WiP Wednesdays

Ben

8 hours ago, Dez said:

I guess I wasn't quite done with Wednesday yet :) Here is a wrap up of what I'm working on for The Budget of Sigmar 2: Electric Boogaloo as well as a look at the downloadable Age of Sigmar tokens from Mortal Realms.

Damn Dez! With all those bitz I'm starting to question the "Budget" part of your title :D Unless your bitzbox is absolutely massive! Great work though!

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) that's not even the start of the Bitz Box :) The Budget part isn't monetary, it's referring to a structured monthly build. I could never buy anything ever again and still not get to it all...bit of a Wargaming hoarder ;)

Edited by Dez
  • Like 2

WiP Thursday!!!....oh man I'm late again.

Here are where my converted Stormfiends are at, they have a lot of base paint and weathering and the wood is done. I need to turn up the contrast in a lot of places.

I also started an Arch Warlock on Mono Wheel conversion.

large.IMG_4326.jpglarge.IMG_4328.jpglarge.IMG_4330.jpglarge.IMG_4332.jpglarge.IMG_4333.jpglarge.IMG_4334.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've continued working on my giant. I've mostly worked on the head and the basic shape of the helmet and face are about done:

20161123_135144.jpg

20161123_135400.jpg

Lots of cleanup and detail still to do, of course. I've also started on the arms, though nothing worth showing yet.

The greatest progress has been made with my free SLAUGHTERPRIEST WITH HACKBLADE AND WRATHHAMMER (Wrathhammer not added yet)20161123_134911(0).jpg

I've also started on 10 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch. Not my favorite kit of all times, but they came with the start collecting box and you can't have Chaos without at least one unit of these. I ended up modifying far more than planned (it was supposed to be some simple headswaps:o). Here's the one furthest ahead, to show the direction I am taking:

20161123_135914.jpg20161123_135832.jpg

I hope to get all these ready for paint by the end of the year, with priority on the giant and 10 warriors. If I get those two units painted by then, even better.

• Like 3

So my local GW is doing an advent competition. You buy anything under £20, and a base/layer paint. It is wrapped, and then given out at random to another entrant. I put in a dark elf sorceress and a dark blue grey, with a message referring to Lolth, goddess of the drow. Fortunately, I met the guy who ended up with her and he's totally up for it! I ended up with a skink starpriest and slaanesh grey. I'm happy, it's a real departure from my natural safety net of green skin, browns, silver, and red. And a paint I didn't already own.

I am planning on giving the recesses another wash after I have finished painting all the skin slaanesh grey. The scales I'm thinking of doing black with a purple spine, and the crest purple too. Not too sure on the metal, I think bright gold is a good variant from the cold skin. Not sure on spot colours for the feathers of gems, maybe red? Or a dark emerald green? Help appreciated!

IMAG0728.thumb.jpg.d56871b670f689c29d08cIMAG0729.thumb.jpg.fbfa9f6d75568951276f8

Skink starpriest work continues. Actually really enjoying it, though it's tough to find a decent angle to hold it, I need to invest in a drill! Still need to work on all the metallics. The knife blade I went for Jade, though it needs a strong edge highlight. I will also be adding some dark green for gemstones in places, such as the staff, as well as on the base steps. I'm tempted to experiment with green glazes on the staff, to make it shiny and green. All the blending on the feathers I am happy with, though as I did them in a hurry, and didn't care for my brush so well, all the bristles tore off in cleaning! Clean snapped, not even pulled from the ferrule.

IMAG0731.jpgIMAG0732.jpg

I am thinking of mixing it up further with the base and maybe using some snow? It still has the steps and the details, I shaved it down and stuck it on a 32mm round. It currently just has greenstuff and stirland mud to cover gaps and build it up.

Edited by Soulsmith
  • Like 5

Well, this is my progress from Wednesday, I just had to wait for better light.

My slaughterpriest is about done:

20161208_134020.jpg

20161208_134110.jpg

I just have to complete the wrathhammer and some minor detail and touchups, then he is ready to go.

20161208_134212.jpg

The giant had the his helmet fully shaped and ready to receive details. The greaves are getting close to detail work as well. Once those are finished, I can attatch and finish sculpting the arms as well.

My Chaos Warriors are growing in ranks and detail as well:

20161208_134518-b.jpg

Got a sixt close to that stage as well, but still a lot of work to be done on these. I am looking to add some gems (as seen on the iconbearer and symbols of Tzeentch, to tie them together with an eventual Arcanites release. Lots of work to be done on these, as I went more than a bit overboard in personalising these. It is good practise though and since they are rank and file, I feel I can get away with a few mistakes.

Sorry about the one guy hiding his head behind the sword though, I only caught that bit of bad positioning in uploading.

• Like 1

Once again actually a Thursday, but Skink priest is finished, and now in a display case at my local GW. I am very happy with it, especially the base, Valhallen blizzard is fantastic, and easy to use. Managed to build up drifts and give a direction of fall. Also managed to keep most the bones poking through from the sculpted base.

IMAG0738.jpg

IMAG0739.jpg

IMAG0740.jpg

Edited by Soulsmith
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...