18 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

How do you fell about the Slann in those games? I'm trying to get a 1k list to build towards and was wondering if the Slann would pull its weight or if would be better to keep him for larger points games.

For smaller games without a Slann I would instantly switch to Coalesced. For Starborne I really feel that every list has to start with a Slann.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

The problem with summoning in smaller games is that the summoning rules are usually not balanced for that.

Ju might get a little less CPP in a smaller game (since you have fewer mages) but with a slann and a astrolith banner and the pyramid you will have little problem to get 8 points a turn with some unbinds. Which means you could summon a unit of skinks or similar from turn 2 and onwards leading to you basically having a 1000 point army in total.  With 4 skinkunits it is an increase by 56 % in total points.

In a 2000 point game you might get a bit more points (especially if you go the Kroak+slann build) but your summoning will be much less impactful, with between 12 and 16 points per round you would get about a 25 % increase in total points if you only summon stuff.

Now, personally I have a feeling the summoning might need a little tweek to be more costly but there need to be more data on it from gamesbefore GW should do anything.

You don’t get a point for the Realmshaper, but otherwise you are correct.

Now, I’ve played against HoS, so the summoning worked for both sides - and on my side the power of it is somewhat mitigated by the lack of models (that’s why I used Azure Light). But still, it’s really easy to drop units here and there.

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

How does the -1dmg work with mortal wounds?

assuming a Warplightning cannon achieves 6 MWs against a coalesced unit of Saurus Warriors.

it it -1dmg ==> 5 MWs?

Section 14.0 Wounds suggests that damage inflicted by attacks is different than mortal wounds caused. As Scaly Skin refers to damage inflicted by each successful attack I would argue that it does not work against MW. Moreover, only regular attacks have a damage characteristic. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pikachoux said:

What do you think about the new kroxigors? Which version looks better on paper?

They look pretty similar damage wise (see the graph and table bellow). The regular kroxigors end being favored as they are cheaper, but if you have the points to spare is a matter of how much you value the warpawned natural extra rend vs how frequently you expect to fight units with 10 or more models.

image.png.b13e71bc57d061b1d0175851e742dae0.png

• 1 month later...

I’ve played two PtG games today (600 pts) and devastated my friends twice. In such small games the Starborne Slann domination wraps the game around him. If you can kill the Slann fast, you win - if not, the MW output and the summoning kills you.

Also, the Salamander (aka Spawn) is surprisingly good in melee.

I think I will have to switch to Coalesced to keep the PtG fun for everyone 🤔

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I want to play a Starborne Dracothion’s Tail 2K army without Kroak. I am a bit lost and have some questions.

- Is it viable in a semi-competitive enviorement?
- How many wizards? Slann+starpriest+starseer+Astrolith is enough for CCP generation? Or better to add also a troglodon Oracle?
- Which units are good in Dracothion’s subfaction? 5 guard, 10 warriors, 6 krox, 1 Ark of Sotek is a good mix?
- Which are good strategies when playing Dracothion’s subfaction? 

Thank you for your advice and list proposals?