Bonersplitterz in 3rd Edition

Jimmy Bob Jones

1 hour ago, Cdance93 said:

For exemple, in a scale of 1-10 how nuts is this list? And 1-10 how viable? 

1E8493F6-9768-4E38-81DA-621524A62592.jpeg

I personally don't think Kragnos is good in Big Waaagh. He doesn't generate you Waaagh points, or gain any of the benefits. He's much better in one of the other subfactions (Ironjaws, Bonesplitters, Kruleboyz) with the intent of him being a mobile hammer piece that gives your guys 3D6 charge. 

I also think Big Waaagh lends itself to less large monsters and more units as they generate more Waaagh points, quicker. The name of the game with Big Waaagh is play defensive until you hit 20-24 Waaagh points, then start shredding. More Waaagh points = more Krumpin'. 

10x Brutes or 6x Pigs with Violent Fury in Big Waaagh do almost the same damage output as Kraggy with their 2/2 profile at 20 Waaagh points with -2 Rend for way less points. 

My 2c anyway. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dzATL said:

I personally don't think Kragnos is good in Big Waaagh. He doesn't generate you Waaagh points, or gain any of the benefits. He's much better in one of the other subfactions (Ironjaws, Bonesplitters, Kruleboyz) with the intent of him being a mobile hammer piece that gives your guys 3D6 charge. 

I also think Big Waaagh lends itself to less large monsters and more units as they generate more Waaagh points, quicker. The name of the game with Big Waaagh is play defensive until you hit 20-24 Waaagh points, then start shredding. More Waaagh points = more Krumpin'. 

10x Brutes or 6x Pigs with Violent Fury in Big Waaagh do almost the same damage output as Kraggy with their 2/2 profile at 20 Waaagh points with -2 Rend for way less points. 

My 2c anyway. 

Great advice! Looks quite fun to play might try it soon 

I am having mixed feelings regarding the new Incarnate. I have only heard the leaks so far, so my opinions could change as the rules continue to come out. At 400 points it is a big investment. Having run 2 Rogue Idols before, I feel that having two big investments like that is too much for us, as we need board presence. So this would provide an alternative to Kragnos or an Idol, instead of in addition to. Which is a shame, as there are definitely synergies with them. Lol, particularly frustrated that I can finally get a 3+ to my casting again, but it is at to high an investment cost.

If it's movement is good, then I could see it as a Kragnos alternative in an Icebone list. I need to know how it's states work, and how close it needs to be to it's bound hero before I make up my mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cdance93 said:

Interested to see what the domination aura is, I hope it’s not just casting but we’ll see. That would make or break it in our lists 

Supposedly it also let's you all out attack to multiple units, which would be huge for us. That is part of the synergy I was referencing. However it has a unique bracketing system and may lose that ability as it gets to more weakened states. They say that it "counts" as having 18 wounds, but wounds don't impact it's state. So how it raises and lowers its state and effectiveness will be a key factor.

Ok, full rules have been leaked. It is definitely interesting. They can be killed in one turn, but they are still under your control if the bonded hero gets killed. A bubble that gives +1 to hit and re'roll runs/charges is strong. My main complaint so far is that the only way to raise the domination level is entirely dependent on my opponents army composition. 400 points can be wiped out with an insta kill ability and a bad battleshock phase. Thankfully insta kill is kind of rare. 

First list idea... (Drakkfoot of course)

Wurrgog (general): Master of Magic 150

Wurrgog: Glowing Tattoos 150

Wardokk 80

10 Moreboys 155

10 Morboys 155

10 boys w/ stikkas 165

10 Maniacs 290

10 Maniacs 290

2 big stabbas 80

2 big stabbas 80

Incarnate 400

Total: 1995

It will need an extra enhancement for the Incarnate. The idea is to designate the general to casting duty, while the 2nd can blast away with his mask. 

Not sure if I like it better than my current set up with my Idol. The Incarnate has awesome offense, but it feels like the Idol would be more survivable and have a longer term impact. I have an Incarnate Elemental of Beasts that I might proxy with at first. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlmGandix3 said:

It also might be nice for the denial play style due to units in ragne not being able to retreat

Denying retreats gives me Bonegrinz 2.0 flashbacks. Charging the incarnate and maybe a few Big Stabbas in and pestering the Opponent with our ****** arrowboys shooting 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cdance93 said:

I missed the Bonegrinz list, what was the tactics behind tying up a unit with 30 arrow boyz

In 2.0 enemies couldn’t retreat from your units. So you could shoot them with your arrowboyz without fear of charges. Especially nice with the kunnin rukk

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 10:08 AM, Cdance93 said:

I missed the Bonegrinz list, what was the tactics behind tying up a unit with 30 arrow boyz

It was also about board control. This was before 3.0 coherency rules, so your bricks could be spread out, multi charge, and tie up your opponent and force them to deal with them while you pull ahead on objectives. This was also when you could save stack, and mystic shield let you re'roll 1's. This let our shield boys be surprisingly durable.

