AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

13 hours ago, Horizons said:

A little dissapointed in Gobbsprak, I think he's good and costed fairly. He's billed as great anti-magic but with no bonuses to cast/unbind I don't know how effective he'll be. (I may be biased magic armies I face are Hallowheart and Kroak).

I think i know what you mean but overall i am pretty happy with him.

300 points for 2 cast unbind on a mobile platform that can do a bit of combat work is pretty solid and he has some decent threat with the unbind against other regular casters and a lot of flexibility with knowing the whole spell lore. Sadly we are just not going to complete against the big magic powerhouses but i always feel that will matter more in tourney games then regular ones. 

Our Underworlds warband was just revealed, and has speculated it looks like our hero is a Snatchaboss on foot:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/16/gen-con-a-shadowy-new-season-of-warhammer-underworlds-revealed/

Pretty cool sculpts, good proxies for a Shaman/Killaboss if their warscrolls end being underwhelming.

HZLQpAmlVwHPTZUL.png

jSpocZWyR0VbE5fP.png

VkAstmGmL3tIBMuD.png

Edited by Arzalyn
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Our Underworlds warband was just revealed, and has speculated it looks like our hero is a Snatchaboss on foot:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/16/gen-con-a-shadowy-new-season-of-warhammer-underworlds-revealed/

Pretty cool sculpts, good proxies for a Shaman/Killaboss if their warscrolls end being underwhelming.

HZLQpAmlVwHPTZUL.png

jSpocZWyR0VbE5fP.png

VkAstmGmL3tIBMuD.png

Where do you see something that can be used as a proxy for our shaman? I had hoped we would see a good proxy here, as I've seen to many lists with 2-3 Swampcalla Shamans.

But the best thing I could imagine using out of this group as proxies would be using them as a Killaboss with Stabgrot replacement - and I am not sure I will need to proxy those that often...

27 minutes ago, JanGret said:

Where do you see something that can be used as a proxy for our shaman? I had hoped we would see a good proxy here, as I've seen to many lists with 2-3 Swampcalla Shamans.

But the best thing I could imagine using out of this group as proxies would be using them as a Killaboss with Stabgrot replacement - and I am not sure I will need to proxy those that often...

Change the whip hand and but some trinkets on the staff, would be more than enough to me to pass it has a wizard. If you want something more similar to the shaman model, Gobsprakk could make a good one. Looking at the sprue it doesn't looks like he share any body piece with the killaboss option, you could build him and put him sited into a rock or something.

11 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Change the whip hand and but some trinkets on the staff, would be more than enough to me to pass it has a wizard. If you want something more similar to the shaman model, Gobsprakk could make a good one. Looking at the sprue it doesn't looks like he share any body piece with the killaboss option, you could build him and put him sited into a rock or something.

He shares feet. This barely matter but they do share feet. Seeing as I plan to put the killaboss on a gnashtoof it's great for me but on a shaman maybe put it on a killaboss and stabgrots base and it might fit

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

He shares feet. This barely matter but they do share feet. Seeing as I plan to put the killaboss on a gnashtoof it's great for me but on a shaman maybe put it on a killaboss and stabgrots base and it might fit

I swear I saw two feets pieces last time I looked, but you are correct. At least the feets are easy to replace with some blades (like the new hobgrot hand from underworlds) or don't even use anything for at all if you use water for base effects.

2 hours ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

Sorry didn't mean to call you but I didn't want them buying something and being disappointed

Don't worry, I wouldn't want this to happen too, it was good that you corrected me!

8 minutes ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

so what is everyones guess on the killaboss looking guy with the vulture pet now? he hasnt showed up anywhere.

I expect it to by another Gruttripaz leader option for the multi-part kit. We should see if that is the case tomorrow, if it's not, then maybe a store anniversary or event exclusive model i guess? The edition face factions generally get some of those.

• Like 1

The Kunnin' crew looks good, but to me they are somewhat lacking colour. The scareshields really add a lot to the faction's aesthetic. 

But I guess these guys are more strongly associated with the Snatchas (or whatever they were called) and wear all black. A bit boring, but I guess it fits the Ulgu setting.

• Thanks 1

So our magic's in a bit of a funny place. Great spells, but reasonably high casting values and our Swampcalla's are going to spend a lot of their time on poisons and elixirs - which of course makes them fantastic even in oppressive magic metas since we'll still get a lot of value out of them. It does mean, though, that we're not likely to be making that many casting attempts in a game just with Swampcallas.

Gobsprakk opens things up a bit with his two casts, of course. The Mouth of Mork does feel reasonably priced for what he brings, but I'm still struggling to fit him in to most of the lists I'm eyeing after a Sludgeraker, piles of Boltboyz and Gutrippaz, along with mandatory Swampcallas and a Killaboss for battleshock protection. Arcane Tome as a second artefact on the Killaboss might open up a bit more spellcasting flexibility though.

I started looking at Endless Spells. We don't need stuff that causes mortal wounds, and without Spell Portal stuff like Soulsnare Shackles feels more liability than anything else. The most interesting option there seems to me to be the Emerald Lifeswarm, which could give a bit more resilience to our army, whether keeping Gutrippaz in the fight or protecting the vital Sludgeraker.

48 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Also, for the compulsory Sludgeraker: If taking a Snatchaboss, what do people think for ward save protection? Amulet of Destiny, or Egomaniak?

I prefer the amulet. The outcome of them is the same, Egomaniak is easier to get with a 4+, but it needs units near it and if you are using it for the buffing bubble i doubt you want to get wounds on what he is buffing. I think Egomaniak is better for something that whats to go into combat with other units, like a mounter Killaboss or a Breaka-boss. The Killaboss seen specially good with it, as his help ignore the battleshock that the damage will inevitable cause.

