Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

1 hour ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I wasn't really interested in Gravelords until they revealed Grandma Vampire. I don't know if I will play Gravelords now, but I know I need that babushka vampire for DnD.

Do you think she bakes dog treats for all the people she turns into wolves?

I know how you feel, the reveal of Lauka Vai has made me open another fund to get myself some new vampires! The vampires of the Vyrkos also look really cool. 

• Like 1

With me it is the opposite. I really like all soulblight models they revealed, but that vengorian Lord/ Lauka Vai, in my opinion ugly as hell... that’s why I want to replace that Vengorian Lord with a Conversion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aren73 said:

I wasn't being serious :P

This is it. This is Soulblight Gravelords, I don't want to get my hopes up for anything more. We've seen all there is to see and the models are lovely, if not everyone's cup of tea. 

They literally said on the reveal video, THIS IS EVERYTHING. 

3 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

They literally said on the reveal video, THIS IS EVERYTHING. 

Well I guess if that is "EVERYTHING" then we're also not getting dice, warscroll cards or a limited edition battletome :) 

After all, everything is everything. :P

• Haha 1

Just now, Aren73 said:

Well I guess if that is "EVERYTHING" then we're also not getting dice, warscroll cards or a limited edition battletome :) 

Everything in terms of models.... well, endless spells too... I guess. Ok ok Ok

Ohhhkaaaaay

1 minute ago, Aren73 said:

Endless Spells, terrain?

2 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Endless Spells, terrain?

I was just demonstrating that when they say "this is everything" they could mean anything from "That's it" to "That's all that we're showing today" or "Those are all the new models not including terrain or endless spells". We really don't know. 

We may or may not have endless spells and they may or may not be coming with this release wave. Currently there isn't enough to be able to say either way. 

I just rewatched to Twitch stream and the actual quote is "So that is now all of the Soulblight Gravelords miniatures." .... "if you've been looking forward to the full release of this army,  you've now seen all of the miniatures, you can check out the rest on the previous previews."

I allowed myself the luxury of getting hyped - my bad. I'm happy for everybody who is satisfied by the release to day - I'm not.

A lot of reskins of models we already have, if we can believe the leak, there will be harsh changes to zombies and skeletons - for good and for bad.

But when it comes to new models, boy I' disappointed. After the crimson court, after the new blood knights, after the new vampire lord I was hoping for something more classic regarding todays reveal. But here we are, having a sh!tload of named models nobody will play and and this "thing" I don't know how to feel about (dragon-vampire-snake-bat-idk).

Radukar the beast is ok, but not my taste, the ol' lady is cool, I also like both share the esthetic with the dire wolves and the 3 wild vampire guys from cursed city. Which leads me to the next downer, they are seriously forcing you to take the whole crew of vilians to the party - what nonsense! I have no words for that. How cool would if have been, to field radukar the beast, with the old lady, a vargskyr and some lesser, feral vampires and dire wolves as BL options? yeah, no, not today honey.

No fleshed out, vampire knight army with a nobel thrist for blood, which is the absolut worse setback for me. No new VL on ZD, no vampire elite guard/footmen/whatever and no mention of Neferata or Manfred.

So no changes at all. U still have to field hords or a kind of a patchwork of bloodknights, crypt flyers and heroes. A big miss here by GW, I hope the battletome makes things clearer, but by now, I'm disappointed af...

2 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

THAT IS IT.

be happy

8D6CE0AE-82E0-44D8-8909-6929B9959CA6.jpeg

Hahaha fair enough - that being repeated in the article does make it seem as if there will be no terrain or endless spells. 

Shame, Soulblight endless spells could have really been gorgeous. Oh well. 

We haven't seen the rules yet. The book might be jam packed with flavour; several different bloodlines to tailor your army as you want. 

We got some new sculpts, some redesigns and hopefully some new warscrolls for existing units.

I can't wait to sink my teeth in to it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Liquidsteel said:

We haven't seen the rules yet. The book might be jam packed with flavour; several different bloodlines to tailor your army as you want. 

We got some new sculpts, some redesigns and hopefully some new warscrolls for existing units.

I can't wait to sink my teeth in to it.

Yeah, the way he talked about bloodlines was "she is the main boss of one of the bloodlines..." immediately caught my attention. Chaos got stuff like hosts, sub-hosts, so who know what it could mean for Soulblight.

21 minutes ago, Dolinarius said:

I allowed myself the luxury of getting hyped - my bad. I'm happy for everybody who is satisfied by the release to day - I'm not.

A lot of reskins of models we already have, if we can believe the leak, there will be harsh changes to zombies and skeletons - for good and for bad.

But when it comes to new models, boy I' disappointed. After the crimson court, after the new blood knights, after the new vampire lord I was hoping for something more classic regarding todays reveal. But here we are, having a sh!tload of named models nobody will play and and this "thing" I don't know how to feel about (dragon-vampire-snake-bat-idk).

Radukar the beast is ok, but not my taste, the ol' lady is cool, I also like both share the esthetic with the dire wolves and the 3 wild vampire guys from cursed city. Which leads me to the next downer, they are seriously forcing you to take the whole crew of vilians to the party - what nonsense! I have no words for that. How cool would if have been, to field radukar the beast, with the old lady, a vargskyr and some lesser, feral vampires and dire wolves as BL options? yeah, no, not today honey.

No fleshed out, vampire knight army with a nobel thrist for blood, which is the absolut worse setback for me. No new VL on ZD, no vampire elite guard/footmen/whatever and no mention of Neferata or Manfred.

So no changes at all. U still have to field hords or a kind of a patchwork of bloodknights, crypt flyers and heroes. A big miss here by GW, I hope the battletome makes things clearer, but by now, I'm disappointed af...

