• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Double post but a brief in-game battle footage is out:

Cool to see the Sloggoths in action.

Beta starts on July 7 to July 10

Also can’t help but feel “the stench of Death is here, and not just from the Orruks” is a tease the Death reveal is on the horizon.

Why does this look so good???

I'm just hoping the beta is relatively open and not limited to like 100 people or whatever.

• Like 5

Okay, going over some clips:

First off, mood face when you roll poorly.

4D454BC4-2AF4-4B32-97A0-38F9A011FD33.png

secondly, that Belch Banner ability is nasty(in both senses of the word). I can see even one hero can greatly turn the tide of a battle.
9D07E8C8-9778-49CA-8AEA-153A6D8D00BC.png

66765FE8-E7AE-4204-A9B2-B3316E453550.png

Kruleboyz rocking camouflage abilities, that’ll be tough if they can get their shooters and artillery in a good ambush spot and open fire when you’re out in the open and too close to run.

089CD740-E201-4617-843E-7AB5FC7DDFCF.png

Sloggoths can further get an ambush going by throwing nets to stop retreats.

D2E00683-ECBB-4C78-91EE-F5E2B45C8B44.jpg

If Prosecutors are the living artillery unit I wonder how the Annihilators will function since their whole thing is crash landing on the opponent.

I wonder if they both can do it but Annihilators just hit harder in a bigger area of effect to make up for being a slower unit that can’t just fly away afterwards.

81FCF92F-CE68-4B6C-812F-741F39337DCE.png

And cool to see some Stormcast tents in the background near a Realmgate. Ready to dig in or move out depending how the situation goes.

image.png.0fac1b8e1736a54b2b9a05a434d0d0fe.png

• Like 1

Gameplay all looks like it has the potential to be fun. Looks to be Dawn of War 2 style with very limited base building and small squads of troops supported by heroes, which all makes a lot of sense.

The one thing that I really hope they get right (and I hope improves from what we can see in the trailer) is the sound design. There's potential for some fantastically satisfying clunks of stormcast hammers or cracks of lightning that if they get it right will make SCE just so much fun to play.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

And cool to see some Stormcast tents in the background near a Realmgate. Ready to dig in or move out depending how the situation goes.

image.png.0fac1b8e1736a54b2b9a05a434d0d0fe.png

Stormcast Tents and Kruleboyz towers/ structures look awesome. It's something that I really want to see because a few months ago I wanted to sculpt some army specific terrain (lumineth buildings) and I had a hard time finding any reference.

• Like 3

My three takes from the interview:

Toggle-able “over the shoulder” and “long range reticle” unit command is really nice for “classic or new” RTS control.

The Ballistar animation of if one engineer dies the other carries on taking the work and doing a few extra animations to control it is crazy good detail compared to the “robot medieval ballista” we’re seeing these days from Age of Empires.

Having the Draconith rider move first and then the mount follow through to act like two different models is a really nice touch.

Hope they put that Stormcast unit overview trailer up on YouTube soon. ️ 

a few things,

on discord they said that are still yet to be reveal SCE units

look out for the battlemage

there is two resources: realmstone and Command, i think they said movements like charge and retreat cost command and abilities cost realmstone. not sure if basic movement cost command.

Edited by novakai

(RE)START THE FACTION SPECULATIONS!

"In truth, Sammarco says that most, if not all of the factions in the tabletop version of Age Of Sigmar would have made equally great candidates for leading a real-time strategy game. After all, the Stormcast Eternals and Orruk Kruleboyz are just two of the eventual four factions you'll be able to play as in the game - Frontier are saving the reveal of their other factions for closer to launch - but he did tell me that there were "a number of criteria" that helped them settle on the ones they've gone for here.

We wanted some factions that were clearly recognisable, as this being Age Of Sigmar, this is what it's all about," he says. "I don't think it would have been right to have an Age Of Sigmar game and not have the Stormcast Eternals at the end of the day. They're great, and they're the poster child for good reason."

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-realms-of-ruins-story-campaign-will-have-plenty-of-meat-on-its-bones

Also an affirmation of long-term support in the closing (not surprising but I know others needed it).

I am sticking to my S2D predictions for Chaos, though I'm leaning more towards Nighthaunt for Death now. OBR are still iconic but would probably play too similarly to Stormcast to be at launch.

• Like 1

I'm going to go on record and predict Nighthaunt and Blades of Khorne as the two other launch factions, for a few reasons. One from Death and one from Chaos to round out the GAs.

Nighthaunt because FEC and SBG will read as more classic undead and I think they'll want a more AoSy spin on it. Also because I think they'll fit a nice surgical strike technical micro sort of playstyle faction wise.

A daemon focused Blades of Khorne because StD has just a little too much overlap with SCE for dudes in armour. Khorne specifically because it works as an all in fighty melee faction and because Khorne feels the most recognisable to people who are tangentially familiar with warhammer, or not at all. Plus I think the anti-magic stuff might make for some interesting interactions between the factions.

1 hour ago, Dogmantra said:

I'm going to go on record and predict Nighthaunt and Blades of Khorne as the two other launch factions, for a few reasons. One from Death and one from Chaos to round out the GAs.

Nighthaunt because FEC and SBG will read as more classic undead and I think they'll want a more AoSy spin on it. Also because I think they'll fit a nice surgical strike technical micro sort of playstyle faction wise.

A daemon focused Blades of Khorne because StD has just a little too much overlap with SCE for dudes in armour. Khorne specifically because it works as an all in fighty melee faction and because Khorne feels the most recognisable to people who are tangentially familiar with warhammer, or not at all. Plus I think the anti-magic stuff might make for some interesting interactions between the factions.

You made such a good point for Khorne, the only problem is we've already seen the ogroid Magus thing that Tzeentch has :( forgot to say that's why I think S2d will be the Chaos pick; gives the team the ability to include something for every Chaos God.

you make a good point with the anti-magic though--if it is Disciples, that might be a weird matchup against Nighthaunt