The Painting Contract - April 2023

I made some weird scatter terrain this weekend.

My wife recently bought a bath bomb that came in sort of snail-shaped blister pack:

20230410_223410.jpg.1605d58cd83d36e7c6e8ed99a53cd18a.jpg

I used this to make a couple of impressions with air drying clay, painted them up and stuck them on some bases:

20230410_223713.jpg.e18f3f92c65ee7b37b856500ceb2c0de.jpg

I always like the trope that the deserts of today are actually ancient oceans. And I think for the mortal realms, it's appropriate that those ancient oceans are full of gigantic whelks. Maybe those shells are even the kind of special magical material that Bonereapers would fight someone over.

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 4

I promise all these text posts will eventually include an actual army pic but after slight changes I'm now pushing myself to finish the whole army to a battle ready standard by this weekend for a local tournament. I paint zenithal-contrast-base[battle ready]-drybrush-contrast-highlight[parade] and the army is literally 2 coats away from battle ready except I changed the list to now have to paint 6 tzaangor enlightened from scratch rather than the 20 almost completed ungor.

So now my goal is finish

24 gor (so close)

3 tuskgor chariot (I can almost)

9 bullgor (taste it*)

6 tzaangor enlightened  (from primed)

All the bases

In... 4 days lol

Wish me luck

* warning do not taste the bullgor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Finished another set of 5 Thunderers, painting them with the weapons glued wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Unsure of what will come next. Trying to get everything painted for a tournament next month, so may some more KO or some sylvaneth units.

IMG_20230413_101927.jpg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

Painting some more terrain. This time, it's grave site tokens for my Gravelords army.

20230415_2008402.jpg.26f7963c3073db885a1d35ebc38228f1.jpg

They are made of 1" radius plywood bases. I rolled out some Milliput with an Egyptian texture roller, added some sand texture paste and glued a few tomb kingsy bits on top. I am going for an impression of a fragment of a wall burried in the desert sand.

• Like 3

Sorry for the crappy picture, i was in a hurry to take it yesterday.

I worked on the bases.

- Lighter Treelord base, almost finished, painted up and started to add tufts, just need to paint te rim and earth sides.

- Durthu base needs more painting and adding tufts, excited about this one where it will end.

After this they will be done and i'll take some beautyshots.

2 month progress coming to a finish, supper excited, because these bases will pave the way for how more bases will look in the future.
Next project might be the Queen of Sylvaneth, my wife has wanted me to finish that project for a while haha.

8e77f2c2-b01e-4ab3-a892-33b68a76f5ac.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3