The Duardin Rampant Speclation thread

KHHaunts

I believe it will be a combined book, all the Dwarfs.

If not then we at least need a cross faction keyword. I was considering Tzeentch as my next project but I'm gonna hold off and see what happens with the little bearded fellas first. Once a dwarf always a dwarf eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In reading the new City of Secrets novel I was surprised at how common guns of all types were. In the evolving AOS world tons of humans are packing heat, so I'd expect this generation of Dwarves to have all kinds of new ranged weaponry.

It was indeed awesome. People have been calling for more development of human civilization in the Realms, and between this book and Hammerhal I can get a real sense now of how humankind might live, fight, and react to other human (and other) factions. The mix of the downtrodden and elevated is a quite relatable similarity to both our times and even the divisions of Medevial times. With the new fantastical elements I'm finding it more compelling than the Old World. Please don't hit me. ;o)

13 hours ago, Mohojoe said:

While I am certain it is Steamhead Duardin the picture does have me stumped. Mostly its the grey area  opposite the bloodthirster's horn. The shape looks either like the hull of a ship, though slightly odd in dimensions with the round part on top. I am also wondering if it is a 'face' and they are supposed to be looking 'eye to eye' meaning it is more of a giant walker akin to the knights of 40k. Its hard to tell from the snippet of the image but the construct has some interesting angles to it.

They grey part looks kinda like a rudder to me.

4 hours ago, Mohojoe said:

If not then we at least need a cross faction keyword. I was considering Tzeentch as my next project but I'm gonna hold off and see what happens with the little bearded fellas first. Once a dwarf always a dwarf eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummmm... Are you me? I have Silver Tower all painted up so was going to spin that out into a full on Tzeentch army, but am holding fire until we see the new Duardin. Even have a war chest of cash set aside!

Whilst I'm excited at the idea of steam punk dwarves (one of the best things about AOS for me is the freedom GW have to expand upon the familiar aesthetics) I do hope they retain some of what made them warhammer Dwarves.

Specifically I'd like them to still be tough, stoic, grudge bearing, hammer weilding, pipe smoking, arrogant gits. If the release builds on rather than rewrites the old themes that'd be great. I don't think it's a stretch to imagine a dwarven force with more steam punk aspects that still have hammerers and irondrakes as an inherent aspect.

What I really don't want to see is anything too whacky or technology that looks too advanced for the setting. I'll be upset if Duardin become akin to WoW Gnomes.

2 hours ago, mhsellwood said:

Ummmm... Are you me? I have Silver Tower all painted up so was going to spin that out into a full on Tzeentch army, but am holding fire until we see the new Duardin. Even have a war chest of cash set aside!

Ummmm... Are you me?!

I wonder how many others are doing just this :)

31 minutes ago, ZealousJ said:

Ummmm... Are you me?!

I wonder how many others are doing just this :)

I 'm in that club too. 2 minis left to go in Silver tower. Severely tempted by both Tzeentch and Stormcast but I have found myself looking at pictures of gyrocopters and considering paint schemes.

5 hours ago, MacDuff said:

It was indeed awesome. People have been calling for more development of human civilization in the Realms, and between this book and Hammerhal I can get a real sense now of how humankind might live, fight, and react to other human (and other) factions. The mix of the downtrodden and elevated is a quite relatable similarity to both our times and even the divisions of Medevial times. With the new fantastical elements I'm finding it more compelling than the Old World. Please don't hit me. ;o)

Thank you in my GW store I have been telling people that how AOS is developing its more "realistic" than the old setting how the races live together, how they arm themselves(the fact that duardin/dwarf made guns are expensive for humans to get their hands on most can't afford it.), how they fight and how they live. Like three people in my store get it even though it's more high fantasy there is still realism there and the setting is more sandbox. As someone in my store said AOS reminds them abit of elder scrolls now which is not a bad thing imo.

As you said I find it more compelling since in whfb races were segregated in their own sections of the world not really interacting.

4 hours ago, Lavy said:

Those copters though. The trick is to hide the new boxes from the Mrs. 

I usually order from Element Games, you have to hide the free pens as well, dead giveaway!

The rumours circulating for the release happen to coincide with payday. This is a disaster waiting to happen...

On 3/3/2017 at 3:00 AM, ZealousJ said:

Whilst I'm excited at the idea of steam punk dwarves (one of the best things about AOS for me is the freedom GW have to expand upon the familiar aesthetics) I do hope they retain some of what made them warhammer Dwarves.

Specifically I'd like them to still be tough, stoic, grudge bearing, hammer weilding, pipe smoking, arrogant gits. If the release builds on rather than rewrites the old themes that'd be great. I don't think it's a stretch to imagine a dwarven force with more steam punk aspects that still have hammerers and irondrakes as an inherent aspect.

What I really don't want to see is anything too whacky or technology that looks too advanced for the setting. I'll be upset if Duardin become akin to WoW Gnomes.

They still act the same way so you have nothing to be worried about there. 

Archived