Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

My plan was:

LoC to lead THD

Plus Changehost:

LoC

Changeling, Blue Scribes, Herald of Tzeentch on Disc (3 Horror Heroes for THD)

3 x 10 Pink Horrors

2 x 10 Blue Horrors

(Gaunt Summoner, 2 x 10 Brim Horrors and a couple of Balewind Vortexes takes it up to 1840) 

Then THD makes 1990. I was thinking I could take the units in a Changehost without claiming the Battalion but now I'm not so sure. 

EDIT: So if I do need Changehost I could cut a Vortex and one unit of Brims and it'd be 2010...

EDIT 2: Yeah, so to keep it under 2k I could probably drop one unit each of Blues and Brims and a Vortex and that'd be 1960 with absolute minimum Dupe Host requirements. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spicy stuff there!  A few standouts:

-No price change on Tzaangors, except a HUGE discount when taking the full 30, where they were already powerful. Seriously, they're 15 points each if you take the full squad. I don't see how any other battleline can compete!

-Pink Horrors get a minor price decrease, which is wonderful news. However, the two strong battalions (Changehost and Dupe Host) now cost 310 points total. So, the "meta" list I know a few of us run needs to cut like 140 points from it. All in all, this could have gone worse. Those new Tzaangors are awfully tempting though...

-Regarding the battalions, where the hell did they come up with these points costs? Multitudinous Host for 200 (from 30)? It was bad before!

-Kairic Acolytes cheaper. Good news, though I still think basically every other battleline choice is better. They're just not durable enough for their cost. The models are jacked muscle wizards that are somehow less durable in-game than the average Moonclan Grot.

-A few bumps we all knew were coming. Skyfires still seem strong at 200, just not busted. The increase on the Shaman hurts, but seems fair. Gaunt Summoner was undercosted at 100 and still solid at 120.

-StD changes also might have big Tzeentch presence. For some reason, Fatesworn Warband got CHEAPER, despite across the board battalion increases. Chaos Warriors can be taken in 5-man squads and get that sexy bulk discount.

All in all, it could have gone worse!

Edit- forgot to mention, I'm shocked the Lord of Change did not get an increase. It's perceived by many players to be very powerful. Assuming other MW spamming units got a price increase, this increases LoC's stock, as MW are it's biggest weakness.

4 minutes ago, RoloMcFury said:

Spicy stuff there!  A few standouts:

-No price change on Tzaangors, except a HUGE discount when taking the full 30, where they were already powerful. Seriously, they're 15 points each if you take the full squad. I don't see how any other battleline can compete!

-Pink Horrors get a minor price decrease, which is wonderful news. However, the two strong battalions (Changehost and Dupe Host) now cost 310 points total. So, the "meta" list I know a few of us run needs to cut like 140 points from it. All in all, this could have gone worse. Those new Tzaangors are awfully tempting though...

-Regarding the battalions, where the hell did they come up with these points costs? Multitudinous Host for 200 (from 30)? It was bad before!

-Kairic Acolytes cheaper. Good news, though I still think basically every other battleline choice is better. They're just not durable enough for their cost. The models are jacked muscle wizards that are somehow less durable in-game than the average Moonclan Grot.

-A few bumps we all knew were coming. Skyfires still seem strong at 200, just not busted. The increase on the Shaman hurts, but seems fair. Gaunt Summoner was undercosted at 100 and still solid at 120.

-StD changes also might have big Tzeentch presence. For some reason, Fatesworn Warband got CHEAPER, despite across the board battalion increases. Chaos Warriors can be taken in 5-man squads and get that sexy bulk discount.

Yeah all battalions across every faction in the game got a huge price increase. You should see the poor Ironjaws lol 

Also.. -No price change on Tzaangors, except a HUGE discount when taking the full 30, where they were already powerful. Seriously, they're 15 points each if you take the full squad. I don't see how any other battleline can compete! - actually Vulkite Berzerkers are the best battline in the game at 30 for 330pts. Their dmg out put and tankiness poops all over Tzaangors and now it will be worse....I was hoping for a price decrease for Tzaangors

It first appears that Acolytes got cheaper...but the didnt. The price jump on all the battalions that make them even close to worth a damn skyrocketed. Once again making them worthless.

I dunno call me the minority, but I can see a place for acolytes now. Especially since enlightened didn't get a point change. Those two together work really well, and considering the other options went up in cost I think there's a decent strategy one could pull together there if you were inclined to be creative. 

21 minutes ago, Mirage8112 said:

I dunno call me the minority, but I can see a place for acolytes now. Especially since enlightened didn't get a point change. Those two together work really well, and considering the other options went up in cost I think there's a decent strategy one could pull together there if you were inclined to be creative. 

I'm definately considering them for fatesworn now. Unit of 20 is nearly 100% off.

Ah, it never occurred to me to that Kairic Acolytes' ranged weapon would be affected by the Fatesworn rend buff. That's nasty stuff, especially considering the battalion somehow got cheaper, along with most of the StD options. Could be a real sick list, and easily fit into 1-drop, which will be rare going forward.

