Two for Two - WD Late Again

Sleboda

I'm not sure it'll get better, as that implies GW had something about it they can fix.   I think this is a post office issue.

Isn't there something about how u.s. mail can hold onto some magazines for a while and deliver when they feel like it?

6 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Near Chicago. USA.

I'm in NW Chicago. There's a new store near Harlem and Foster. They've only been up for a month but they're getting new items real quick. Last week I saw them selling a copy of October WD. I placed an order to get one this week.

1 hour ago, Suave said:

I'm in NW Chicago. There's a new store near Harlem and Foster. They've only been up for a month but they're getting new items real quick. Last week I saw them selling a copy of October WD. I placed an order to get one this week.

Thanks, friend, but I already subscribed.  That said, I may cancel and just buy them at full retail if this keeps up.  Sorta kills the enthusiasm, you know?

Western Canada, still have not got mine. Went to the local GW store and asked the manager there and he mentioned people were coming in all day asking where their magazine is. He said wait and see till end of week and let him know and will set us up with one, I will most likely call customer service too.

I would hope they would get on the post office, but I have a feeling the post office could care less.

15 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

I'm in the North of England. First issue was late and there seemed to be a north/south divide, with the southern lot getting theirs early. I got the second issue early so can't complain. I imagine it'll get better.

I live in north of England also, but I got both of mine a week early so possibly the "hate" was towards a more specific area or more likely the randoms  of the postal service.

I got mine yesterday, but that being said it's probably not unreasonable given the circumstances (Statewide power outage last Wednesday due to bad weather late last week, Monday being a public holiday). Last one was early as well, so I'd bank this one on the disturbances.

My first issue showed up late sept. Called GW when it was a week late. They sent one to me by fed ex. And my original copy ended up making it to me as well. If you guys are having delivery problems I would call them and give them a chance to get you fixed up before cancelling.

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I'll see if it gets better, but even with fedex replacements, which is good service, it still means waiting, and that's not why you subscribe, to wait. 

Agreed. The most recent issue got to me this past Saturday. So on time...but not early. I figured I'd give it another month before calling again.

Received mine today, a week and a half after the say they post them. I noticed that they use a agency to handle specialized international publications and subscription, and looking at the back of the magazine I see they are printed in the UK. I can only assume that with the addition of a middle man and a run through customs clearance , ends up being about a week a half extra.

Well in the end I have say to myself, its just a mag. and whenever I get it,  I get it. Unlike my plastic crack...I need that on time! (which so far, always is)

Anyways, Hope you guys get your mag soon!

Archived