What would be the perfect AoS video game?

Posted (edited)

I want the Boltgun/Doom Eternal equivalent. Mix and match all the SCE weapons and let me rip and tear through the realms. Doesn't have to be the retro look or anything, just good old fashioned unrestrained fun.

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, ZarFranz said:

A city builder game where you build your own Free city

AOS meets heldivers 2 - Lightningstrike into the fray, just love the idea of instead of drop pods you travel by lightning into one of Sigmars many enemies. Maybe a bit of Vermintide/Darktide mixed in.

Uh. Good shot! In the end it is like Vermintide, but with the right approach it could be super famous, like Helldivers.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

The great thing about AOS is the setting. It's pretty much limitless and you could do any type of game or tell any type of story. Personally they need to stop with the tactical war games and try something different. 

Too true! RPG’s & action adventures would really help get a ground view of all the crazy stuff going on in the setting and why it’s Realmscapes & mythological Gods vs Monsters atmosphere is so unique!

(also double agree on needing a BotW version, especially with TotK and the sky islands. Whole time I kept thinking how cool it’d be to see Lumineth & Helon in that way with their copious sky islands covered nation and the grand races they have where Lumineth use either flying beasts, wind spirits or even colorful giant kites to go island to island to the goal)

My top pick looking at Indies would be GW to hire the guys behind Dread Delusion and set you up in a similarly surreal environment running trade & errands you do in it as a Trade Pioneer for the new settlement trying to adapt in some region of broken floating landmasses, wandering daemons and lost undead from the past wars.

(thumbnail looks like a common dark fantasy hack-and-slash but it’s much closer to something like Daggerfall in talking to people for deliveries & quests. It’d be perfect for the Realm of Metal as you’re trying to get a map that can update itself as all the islands keep crashing into eachother constantly forming new maps as Chamon does. Plus you get a airship)

image.jpeg.a99ea049b263b88e98e77f53ec997476.jpeg

And funnily enough AlphaBeta Gamer just played a new game called Voin(Russian for Warrior) yesterday that would be Perfect for an AoS skin as it’s also a high fantasy fighting game as you play a lightning warrior slicing their way through flesh golem berserker warbands as you move portal to portal(props to the devs letting you actually see through the portals and not just a magic haze)

Easy reskin for a Soulsworn Questor and given variety with tons of AoS baddies instead while you can just populate places like the fallen stronghold with some Freeguild NPC’s or the ice caverns with lost Deepkin looking for frozen souls(ala DeathGorge)

Edited by Baron Klatz

19 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Warhammer MMO for PC/Console in Development at Jackalyptic (wccftech.com)

Those are the two games in development based on my quick search yesterday.

Well the MMO is label Warhammer so it can be any of the Warhammer setting not specifically AOS

Nexon is known for maple story and develop a lot of random assortment of games. I they are not known for their quality or have produce any game people on this site would even try.

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Well the MMO is label Warhammer so it can be any of the Warhammer setting not specifically AOS

Nexon is known for maple story and develop a lot of random assortment of games. I they are not known for their quality or have produce any game people on this site would even try.

Yeah, safe money on the “warhammer” mmo is it’s gonna be 40k.

Although…this bit always stuck in my head:

IMG_3497.png?ex=6646e190&is=66459010&hm=

I keep wondering if they were so insistent on it not being an “mmo” because they had to split the IP rights so one’s the official big AoS mmo in name while Nexon sidestepped the licensing by sticking to “PvE Social Multiplayer” instead.

Time will tell!

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, safe money on the “warhammer” mmo is it’s gonna be 40k.

Although…this bit always stuck in my head:

IMG_3497.png?ex=6646e190&is=66459010&hm=

I keep wondering if they were so insistent on it not being an “mmo” because they had to split the IP rights so one’s the official big AoS mmo in name while Nexon sidestepped the licensing by sticking to “PvE Social Multiplayer” instead.

Time will tell!

If its like the Phantasy Star Online (just realised i really miss this game) hub or like the Monster Hunter hub i would actually be fine with that. It all depends on what kind of game it turns out to be.