Remember we already have a great model for VLOZD, alongside new vampire models and the old ones, vampire infantry with the bloodborn alongside all our current range with updated rules, I'm super hyped. I wasn't expecting an updated VLOZD considering it's so new in comparison to so many other units, in addition to being a big multi kit - ghoul king, terrorgheist, GKOT, GKOZD, vhordrai, VLOZD...

I was full on expecting a skaven release, one or two new models with just a bunch of rules.

I'm super happy. Hope you can enjoy what we get too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys its a new faction with new battletome or or just an expansion like nightound with belakor book?

It's sad that this is a question ;) 

It's a new faction with a new battletome. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, relic456 said:

I'm out of the loop on this, Vampire infantry was my #1 on the wishlist, where are these from?

No, I don't think that's actually happening. Based on what we've seen and some rumours (of which most have been confirmed now) nothing from the cursed city box is a separate unit except for zombies and skeletons. 

Buuuuuuut apparently you can take all the cursed city stuff as one unit, letting you take the Vargskyr etc - as long as you also take all the other characters. 

Basically, no vampire infantry. Unless you count Vargheists ;) 

@Ghoooouls

yeah sure somehow I can...a battletome and a plastic blood knights kit is great after all, althought I already kitbashed myself 10 of them and wont' buy the new ones.

Gonna order a start collecting flesheater courts for crypt flayers and a vampire lord on zombie dragon - now that I know the won't go away. But be sure I convert the zombie dragon - I can't stand the head ;)

Meanwhile I continue my "vampire on food with shield and helbards" project, but the downer is, that the release didn't effect all these things, I think thats the reason why I'm so disappointed. It seems like my approche on vampires in AoS seems pretty unique in a bad way.

Edited by Dolinarius

2 minutes ago, relic456 said:

I'm out of the loop on this, Vampire infantry was my #1 on the wishlist, where are these from?

There is nothing confirming actual Vampire Infantry. Just a hope that the bloodborn can be taken outside of the 600+ pt Cursed City circus.

40 minutes ago, Dolinarius said:

Ok, first off... all feelings are valid and I’m sorry you feel a bit hard done by, that sucks.

Now, if I may be a bit more optimistic about things and impart (not again...) my thoughts and responses to your views, some of which will be shared by others.

Re-skinning old models with beautifully detailed, incredibly engineered, creative takes on old tropes is something we should all welcome. I think it’s a false dichotomy to say we have to either keep old crud minis or completely re-invent the wheel. Some archetypes are strong, and defy reinvention for the sake of it. So, for me at least re-skinning ugly as hell dire wolves 10/10, skeles 10/10, zombies 10/10, blood knights 10/10, bats 10/10, new vampire lord 10/10, wight king on steed 10/10.
Re the MANY new Vampire Lord sculpts, oh woe is us... We now have three new vampire lords one of which ties into the narrative of cursed city (great), a new ratty one and that masked lady. The former prob will only work as a named character, fine. The latter, due to irregular base sizes, possibly also true. By for now, put assumptions about names characters aside, pretty please. 
In addition we have a new named vampire lord on a wolf (stunning model) and two incredibly dynamic and very imaginative new models in the form of Luka and her buddy. These are a massive departure from anything we’ve seen before for Soulblight, and are really stunning - yes they are a bit marmite, but have you seen the entire Fyreslayer range?!
So, you are also making some HUGE and quite negative assumptions without seeing any rules as to why taking named characters is actually a bad thing. All salty speculation, totally choosing to disregard anything close to rules or actual facts. They might be excellent buff pieces and my guess based of recent trends, is that they will be impactful and characterful. If nothing else, THE RULE OF COOL PREVAILS always. If you only want to play this game to stomp face and play bruk shiiiiit, I can direct you to LRL.

So, if I may be so bold chill your boots a bit there cowboy. 
We have already had some VERY CLASSIC re-sculpts. I feel today was more about revealing some new never seen before stuff, and in that sense they wowed us. Yes, we’ve seen dire wolves before. But the jank we had until today is getting on for 15-20 years old. 

Ok, next up. 
OUR ZOMBIE DRAGON AND VAMPIRE LORD ARE GREAT MODELS. Move on. They also share a kit with the terrorghiest and ghoul king and as a long term FEC player and member of the WhatsApp group and owner of 4 of these models (zd and tg’s) I can resolutely say you are the only person I’ve heard complaining about what is still a a really nice and quite intimidating centre piece model. They absolutely are not about to scrap two kits, for another one.

As to your point about taking the whole crew of villains from cursed city, that’s a good call. It stops scalpers, which are a menace that’s the first thing. It makes cherry picking things from an otherwise hard to find box also much harder to do. And, REALLY, pretty much all characters from the Warhammer quest games are sub-par in AoS, they are supposed to be. Otherwise they are introducing a very expensive pay to play bar which is unfair. You should, rather than moan about that see it as a nice flavourful and thematic addition to your army. I am fortunate enough to have one and I absolutely LOVE that I can have Radukar and his cronies pre-cursed city, or him on his own hench style after the adventurers failed to kill him. That is totally rad. Literally one of the coolest things they have done in a while.

I have never wanted elite footmen, that’s not why I play this army and never has been. I’m sorry if this sounds mean, but if that’s what you want, play another army maybe? Paint them up as undead?

I for one an absolutely pumped to run a patchwork army backed up by weird narcissistic self loathing monstrous vamps. It’s exactly how they should be.

I’m also mad pumped to get the book, to find out how Nef and Manfred and Vhodrai fit in. There is SO much we don’t yet know, today is literally the tip of the iceberg and as someone who has played Warhammer since I was 9 (I’m 43) this is the most excited I’ve ever been about the hobby.

Sorry you don’t feel the same. 
x

Edited by warhammernerd
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2