Stormbringer - Age of Sigmar partworks from Hachette info thread

EonChao

Pricing up the models listed in the first post against the Games Workshop website, it is a big saving.

It seems it is possible to opt out of all extra costs as per their FAQs.

You will be automatically opted in to receive binders and special issues throughout your collection, though you may opt out of receiving these by contacting our Customer Service Team.

If you want the free gifts, you would need to subscribe by tomorrow.

I am really tempted to subscribe to this.

Does anyone know if the last Hachette subscription service included paints and if so, if they were contrast paints?

Edited by Sunshine

4 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Pricing up the models listed in the first post against the Games Workshop website, it is a big saving.

It seems it is possible to opt out of all extra costs as per their FAQs.

You will be automatically opted in to receive binders and special issues throughout your collection, though you may opt out of receiving these by contacting our Customer Service Team.

If you want the free gifts, you would need to subscribe by tomorrow.

I am really tempted to subscribe to this.

Does anyone know if the last Hachette subscription service included paints and if so, if they were contrast paints?

Here in Spain both Imperium and Mortal Realms have paints and scenography

Really waiting for this to begin here, the content would be very useful for building my secondary army cheapily

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sunshine said:

It did, and no, they were regular base, layer & shade paints, as well as a couple of technicals (stirland mud, nihilakh oxide, and stormshield varnish).

I didn't read all the painting guides, but the assumption in Mortal Realms was that you are only using what comes with the magazine, which means no spray primer. I suppose they could suggest brush-undercoating with a light colour for contrast paints but I can't imagine that would give particularly great results.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Subscriptions are live at https://www.warhammerstormbringer.com/ again, with the first issue listed as being released on the 31st, so I guess Fauxhammer was correct.

I've subscribed, starting with issue 4, as I don't need the equivalent of the Warrior Starter Set for about the price I can buy it from a third party retailer, and I doubt I'll be able to sell the contents on eBay for much either. I'm not sure yet whether I'll stay subbed for the whole run: I am mainly subbing for now to make sure I get the limited edition Praetor (I could buy this direct, or from Forbidden Planet, but there's always the risk it sells out super fast, so this way I should guarantee one). That said, there's an awful lot of the other stuff I want, and I should be able to sell most the stuff I don't on eBay, so I might stay subbed.

I didn't go for the Premium version. I already have the Yndrasta sprue and I don't want the Kruleboyz sprue, and I suspect they'll be selling incredibly cheaply on eBay once they are released (you can already pick them up for about £40 now). I kinda want the KO and Troggoths stuff, but I suspect I could buy it separately for cheaper than the overall cost of the premium sub, so I am happy to give them a miss.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2022 at 10:38 AM, JerekKruger said:

Subscriptions are live at https://www.warhammerstormbringer.com/ again, with the first issue listed as being released on the 31st, so I guess Fauxhammer was correct.

I've subscribed, starting with issue 4, as I don't need the equivalent of the Warrior Starter Set for about the price I can buy it from a third party retailer, and I doubt I'll be able to sell the contents on eBay for much either. I'm not sure yet whether I'll stay subbed for the whole run: I am mainly subbing for now to make sure I get the limited edition Praetor (I could buy this direct, or from Forbidden Planet, but there's always the risk it sells out super fast, so this way I should guarantee one). That said, there's an awful lot of the other stuff I want, and I should be able to sell most the stuff I don't on eBay, so I might stay subbed.

I didn't go for the Premium version. I already have the Yndrasta sprue and I don't want the Kruleboyz sprue, and I suspect they'll be selling incredibly cheaply on eBay once they are released (you can already pick them up for about £40 now). I kinda want the KO and Troggoths stuff, but I suspect I could buy it separately for cheaper than the overall cost of the premium sub, so I am happy to give them a miss.

It's looking quite possible it's another trial run but fingers crossed it's live now or soon.

Think I'm going to pass on this one.  Although it's amazing value I'm also conscious that I've the contents of the last two subscriptions still to paint 😂  I may try and dip in and grab the odd issue here and there - I've not any of the newer style Stormcast so could be tempted purely to paint up

On 9/4/2022 at 5:24 PM, sandlemad said:

So this was supposed be out in UK shops last week, anyone see it?

Not yet. I didn’t get chance last week to check but will check in local super market as need to get a few things. Not sure which shops will normally get this though. 

I need to go into Birmingham next week so will also check out Forbidden Planet. 

So my local Asda didn’t have any in stock although they do normally stock White Dwarf. If I go anywhere like a newsagents later this week I’ll check but I think it will be more next week when I’m in Birmingham. No idea how anybody else is getting on but I’m guessing it will be hit and miss and if you really want it, subscribe.

• Like 2

I always found WHSmiths locally had copies of the other subscriptions (Mortal Realms, Imperium etc), however it does seem to be really sporadic and I think after a while a lot of places just stop stocking it.

Not sure if it's still the case, but previously Forbidden Planet sold the magazine 50p cheaper than you could pick it up - but you had to order it manually.

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Not sure if it's still the case, but previously Forbidden Planet sold the magazine 50p cheaper than you could pick it up - but you had to order it manually.

They do this on stuff they can’t shift. It can be hit and miss in store as it depends if somebody has had the same idea as you! 😁

Forbidden Planet's website hasn't got any Stormbringer issues up for sale on their website, which makes me wonder whether this is indeed a second trial. Hachette don't seem very transparent about when things are and aren't trials: I signed up for the first run (including giving card details), didn't receive anything, contacted them and was told the trial was now over. So despite having received two emails saying

[QUOTE]

As a subscriber to the Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Stormbringer test in February 2022, we thought you'd like to know that the new and improved collection is here!

Thank you for your feedback on the February test - we have taken this on board and have made a variety of changes to the collection based on your feedback.

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to wait and see whether I get a delivery on the 21st or the 28th or the 5th (not sure when the delivery containing issues 4, 5 and 6 would be sent) before I consider this to actually be a full release.

So I’ve had a look through some shops in Birmingham and I’ve purposely not visited any gaming stores to see if it was available.

It was not! I couldn’t see any copies of it at all. I even visited Forbidden Planet (not a gaming store 😁) and there was no copies there (saw lots of sisters stuff though with the copies of Imperium they had!).

So it’s possible they are sticking to just a subscription or the launch was delayed.

• Like 1

I happened to be in WHSmiths today, and saw two copies of the latest Imperium magazine, but no copies of Stormbringer. It's possible Hachette and/or news agents have decided Stormbringer won't be as popular as Imperium, so aren't stocking it on shelves, but I do wonder even more whether it was simply a second stealth trial.

3 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

I happened to be in WHSmiths today, and saw two copies of the latest Imperium magazine, but no copies of Stormbringer. It's possible Hachette and/or news agents have decided Stormbringer won't be as popular as Imperium, so aren't stocking it on shelves, but I do wonder even more whether it was simply a second stealth trial.

I have a feeling it’s another stealth trial now as well. I’ve just not seen it anywhere. I’m also wondering if they are going to drop this partially due to how people will change their spending habits but I also have a feeling there will be a Horus Heresy version. 

• Sad 1

And it was a trial! ☹️

https://www.fauxhammer.com/partworks-magazines/warhammer-stormbringer-it-was-atrial/

Mixed feelings as I understand the need to drum up enough people subscribing but at same time I’m quite annoyed at the time I wasted going around Birmingham looking for this.

The short story is, if you want this - subscribe.

However, I suspect a lot of people will be just getting issues for things they want. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1