Rumoured Ironjawz Box

Fungrim

11 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Considering the Sylvaneth get both drycha, and a tree lord, without having any rubbish like dryads, and the stormcast get the celestant prime, and the khorne get 40 miniatures, we got the short straw not having the maw krusha.

The Mawcrusha is more comparable to the Stardrake for SC

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to think about this.  I am sitting at 2300ish points with a maw krusha, mega boss on foot, wierd nob, 2 warchanters, 20 brutes and 6 gore gruntas.   This might push the force up to the huge battalion warscroll.  But the real question is do I have the time to paint them all and the play a game with that many models???

P.S. Ard boys, I have 20 of them also.

2 hours ago, Gorsk said:

I have to think about this.  I am sitting at 2300ish points with a maw krusha, mega boss on foot, wierd nob, 2 warchanters, 20 brutes and 6 gore gruntas.   This might push the force up to the huge battalion warscroll.  But the real question is do I have the time to paint them all and the play a game with that many models???

You could always send me all the extra bits and models, I would happily take them off your hands ;)

I'm pretty sure there will be no update to the Gargant scroll, it will just be included in a battalion that comes with the box I reckon.

This could still be cool though, providing said battalion gets a points cost for matched play. If it does, I'll pick up the box for sure. As it is, my inner Megaboss is telling me to grab it anyway...I've been eyeing up another couple of boxes of Brutes to take me up to 40 of them and need a Weirdnob after cutting mine in half. As much as I give them stick, I feel I should have one in my collection.

We'll see. Without further info on the Gargant I kinda feel like we've got the worst box, though I guess at least we have one!!

The giant got me thinking about Braggoths Beast Hammer. How does that battalion work without breaking alliance beastclaw? What counts as battleline in that battalion?

The battalion itself has the Beastclaw Raiders Allegiance stamped on it. This in turn imbues all the units in the battalion with that Allegiance for list composition purposes only (but not the actual keyword for buffs and synergies purposes).

The Mournfang are Battleline if you stick to Beastclaw Raiders - almost no-one does, so BCR's real battleline units are called Moonclan Grots or Ogors if you don't have time to paint 60 models. 

'Thunderfist' battalion. let's hope it's worth taking and not pointed too high.

There are already the Chaos and Aleguzzler options, throwing an Ironjawz option in too would be more than feasible. Would be a shame if they jammed the faction up a bit by only being able to take gargants in a battalion.

16 minutes ago, Fungrim said:

'Thunderfist' battalion. let's hope it's worth taking and not pointed too high.

My hope is as simple as "let's hope it has points"!!

16 minutes ago, Fungrim said:

throwing an Ironjawz option in too would be more than feasible. Would be a shame if they jammed the faction up a bit by only being able to take gargants in a battalion.

I really do not anticipate a variant warscroll with the Ironjawz keyword, but am happy to be proved wrong. More pure Ironjawz warscrolls can only be a good thing...though a mid level monster is hardly top of my wishlist! :P

Whilst more limiting, it's almost definitely more elegant to just include the warscroll as part of a battalion and not have a different version of it.

Just out of interest, how do people think the Gargant sits fluffwise?

I think I may have convinced myself to buy this box over the course of the day, especially if I can pick it up for 20% off somewhere....

If I'm the Megaboss, why wouldn't I buy this? :S 

21 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

My hope is as simple as "let's hope it has points"!!

I really do not anticipate a variant warscroll with the Ironjawz keyword, but am happy to be proved wrong. More pure Ironjawz warscrolls can only be a good thing...though a mid level monster is hardly top of my wishlist! :P

Whilst more limiting, it's almost definitely more elegant to just include the warscroll as part of a battalion and not have a different version of it.

I think I may have convinced myself to buy this box over the course of the day, especially if I can pick it up for 20% off somewhere....

If I'm the Megaboss, why wouldn't I buy this? :S 

Fluff-wise I guess that's the beauty of giants, they'll work for anyone realistically! Would definitely want to don it up with some spares from other IJ kits so it fits better aesthetically

The Gargant is certainly very Destruction-y, but the Ironjawz seems like the more militant Orruks, and there the Gargant doesn't seem like a perfect match. I imagine Gargants more in Greenskinz or Grot armies to be honest.

Still it's a really nice model, and maybe with some extra armour plates, he could probably end up looking pretty Ironjawz-y. :-)

9 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Good question.  In the world-that-was it was easy enough to explain.

However the new Aleguzzler fluff suggests that Gargants are largely driven by the promise of Ale.  I don't see Ironawz hauling it around nor do I see Ironjawz as the bribing type.

I'm guessing that they'll just say that both parties like stomping and bashing and sometimes come together in uneasy alliances.  Basically I'm expecting a weak reason but hope for some interesting fluff.

20 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Tell that to the trolls :P

Yes, them and squigs (and animals) are the difference - but generally, they're green or blue-ish, which to be fair, is sort of green...

My point is: no fleshies. But now that orruks and ogors are best budz forevz, orruks just aren't as racist as they used to be.

Personally, I painted all my ogors green and gave them Nob heads...

A battalion seems likely or the box would reasonably not be called ironjawz but destruction.

An Ironjawz gargant seems unlikely though. It would be super strong. Just imagine getting a 6 on the megaboss command ability giving the giant 3 kicks and 3 'eadbuts. A possible 3 D6 wounds with -3 rend and 3 D3 wounds with -2 rend. Add a warchanter and a bellowing tyrant and we have a decent armor cracker :)

Archived