Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

So my battletome and my Tzaangors arrived today, so I am a very happy bunny. My only problem is I'm finding it very hard to fit everything I would like into one list... I always find it very hard to empathise with pure Daemon lists, so I would always add a Mortal Lord or a Daemon Prince back in my 6E days. I have a Tzeentch Lord on Daemonic mount as the leader I am eying up.

I know I want a Tzaangor coven. 3 Enlightened, 6 skyfires and 20 Tzaangors.

Thats 160+320+360+40 = 880 points already.

Add a Tzaangor shaman for 120 to make a cool 1k.

Now I need 2 battle lines. Horrors are one obvious choice, so 140 points for a unit of 10.

1.140 so far

Ill leave that for now, add an Ogroid Thaumaturge and Gaunt summoner because I have silver tower, so 1400.

Then a LoC because dat model, and I get 1700.

I still need to add one battleline, so adding Knights and Lord on Daemonic mount is going to be impossible, sadly, but I like my list so far. I suppose I could add a Chaos sorceror as my single point of humanity for 140 and another unit of Horrors and maybe up the Gaunt summoner to the Gaunt summoner with familiars to make a straight 2k point list. Has anyone thought of a list that looks viable and mixes slaves in? Skyfires look too nice to drop, the Tzangor coven looks pretty mandatory, though Enlightened are somewhat meh. If you take Skyfires you need a Shaman, and the Gaunt and Ogroid are very solid models... Maybe I just need two armies.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has been answered already, but got the battletome today and am wondering about Tzaangor min unit size. Pitched profile min is 10 and the price (180) reflects that.

However the warscroll says a unit has 5 or more models. Is this 5 min at 90? Is it more likely that the Warscroll single digit is the typo?

3 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Sorry if this has been answered already, but got the battletome today and am wondering about Tzaangor min unit size. Pitched profile min is 10 and the price (180) reflects that.

However the warscroll says a unit has 5 or more models. Is this 5 min at 90? Is it more likely that the Warscroll single digit is the typo?

Remember that points are an optional rule. The minimum unit size is there to let people play with the 6 they got from Silver Tower in Narrative play.

Just put my order in for 

10 Tzaangor

9 Tzaangor Skyfires

1 Tzaangor Shaman

Battletome

Already got multiple copies of Silver Tower so got my heroes and also 20 Kairic Acolytes and 15 mono-pose Tzaangor. Obviously getting the LoC next week. Good times we're living in my friends!

I"m trusting you guys here.  If you're sure the Tzaangor are good...!

I'm going to order

30 Tzaangor, 9 Skyfire and a Shaman and an Ogroid.

Are the Skyfire or Enlightened at least Battleline if all Arcanite?

I'm trying to figure a 1k list with that Tzaangor Coven Thing!

1 hour ago, Deathadder99 said:

So my battletome and my Tzaangors arrived today, so I am a very happy bunny. My only problem is I'm finding it very hard to fit everything I would like into one list... I always find it very hard to empathise with pure Daemon lists, so I would always add a Mortal Lord or a Daemon Prince back in my 6E days. I have a Tzeentch Lord on Daemonic mount as the leader I am eying up.

I know I want a Tzaangor coven. 3 Enlightened, 6 skyfires and 20 Tzaangors.

Thats 160+320+360+40 = 880 points already.

Add a Tzaangor shaman for 120 to make a cool 1k.

Now I need 2 battle lines. Horrors are one obvious choice, so 140 points for a unit of 10.

1.140 so far

Ill leave that for now, add an Ogroid Thaumaturge and Gaunt summoner because I have silver tower, so 1400.

Then a LoC because dat model, and I get 1700.

I still need to add one battleline, so adding Knights and Lord on Daemonic mount is going to be impossible, sadly, but I like my list so far. I suppose I could add a Chaos sorceror as my single point of humanity for 140 and another unit of Horrors and maybe up the Gaunt summoner to the Gaunt summoner with familiars to make a straight 2k point list. Has anyone thought of a list that looks viable and mixes slaves in? Skyfires look too nice to drop, the Tzangor coven looks pretty mandatory, though Enlightened are somewhat meh. If you take Skyfires you need a Shaman, and the Gaunt and Ogroid are very solid models... Maybe I just need two armies.

You even pretty much outlined the same army list I did a few pages ago. Haha good to see I'm on the right lines.