I am not expecting a massive AAA mmo from Nexon.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I guess at best we can hope for something like Vindictus.

basically a hack and slash MMO that you play as preset characters that are added and unlock over time which sounds like what they are doing given the limited info.

probably less anime though

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Personally, I want a Kharadron Overlords FPS. Because they have so many cool guns I want to fire. Don't tell me you wouldn't want to use a Decksweeper. 

That sounds awesome. I can see a Kharadron Skyvessel being rammed by a giant rammshackle thing, with hordes of Grotbag Skuttlerz and exploding squigs going around boarding the skyvessel while Mick Gordon music hammering my ears.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

If its like the Phantasy Star Online (just realised i really miss this game) hub or like the Monster Hunter hub i would actually be fine with that. It all depends on what kind of game it turns out to be.

I am not expecting a massive AAA mmo from Nexon.

MMOs are not in their best period, so an MMO with a high investment is a risky move, IPs apart. I wouldn't expect an MMO at all.

I'm not in touch with the industry (last game I played and finished was Witcher 3), but would instantly buy a HoMM 3 style game or the isometric RPG (Baldur's Gate style) in the AoS setting.

• Like 3

Warhammer: AoS - Gladitorium. 

Play as a Stormcast fighting through a series of arenas, fighting various big bad bosses from across the AoS factions. 

PS - The Gladitorum was an arena gifted to Sigmar by Malerion, allowing StormCast to fight each other and rise unharmed after the battle. 

Warcry hero/arena fighter, taking some concepts from Chivalry, maybe some hero selection limits or balance based on a queue system. First or third person viewpoint.

The natural elite/chaff balance could be based on priority roll along the lines of MOBA pick order with limited classes. This makes sure a team of 8 ogors doesn’t steamroll a balanced team. Basically a population limit like old Battlefront.

I’ve got tons of mechanical ideas, but the last thing I’d want is a turn based game that just replicates the tabletop. I find myself more interested in the models when I’m able to put myself in their shoes rather than guide them around the map like the hand of god.

• Like 1

I've wanted a Warhammer musou game since before AoS existed, and I think the bombastic high fantasy of AoS would suit the genre even better than the Old World would've.
A multi-faction campaign system like the old DW games had would be ideal.

1 minute ago, Gitzdee said:

Maybe we could convince someone to do an AoS musou game kickstarter XD.

There's a problem. I heard somewhere that someone tried that, but GW doesn't let you use the IP unless you pay. So unless someone can pay the rights and then do the KS... it is complicated.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

There's a problem. I heard somewhere that someone tried that, but GW doesn't let you use the IP unless you pay. So unless someone can pay the rights and then do the KS... it is complicated.

Ah yes i heard something similar a long time ago, kinda forgot about it. 

Plan B: Spam Koei about it. 👍

Edited by Gitzdee

5 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I would love an isometric rpg like Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin II, BG III and etc... with a huge selection of spells, skills, weapons, equipment and a game length of 100-200 hours. A party of 4-6 with a very good co-op mode. I think this would work much better than a Total War game. Lots op class options with SCE alone.

I think an isometric CRPG based on Soulbound would be a very cool direction to go for an AoS video game, though I'm a huge CRPG fan, so I'm a bit biased. I think Rogue Trader has shown that there's a market for Warhammer CRPGs, and BG3 has shown there's a definite market for CRPGs in general. Something Soulbound-y feels like it'd be pretty easy to do.

That said, I will also echo other folks on the Soulslike or third-person RPG kind of vibe. Something along the lines of The Witcher, or more party-based like Mass Effect/Dragon Age, would be very cool to me. A 4E game with RTS elements like Total War seems pretty obvious, but I'd love for them to explore outside of that genre for AoS since it's such a huge universe (as all Warhammer is, really, but especially AoS and 40k).

• Like 1

A roguelike set in Shadespire could be fun. Delving deeper and deeper with each return to life to try to find a way to break the curse...

You could even have multiple playable characters/parties based on the warbands from the tabletop game.