Every weapon with no rend gets -1 rend.

Heroes can cast arcane bolt. (if it's a wizard it can cast it 2 times, but rule of one and stuff)

If a unit has 9 or multiples of 9 at the start of the battle 6+ ward save.

You need one Mortal Tzeentch hero and 9 Mortal Tzeentch units.

Nice to see cheaper Flamers and Screamers. A big change for me as a not-particularly competitive (read: bad) player is having more options in the 100pt bracket - I always seem to have about that amount left over at the bottom of my list. Acolytes for 100 (or mass Brimestones for the same) are nice for that reason, even if they're not spectacular units.

Also, this just happened.

9Replies.jpg

40 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Every weapon with no rend gets -1 rend.

Heroes can cast arcane bolt. (if it's a wizard it can cast it 2 times, but rule of one and stuff)

If a unit has 9 or multiples of 9 at the start of the battle 6+ ward save.

You need one Mortal Tzeentch hero and 9 Mortal Tzeentch units.

Cheers mate, you're a legend. 

Whats the rumoured points for it now? 

I played a leaked points game yesterday with Changehost plus Kairos vs Murderhost (60 letters / 6 Crushers) plus Thirster plus Gore Pilgrims. I won with chaff, movement, and lots of magic and shooting but was a very challenging match up.

I think we are one army that can answer what I believe will be on of the more powerful armies for the next year. 90 Bloodletters will be popular.

Khorne was a challenging match up beforehand. Did you have Gaunt plus Balewind? Did he slap a Brazen Rune down on you?

Do we think Hosts D is a dead duck at that extra price? Some of the things it hard countered (Stonelord plus Battle Brew) are going to be less common now.

6 minutes ago, Nico said:

Khorne was a challenging match up beforehand. Did you have Gaunt plus Balewind? Did he slap a Brazen Rune down on you?

Do we think Hosts D is a dead duck at that extra price? Some of the things it hard countered (Stonelord plus Battle Brew) are going to be less common now.

I had a balewind, didn't use it. Opted for more summoning. I used the Gaunt Summoner's spell through Kairos. He used the rune to dispel it first turn rather than lose 15 Bloodletters, which allowed me to summon a unit of Pink Horrors near his lines that cast Bolt on his Blood Secrator (now Runeless) and have the potential to use Kairos to change the die to 5+ and kill him first turn... but I rolled the 5.

(I had the choice and took first turn after his Murderhost move, I wanted to kill as many as possible, summon up screening units, and go for his Secrator before he planted the banner).

IMO, yes... on the Host D cost.

1 hour ago, GutrotSpume said:

So we haven't seen allies for us yet but was wondering if there's anything you guys would take?

So, i was told this might be a possible addition: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Warherds-Bloodfeast-Gorgers?_requestid=2419920

trying to make my head around it. Else not sure there will be more than the SoD allies we come to love. 

3 hours ago, boelimaa said:

So, i was told this might be a possible addition: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Warherds-Bloodfeast-Gorgers?_requestid=2419920

trying to make my head around it. Else not sure there will be more than the SoD allies we come to love. 

Yeah I dont think so. If we ally with anything it will be StD.

I think with the Tzaangor discount ill be trying to make a Tzaangor heavy list. The new meta will be shifting to hordes/anti-hordes. For me ill be focusing on Tzeentch and Fyreslayers. The Host D has always been the only real competitive battalion but as players shift from battalion use all together we might see more summoning/hordes of this and that. A non-battalion list Death with 2-3 units of full skellies will completely wreck a Host D used with minimum units...a lot to think about in the next couple weeks.

Problem with Tzeentch is we dont have any real melee boostable hordes other then Tzaangors

52 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

52 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Problem with Tzeentch is we dont have any real melee boostable hordes other then Tzaangors

Agree on the box. And yes, do we need hordes? Dont we have antihorde spells? What about masses of horrors splitting destroying any game plan?

44 minutes ago, boelimaa said:

Agree on the box. And yes, do we need hordes? Dont we have antihorde spells? What about masses of horrors splitting destroying any game plan?

If you want to pay more for potential splitting go for it. The fact is you can split all day and have 100+ horrors and they would still be slaughtered by a single unit of 40 skellies or nearly unkillable Vulkites

58 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

If you want to pay more for potential splitting go for it. The fact is you can split all day and have 100+ horrors and they would still be slaughtered by a single unit of 40 skellies or nearly unkillable Vulkites

Sure, but if we're really playing this game... 30 brims are 100p... so more like 300+ horrors? :) 

Just now, misthv said:

Sure, but if we're really playing this game... 30 brims are 100p... so more like 300+ horrors? :) 

Haha and that would probably be what would be needed to block off endless skellies, tunneling vulkites and tons of skaven hordes. And thats just blocking cuz horrors cant actually fight. Going to need supported Tzaangors to actually do dmg to hordes 

Archived