Yeah Tzaangor Coven looks great. I'm doing a very similar list:

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Gaunt Summoner (120)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Normal

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
20 x Tzaangors (360)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (320)

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (40)

Total: 2000/2000

35 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

I think if you meet the prerequisites then you can pick any that you meet 

Yeah, the problem is that the Fatesworn Warband is an Everchosen battalion, not a Tzeentch battalion. I'm not sure what that means with respect to allegiance, and it's not clear in the rules if a battalion counts as a war scroll.

36 minutes ago, Deathadder99 said:

Yeah, the problem is that the Fatesworn Warband is an Everchosen battalion, not a Tzeentch battalion. I'm not sure what that means with respect to allegiance, and it's not clear in the rules if a battalion counts as a war scroll.

Well, people are able to choose a battalion and go their alliance, for instance choose order with a sylvaneth battalion. 

So, I don't see why you can't use a everchosen battalion and run it as disciples of tzeentch 

Little Archaon looks particularly interesting with the new book. Being both Daemon and Mortal, he has access to both sets of spells and it appears he now knows one of each? I assume the same applies to the Gaunt Summoner and Fatemaster too:

"Each Arcanite Wizard and Mortal Wizard in a Tzeentch army knows an additional spell from the Lore of the (sic) Fate"

"Each Daemon Wizard in a Tzeentch army knows an additional spell from the Lore of Change"

The rules for Artefacts/Gifts and Command Traits are worded so that Daemon+Mortal units can choose from all tables but don't get more than one. GW don't seem to have done this for spells so seems they get both?

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Well, people are able to choose a battalion and go their alliance, for instance choose order with a sylvaneth battalion. 

So, I don't see why you can't use a everchosen battalion and run it as disciples of tzeentch 

The thing is order is less restrictive than Sylvaneth allegiance. I would be surprised if the Fatesworn Warband didn't count because it contains exclusively Tzeentch units.

1 hour ago, Mirage8112 said:

The battalion just needs the tzneetch keyword. It doesn't matter where it comes from or what units are in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battalions don't have keywords, but it has the Everchosen tag above the name, so I'm not really sure what that means. I am not sure if that counts as a keyword, or if battalions even have keywords per se.

33 minutes ago, Slave2Chaos said:

Is it possible to add in a demon prince of tzeentch?

i don't have the tomb yet but from the sounds of it the model is not available in the book

Yes, it's not in the book but you can add anything which can get the Tzeentch keyword, even after deployment. 

Edit:

I'm afb, but apparently there's something about every warscroll AND BATTALION needing the allegiance keyword on page 156 of the ghb. Can someone confirm?

Yes, it's not in the book but you can add anything which can get the Tzeentch keyword, even after deployment. 

Edit:
I'm afb, but apparently there's something about every warscroll AND BATTALION needing the allegiance keyword on page 156 of the ghb. Can someone confirm?

Most of the new Battalions do have keywords. GW FAQ has said as long as the battalion has the correct keyword, the warscrolls in it count as having it as well (i.e. The Guardians of Alarielle battalion has both Sylvaneth and stormcast. But counts as Sylvaneth for choosing allegiance purposes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. I would like to clear something up.  In my head this works... but I want to check its legit.

Burning Chariots

Capricious Warpflame: Roll a dice at the end of the shooting phase for each unit that suffered wounds from this models Billowing Warpflame. On a 4 or more, that unit suffers an additional D3 Mortal wounds. On a 1, that unit heals D3 wounds instead.

Ok, so now. In a perfect world ( everything hits n wounds, I roll the 4s ect ) I could target the 6 attacks from the Billowing Warpflame against 6 different units and cause D3 Mortal to each one?

Now if thats true, would this also work...

In a unit of 3 Burning Chariots. Each Model targets 1 shot a piece at the same 6 targets as the other 2 Chariots. Doing a potential 3 wounds + 3D3 Mortal to each of the 6 targets?

23 minutes ago, Soulshade said:

Ok. I would like to clear something up.  In my head this works... but I want to check its legit.

Ok, so now. In a perfect world ( everything hits n wounds, I roll the 4s ect ) I could target the 6 attacks from the Billowing Warpflame against 6 different units and cause D3 Mortal to each one?

Now if thats true, would this also work...

In a unit of 3 Burning Chariots. Each Model targets 1 shot a piece at the same 6 targets as the other 2 Chariots. Doing a potential 3 wounds + 3D3 Mortal to each of the 6 targets?

Two problems. #1 I don't think you can split the one weapon profile's attacks of a single model across different units, you can only split different profiles to attack different units on one model or attack different targets with each model. #2 is you actually have to wound them, so it depends on who you're targeting, you might need to commit multiple flamers / chariots to attacking the one unit, or they might be a low save unit in which case you would attack a different target with each model.

Archived