5 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

Gobsprakk opens things up a bit with his two casts, of course. The Mouth of Mork does feel reasonably priced for what he brings, but I'm still struggling to fit him in to most of the lists I'm eyeing after a Sludgeraker, piles of Boltboyz and Gutrippaz, along with mandatory Swampcallas and a Killaboss for battleshock protection. Arcane Tome as a second artefact on the Killaboss might open up a bit more spellcasting flexibility though.

I agree with everything you said about our magic and Gobsprakk. I'm also having a hard time getting him in list other then the Big Yellers Boltboyz focused ones. He is more of a utility piece, damaging casters some times, letting we get more of some command abilities and some times getting some spells off. Against armies with normal casters he is a good bully, but he seems a little weak if you are facing lists with good casting/dispel bonuses, as he looses a good amount of his utility. In other factions you have 1440 points to work with for the rest of the list (560 are the minimum guttripaz tax) and when you factor other more reliable buff models + reinforcements it is hard to find the 300 points for a utility piece that some times isn't even reliable in its utility.

The lack of casting bonus is a little sad looking at our spell lore, as it makes hard to plan anything around them. Big Wag should have a better time doing so with the +1 to cast from the points, but for a Kruleboyz allegiance all we have is the Master of Magic command trait. I do wonder if taking this trait would be a good idea if we want to make a better use of your good spell lore.

Edited by Arzalyn

4 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

I think Egomaniak is better for something that whats to go into combat with other units, like a mounter Killaboss or a Breaka-boss.

I think that passing wounds to your units is not optional. Breaka-boss will lose some dmg if that's the case.

Edited by Beliman

4 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

I prefer the amulet. The outcome of them is the same, Egomaniak is easier to get with a 4+, but it needs units near it and if you are using it for the buffing bubble i doubt you want to get wounds on what he is buffing. I think Egomaniak is better for something that whats to go into combat with other units, like a mounter Killaboss or a Breaka-boss. The Killaboss seen specially good with it, as his help ignore the battleshock that the damage will inevitable cause.

I agree with everything you said about our magic and Gobsprakk. I'm also having a hard time getting him in list other then the Big Yellers Boltboyz focused ones. He is more of a utility piece, damaging casters some times, letting we get more of some command abilities and some times getting some spells off. Against armies with normal casters he is a good bully, but he seems a little weak if you are facing lists with good casting/dispel bonuses, as he looses a good amount of his utility. In other factions you have 1440 points to work with for the rest of the list (560 are the minimum guttripaz tax) and when you factor other more reliable buff models + reinforcements it is hard to find the 300 points for a utility piece that some times isn't even reliable in its utility.

The lack of casting bonus is a little sad looking at our spell lore, as it makes hard to plan anything around them. Big Wag should have a better time doing so with the +1 to cast from the points, but for a Kruleboyz allegiance all we have is the Master of Magic command trait. I do wonder if taking this trait would be a good idea if we want to make a better use of your good spell lore.

This is what breaks my heart about the model, I was disappointed that the warscroll never got +1to cast especially given his lore so as badly as I want to field it, it is honestly not going to prove viable. The spells are great, but have a high casting value so you are most likely to see failed results let alone unbinds and the points are so comparable to the sludgeraker that you always question yourself to take gobsprakk, or take the combat prowess and aura from the sludgeraker. You will certainly always take 1 but drop gobsprakk and now you can field 2.

I do appreciate the mork sez no but again no + 1 so you are less likely to see this vs an army who’s rolling better than us with their casting bonuses

Edited by Sivyre

On 9/16/2021 at 5:19 PM, GDD said:

So is this guy going to be a Warcry warband unit, or is he actually the spear unit champion in the multipart Gutrippaz - and we somehow just haven't seen him or the vultures yet?

unreleased-kruleboi.png

The models are up on the New Zealand web-store and the Guttripaz sprue doesn't have a vulture! That means that this model is probably some kind of anniversary/event model, as we already saw our Underwolrds warband. Maybe its a Killaboss with a vulture rather than a Stabba-grot?

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I think that passing wounds to your units is not optional. Breaka-boss will lose some dmg if that's the case.

You are correct, its not optional! For me its solidify it even more as a Killaboss trait (with a Guttripaz or Hobgrots unit to receive the damage). The Killaboss with the Gnashtooth is probably the best Killaboss to use it, as he's 3+ natural save should help reducing the amount of wounds you have to pass.

1 hour ago, Sivyre said:

This is what breaks my heart about the model, I was disappointed that the warscroll never got +1to cast especially given his lore so as badly as I want to field it, it is honestly not going to prove viable. The spells are great, but have a high casting value so you are most likely to see failed results let alone unbinds and the points are so comparable to the sludgeraker that you always question yourself to take gobsprakk, or take the combat prowess and aura from the sludgeraker. You will certainly always take 1 but drop gobsprakk and now you can field 2.

I do appreciate the mork sez no but again no + 1 so you are less likely to see this vs an army who’s rolling better than us with their casting bonuses

Yeah I would have traded the once per battle 3d6 to unbind for a +1 to unbind in general in a heartbeat if I was given the option... Still I don't think he isn't a viable option, just not the most reliable one. He greatest values seen to be in the unleash hell/redeploy buffs, which don't depend on the opponent list/dice rolls as much, and those can be quiet strong. He has its place in the army, but mostly of the time I believe that a Sludgeraker ends having more value for its points.

I don't face spell focused lists in general, so I for me he as value, I just can't build my whole strategy around him getting our spells off. Now if you face Teclis/seraphon/tzeentch/Nagash/Arkhan regularly I wouldn't advice trying to include him in your lists.

• Like 1