Just had a 2 day Gt this weekend, went 4-1 with my boys.

Round 1 vs CoS phoenix x2 + phoenix guard list. Won when kraggy murdered some phoenixes.

Round 2 vs slayers. won, tied up ends of all of his HGB units while kraggy almost 1 shot one of them, 1 left with 1 wound. 

Round 3 against IJ. Won, but I thought I had lost on turn one when he locked my entire army up with 2 units of pigs, kraggy wins the day by scoring up like 12 points across 2 turns by killing 2 MCs.

Round 4 against deepkin. won, barely, got into his lines turn 1 and murdered half his foot troops but with attacks back on his turn one brought krag down, very close game down to the wire at the end. Highlight was kraggy taking 1 dmg from the shooting phase and then stomping on his entire army doing like 15 mortals.

Round 5 against nurgle fly spam+belakor. my only loss, at the top table no less so I can't be mad. flies are strong vs everything in my army that isnt kragnos, but krag ended up doing 20 mortals into belakor for some revenge.

Overall, I will take a 4-1 showing from the naked boys.

e7a2111cd0219f31ea04f6a9b6cecb6e.png.281e4b5b48f0eb55058eee3ca28cbd63.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Belmail said:

Just had a 2 day Gt this weekend, went 4-1 with my boys.

Round 1 vs CoS phoenix x2 + phoenix guard list. Won when kraggy murdered some phoenixes.

Round 2 vs slayers. won, tied up ends of all of his HGB units while kraggy almost 1 shot one of them, 1 left with 1 wound. 

Round 3 against IJ. Won, but I thought I had lost on turn one when he locked my entire army up with 2 units of pigs, kraggy wins the day by scoring up like 12 points across 2 turns by killing 2 MCs.

Round 4 against deepkin. won, barely, got into his lines turn 1 and murdered half his foot troops but with attacks back on his turn one brought krag down, very close game down to the wire at the end. Highlight was kraggy taking 1 dmg from the shooting phase and then stomping on his entire army doing like 15 mortals.

Round 5 against nurgle fly spam+belakor. my only loss, at the top table no less so I can't be mad. flies are strong vs everything in my army that isnt kragnos, but krag ended up doing 20 mortals into belakor for some revenge.

Overall, I will take a 4-1 showing from the naked boys.

e7a2111cd0219f31ea04f6a9b6cecb6e.png.281e4b5b48f0eb55058eee3ca28cbd63.png

Congrats!  That's a mighty victory for the Bonesplitterz.  Think it would work as well with all Boars instead of foot Orruks?  

21 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Congrats!  That's a mighty victory for the Bonesplitterz.  Think it would work as well with all Boars instead of foot Orruks?  

For sure, as soon as I can locate a box, the foot boys will be out in favor of boars. 

20 minutes ago, W1tchhunter said:

Congrats on the 4-1 that's awesome. What makes the pigs so good? There warscroll seems meh at best.

Also still looking for a semi decent 1k list 😛

Thanks. They are just fast, with a chunk of wounds and a bucket of attacks to fish for exploding 6s to hit and 6s to wound for mortals. They're kind of just the secondary threat that can tie stuff up that wants to kill kragnos. I tied up almost entire armies on turn one and just pinned some people in place for 2 to 3 turns while I score out.

I've tried foot Orruk armies and Boarboy armies, and I always always always miss the speed of the Boars.  Plus I just don't have another cavalry army so they fill the need for speed! (and I don't want to make another Tzeentch army, just loaded with Screamers and Burning Chariots this time...I mean that will probably not happen, probably).

16 hours ago, Shirtripper said:

Thanks to the recent 4-1s from @Belmail, myself, and a few other Savage Big Bosses, Bonesplitterz is officially at the top of the meta since the IDK/FS book release and sitting at a 53% winrate since the Maggotkin book!

unknown-8.png

Y'all gonna get us nerfed DX

Or more probably get kragnos nerfed haha.

• Haha 2

On 4/12/2022 at 5:34 AM, Shirtripper said:

Thanks to the recent 4-1s from @Belmail, myself, and a few other Savage Big Bosses, Bonesplitterz is officially at the top of the meta since the IDK/FS book release and sitting at a 53% winrate since the Maggotkin book!

unknown-8.png

Congrats @Shirtripper and @Belmail but stop!!! Let us still fly under the radar and suprise everyone with our naked butts.