on the ships.

Nothing groundbreaking, but at least means that we know these are nippy buggers, rather than slowly floating targets.

yeah I would guess they have a movement of like 8".  Faster than infantry (especially dwarven infantry) but slower than cav or more nimble flyiers like Prosecutors.  

12 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Also my favourite detail on all of the models so far is that the Arkanaut Company have little flaps over their crotches that have little studs on them, presumably so they can unbutton to relieve themselves, haha!

I never noticed that....... HA!!!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS RELEASE!!

Each time I see some pictures the more I fall in love with these miniatures! I cannot wait to see the capacity for the airships..... this could be a big DEAL in games.... transporting troops and dropping ordanance... they look powerful! I can't wait to see the lists, I can't wait to build a themed army! Every unit must have transport! This will be an enjoyable army! 

Archived