Khorne Tar Pit options

Fireymonkeyboy

Hi,

Short version of the question is 40 Khorne Marauders with shields, or 16 Khorne Warriors?  Marauders with shield are 40 wounds with a 5+ save vs. 32 wounds with a 4+, and the ward save, with the warriors 1.5 times the points of the marauders.  Multiples of 8 are necessary for the batallion I'm running.  Thoughts?

FMB

Im with marauders. I believe having actual physical mass to be even more of a tarpit because your opponent will see it that way. 16 Warriors? Seems easy to fight. 40 Marauders, maybe try and avoid getting near that. Add in wulfric for a cheap 80 points and they get even more scared and cant think of a plan.

I've always run warriors.... until lately rediscovering marauders. A big unit (30 or 40) with wulfric appearing behind his lines will give your opponent fits. Rolling a 4= +1 to hit +1 to wound with a further chance of another +1 to hit with unpredictable destruction. 

Give them rending weapons and turn them loose. It'll be fun. For you.

Wulfrick doesn't gain it.

I get the feeling  the marauders a larger part of the slaves to darkness, or become a separate subfraction named darkoath . so Wulfrick becomes a generic lord with those abilities and is Markable, make a priest which is marauder like in look. etc.

If love make a theme on that, try track down a chaos mammoth or two, run some marauder cav, some units of marauders, Chariot or two, the darkoath chieftain and Wulfrick.  would be awesome

A unit that is designed to withstand/absorb a lot of punishment for a number of turns, thus causing your opponent to stay stuck in combat with it in order to deal with it. Usually, you will use this as an opportunity to target said enemy unit with counter charges, shooting/magic attacks etc.

See BlightkingsB| for a great example.

On 11/3/2016 at 11:00 AM, Broken Netcode said:

An easier way to get a war mammoth would be to convert that Lord of the Rings elephant GW still does. Just green stuff fur on and add a new Howdah and youre finished!

A guy I played at a recent tournament did that.  Khorne collected a mighty skull that day.

30262183733_a8f64a0edc_c.jpgIMG_8091 by Markus Sharaput, on Flickr

Knights put the hurt on it, Juggerlord chopped its head off.

FMB

• 1 month later...

good luck trying to track down mammoths - they were 240 when new!!! yes!!!

and now they're mental money - even the recast copies go for the price FW charged new for them.  bonkers.

The saddest thing about the mammoth was that back in fantasy battle the howdah acted as transport for 20 marauders who could all throw javelins whilst in it and gain +1 armour save, all of this has now been lost - had that stayed, that would have been awesome.

Yes, LoTR heffalump or go all out and make an awesomeness conversion which counts as :)

Archived