AoS 3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Arzalyn

1 hour ago, Sabush said:

Rules for the new Monsta-Killaz are up.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/3AvUmpR7caClqXZF.pdf

What do people think?

In my opinion they sound pretty good against monsters, but that's about it
Many attacks per model and 2 inch range which is good for venom I guess.
If they were battleline I might've used them, but now I feel like I won't ever use them.

Well the monsta-killaz name ended making they have niche rules as I feared (aka anti-monster). Maybe they could see some play if they were released at the start of the edition, but right now monsters are far from common to justify such specialized unit.

Maybe GW create a army of renow for them in the next book, like the did for the fyreslayers and ogors warcry units...

Its not really that much of a specialized unit. sure the abilities only affect monsters, but the base scroll has pretty good output for kruleboyz (handily beating gutrippaz).
If these guys were battleline I'd probably always take them over 10 gutrippaz The durability difference starts getting way more noticeable once you reinforce the gutrippaz so 20 rippaz would be doing a different job.

Even when not faced against monsters this unit doesn't feel dead like the killbow or murknob, but against monsters this unit can be a big deal. the 3+ fight last means your opponent needs to be very careful about charging in with monsters.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Its not really that much of a specialized unit. sure the abilities only affect monsters, but the base scroll has pretty good output for kruleboyz (handily beating gutrippaz).
If these guys were battleline I'd probably always take them over 10 gutrippaz The durability difference starts getting way more noticeable once you reinforce the gutrippaz so 20 rippaz would be doing a different job.

Even when not faced against monsters this unit doesn't feel dead like the killbow or murknob, but against monsters this unit can be a big deal. the 3+ fight last means your opponent needs to be very careful about charging in with monsters.

Agree with all of this.

Their damage output is actually very impressive, averaging nearly 13 wounds a round against a 4+ save if they are in range of a Sloggoth and Raker.  Point for point better than any other unit we have.

Just make them battleline if the breakaboss is the general , it’s already a good trade for most list that don’t include the breakaboss already . Monsta killaz are from the beast breakaz tribes and breakaboss are the boss of the beast breaka tribes so it makes sense 

• Like 2

On 10/18/2023 at 10:26 PM, Grunbag said:

Just make them battleline if the breakaboss is the general , it’s already a good trade for most list that don’t include the breakaboss already . Monsta killaz are from the beast breakaz tribes and breakaboss are the boss of the beast breaka tribes so it makes sense 

Yes! That would be awesome!

Btw, I want to see a unit of beastnobs, wearing as many trophies and fancy stuff that even Maneaters are going to be jealous.

Edited by Beliman
asdasdsada
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's late. It's been a long night for me and this is just some random thoughts pertaining to the most recent addition to my fav lil bog ninjas, Daggoks stab ladz. 

Overall the sculpts are fantastic and they were definitely dwarfed by other things revealed in this particular preview but I'll take any new Kruleboyz I can get. However there is one tiny detail that I cannot stop thinking about and it deals with Daggok himself. 

Screenshot_20231118_054301_FreeAdblockerBrowser(1).jpg.e8f7db112de7c8f08a265dbc22c928fd.jpg

Now I really like him but one design point in particular perplexes me. It's his random metal spiked face plate thing. 

Screenshot_20231118_054301_FreeAdblockerBrowser.jpg.df5be571be414e36d1874d4d614831ea.jpg

If we look across all of the Kruleboyz range so far there is nothing like this in their design as their designs have all been functional fantasy. Hope this makes sense. 

Now I've watched the vid to get as many different angles as possible and the only conclusion I've come to is this damn thing is bolted to his skull!! This is a design point way more reminiscent of ironjawz as the Kruleboyz have all been very functional fantasy and I think this is partly why they appeal to me so very much. 

It's a small thing but is this the first hints of Kruleboyz design starting to blend more into ironjawz? 

I do not dislike the model at all, quite the contrary actually,  it's just something that is sticking out to me that I can't unsee. 

Or maybe it's just one nerds overlly attentive attention to detail getting the best of him...

