The Painting Contract - December 2023

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for December 2023. This is it ... the Final Painting Contract of 2023.

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer and @Sparxius

I finished basing half of my Kruleboyz last month, so I will try to finish the other half this month. Got a little distract painting a Lord Exectution for a armys on parade (I imagine ours happen a little later than the normal) single miniature competition. It was pretty fun!

TC8D-6B-PBA8_3.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

I'll try finish off my kruleboyz monsta killaz, not sure what I'll get next. Definitely need a swampcalla and some gutrippaz but I can't go for too long without painting a beastie of some kind, maybe a mirebrute or dankhold troggoth. Hopefully I'll get one of those 3 done we'll see.

• Like 1

Im going to try and get my sylvaneth cavelry done, Spiterider Lancers on bugs.

I've been wanting to convert these guys for a while, and with the new Kurnoth Hero on bug i've made my descision.

I've got a total of 12 Spiterider Lancer to convert and build another 6 Revenant Seekers.

The idea is to finish the first 6 Lancers en 6 Seekers before i go to my inlaws in Scotland.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-30 at 20.13.57.jpeg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

Sheesh. December already! 

I failed at my goal of getting my Monsta-Killaz completed in November, but am tracking to have them done within the week. Have yet to decide what I want to paint next - perhaps a Killaboss on Gnashtooth, or maybe Mugruk Da Watcha and a wee friend.

Anyway, here's a WiP shot of Morbadd, my Beastnob. This is the mini that has slowed my workflow down to a crawl, as I found the sculpt to be over-detailed and (unfortunately) quite a chore to paint.

IMG_20231206_214148.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 7

2 hours ago, Tinniez said:

I failed at my goal of getting my Monsta-Killaz completed in November, but am tracking to have them done within the week. Have yet to decide what I want to paint next - perhaps a Killaboss on Gnashtooth, or maybe Mugruk Da Watcha and a wee friend.

Anyway, here's a WiP shot of Morbadd, my Beastnob. This is the mini that has slowed my workflow down to a crawl, as I found the sculpt to be over-detailed and (unfortunately) quite a chore to paint.

IMG_20231206_214148.jpg

Great work so far, you're killing it! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tinniez said:

IMG_20231206_214148.jpg

Wow, i love it so much, can't wait to see it finished.

Got my hands on the underworlds warband and can't wait to paint those up.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Tinniez said:

IMG_20231206_214148.jpg

The best ones aren‘t easy. Push through but don‘t rush it no matter how sick you are of it, it‘s really coming together beautifully, would be a shame to not give it your best for the last few bits. You‘re almost there… 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding my own stuff… I‘m currently torn between painting some of my GW trees or my new chaos warriors (looking forward to them for ages). I‘m more or less done with quite a few of my terrain pieces I‘ve painted over the last 2 months, some still need a bit of detailing (and varnish) for me to call them truly done but I‘m not sure how much I‘ll get done this month. I will be able to finish those pieces up but not sure if I manage to make pic-worthy progress on the other ones. 😭 

• Like 2

I've actually  been painting this month!!! Got a bunch of details done that push the handful of Stormcast I'm working on to about 80% done each :D the only issue now is I might be missing the ponytail of a limited edition liberator prime.. but hey, that's what digging through the bitz box is for...

don't ask me about basing though

• Like 1

Its been a while since i participated here...last one was Nov 21 😅

About time i post something again!

My current project is to finish 3 Kurnoth Scythes, 3 Kurnoth Bows and an Awakend Wyldwood. All done with base colors atm. Lets see how it stands at the end of the month.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2023 at 8:51 PM, Tinniez said:

IMG_20231206_214148.jpg

I'm just getting close to finishing my monsta killaz atm, they have so many different materials and textures they are a pain for sure. Looks awesome though!

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2023 at 11:01 PM, Luperci said:

I'm just getting close to finishing my monsta killaz atm, they have so many different materials and textures they are a pain for sure. Looks awesome though!

Here they are! Really happy with the beastnob and clutcha grot in particular PXL_20231214_212950048.PORTRAIT.jpg.d540bbe7342d892ab14669b9a5aca10b.jpgPXL_20231214_213321726.PORTRAIT.jpg.3a66427824e5e48f1c5fd96ccfb91dad.jpgPXL_20231214_213357235.PORTRAIT.jpg.76defc146db610e16b3d49fa94df0d2d.jpgPXL_20231214_213659221.PORTRAIT.jpg.4b16c67dd4ab5b7b7e525c3743319164.jpgPXL_20231214_213504307.PORTRAIT.jpg.b0207c2f8d1a27f75a9d72ee35f32381.jpgPXL_20231214_213542996.PORTRAIT.jpg.2177545c4281111cef9eaec5d4ca99f1.jpg

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 4