Realm of Light Army Aesthetic?

KHHaunts

So id like to assume at some point they will bring out a army for the realm of life particularly aligned with tyrion as the god of light.

What ive been wondering is what will something from the realm of life really look like?

Obviously we can only speculate on the exact forms.

But the aesthetics and themes that i may have attributed to light have already been heavily taken up by the Stormcasts and sigmar (AKA blazing golden warriors, Angels, etc) that im struggling to imagine what form tyrion himself might take as glowing holy light seems to close to sigmar (Most of the artwork you see of him he is covered in golden light with halos and everything)

So what do people think how will GW choose to interpret light in the for of Tyrion and co

Don't get hung up on 'light' in the sense of photons and physical brightness. The Realm of Hysh is the realm of abstract thought, dreams, logic, mathematics, symmetry, meaning and ideasthesia.

So I'd expect aporetic arrows, deadly Ockhamite razors, teleporting dreamwalkers, and special rules that muck about with probabilities.

Or maybe just a lot of crystal spires and togas...

Well the fyreslayers that live in the realm of light use the crystals and the sun to help with their blacksmithing. 

Sigmar is divine because people believe him to be that way and he is acting the part. The mortal realm of heavens pretty much matches it they note that the night sky is filled with countless stars and mini rocks etc. 

22 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Pure speculation: The Eavy Metal team never bother to paint any models belonging to the Light/Hysh faction as all photos of them require them to be obscured by multiple lens flares.

I'll bet they hired JJ Abrams to help set that up.

To the original post -  think we'll see a lot of yellows and whites.  A lot of flowing robes.  And a fair amount of the new pre sculpted bases.

I could see Tyrion bringing more of his Aelf kin with him into Hysh than Alarielle did, given the complicated relationship between the forest spirits and the Wood Elves and the lack of a similar species in Hysh to resent Aelves. We might see the Hysh faction as the inheritors of the High Elves, with an aesthetic of beings that were once Aelves but have been changed by their Realm.

The other thing to consider is how they might have been effected by Chaos. The fact that Ghoran was invaded by Nurgle has contributed to the style of the Sylvaneth, while the fact that the Fyreslayers were not tied to a Realm that any of the gods was particularly interested in has shaped them. Let's say that Hysh has been invaded heavily by Tzeentch; that might lead to a magically powerful Light Aelf society that values wizards who can counter Tzeentch's magic, while if it was Slaanesh, they might be a harshly regimented military society with lots of flying chariots and no fun.

• 10 months later...

The aesthetic I envision (And may attempt after my AoS28 project, or maybe as an AoS28 side project) leans towards the imagery we see from the White mana cards for Magic the Gathering.

So proud noble people, long flowing cloth, vast libraries, lots of straight lines and symmetrical layouts to the area. Feathered angelic beings, regal beasts.

From Teclis's influence, we have powerful mage-priests who hold back the corruption of chaos, while Tyrion gives us resplendent calvary and masterful swordsmen.

I think in this realm we will most likely see Slannesh as the corrupting influence. Both because the patron good deities are Aelves and because of the brothers capturing It. Perhaps some slow burning corruption as the imprisoned god-thing's essence leeches into the surrounding world and draws Its followers like a siren's song. 

It would likely be the place for GW to reintroduce a proper high aelve or united aelf faction, maybe with a few human units thrown in. Maybe even the resurrection of Slannesh's favorite son Sigvald? Yeah Throgg caved his head in but his soul belonged to Slannesh.

It would also fit thematically as I think Sigvald would be the perfect example of light (and what many would perceive as beautiful) corrupted.

... And now I think I figured out my Realm of Light project *goes to find mirror paint*

I'm thinking the excessive use of abstracted artifacts and magical enchantments. 

I have a feeling hue shifts of pink to blue to green to silver. Resources only found in this realm give off almost unnatural glow and refract colors.

The Thungur lodge of fyreslayers work hyshian crystals into their armor, made of caged moonlight. We may see types of LIGHT as the main resource there. I'm thinking tyrion and teclis' ideal of civilization has developed into the maintenance, construction, study, and magical usage of such things. Such as the Kharadrons have revolved their entire lifestyle around aether gold. Floating palaces of crystal, walkways of light, multiple suns and moons in the sky, maybe sometimes simultaneously, spires of magical research, great beasts who slither across the skies flickering visibly etc.

33 minutes ago, Aegisgrimm said:

Plus the great thing is that High Elves already come with alot of that aesthetic, with flying hawk-pulled chariots, heroes riding griffins, and what could be giant "Celestial" lions.

The latest Stormcast Battletome mentions a Swifthawk outpost in the realm of light

On 10/1/2016 at 4:02 AM, Double Misfire said:

An Egyptian inspired theme for the realm of light, following on from the 4th ed onwards depictions of the Empire Light College could be cool now that Tomb Kings are (plain)dead.

I still refuse to believe that those models are consigned to dust.  End times made a big point of the chaos gods resurrecting settra, and I can see the story arc in the future of AoS swinging around to this little detail.  Nagash's sworn enemy of old... now back again but with chaos energy flowing through his bones... imagine that.

Archived