Edited by Vasshpit

I'm new to the army and have played a few games.

My friends and I have all started new armies and are playing PtG as we grow our forces. I'll be building my Kruleboyz towards big yellers because I think they are fun and different from the Sylvaneth I also play.

I love the hobgrot minis, but I'm really struggling with utilizing them well in games. They are quite fragile and their shooting attack is not great, neither is their close combat. I was trying to use them to hold objectives, but my opponents (Hedonites, Seraphon, and Idoneth) and remove them quite easily with range (blissbards, skinks, and reavers). 

I'm starting to feel destined to struggle with the Kruleboyz for the first few months as we grow. 

Here is my starting army:

Killa boss

Swampcalla

10 gutrippaz with stickas

6 boltboyz

10 hobgrots

Beast skewer

Game 1 was tough to evaluate because the terrain placement was so dense that my boltboyz had no targets for 2 turns. Game 2 was pretty similar because we played the same scenario (the ritual) but reversed attackers/defenders. The hobgrotz get decimated so easily and it feels like I'm essentially playing 80 points down.

Any help would be great. 

10 hours ago, Lavieth said:

I'm new to the army and have played a few games.

My friends and I have all started new armies and are playing PtG as we grow our forces. I'll be building my Kruleboyz towards big yellers because I think they are fun and different from the Sylvaneth I also play.

I love the hobgrot minis, but I'm really struggling with utilizing them well in games. They are quite fragile and their shooting attack is not great, neither is their close combat. I was trying to use them to hold objectives, but my opponents (Hedonites, Seraphon, and Idoneth) and remove them quite easily with range (blissbards, skinks, and reavers). 

I'm starting to feel destined to struggle with the Kruleboyz for the first few months as we grow. 

Here is my starting army:

Killa boss

Swampcalla

10 gutrippaz with stickas

6 boltboyz

10 hobgrots

Beast skewer

Game 1 was tough to evaluate because the terrain placement was so dense that my boltboyz had no targets for 2 turns. Game 2 was pretty similar because we played the same scenario (the ritual) but reversed attackers/defenders. The hobgrotz get decimated so easily and it feels like I'm essentially playing 80 points down.

Any help would be great. 

You aren't wrong in your assessment that the hobgrotz do very little damage wise. Been a road blocker that will eventually die is their main function. It may fell like you wasting point when you opponent shoots at them, but try to see the other side. Your opponent as 5 shooting phases in the game and they are wasting one of them to kill your 80 points unit that is there to die.

I understand that at smaller point games it may fell a little sad to loose them, but dying is basically their role. If you want to make them last a little longer, you could try going with grinning blades rather than big-yellers, as blades trait is tailor-made to go against shooting. If you don't want to change your subfaction, another possibility is trying to get covered in mud dirty trick on them. Not super reliable due to the dice roll to get the trick, but it should work if you get it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/09/daggoks-stab-ladz-headhunt-across-the-mortal-realms-with-free-rules-for-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

AOS rules for Daggok et all have dropped; sadly seem kinda mid. If they just generated cps that'd be good, but I can't think that they're valuable enough to be worth caring about the benefits of command abilities on them
also kinda surprised that Daggok isn't a hero tbh

EDIT: Just realised they're only 70 pts, so that could make them worthwhile

EDIT 2: Wait heck that debuff is good, I just got distracted by the not-cp ability

Edited by Lord_of_theRavenspire

They are quite cheap wounds, even cheaper than stabbas. Unfortunate that they are single and unique so only one screen. But else they might possibly be spammed in Big waaagh or something. 

Seems like decent allies in gitz. Kruleboyz provide a lot of good ally options. Marsh crawla, monsta-killaz (realy good) and now these guys. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, woolf said:

Is it possible to buy this guys somewhere or not released yet? or part of box only? I really struggle with their new webpage, super hard to navigate imo...

They're not part of a box set and aren't available to purchase yet, but I'll share a link here when they go up on pre-orders 👍🏻

Edited by Gareth 🍄